Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1984
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    MHM on IndyPass now?

...not psyched for the additional pressure...
    Yeah I am curious how much traffic it adds on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Yeah I am curious how much traffic it adds on the weekend.

they at least opted to be on each of the blackout lists for those that don't pay for Indy+ (no blackouts)
    peak weekends is part of that blackout

So stoked for Lari. The event was impressive to watch. Big props to her for sending this mega drop in for the GS race

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post

So stoked for Lari. The event was impressive to watch. Big props to her for sending this mega drop in for the GS race

Seriously cool! Post some vids, I'm not exactly sure what the types of salmon skating look like.

Badass Lari! Let us know how we can tune in and cheer you on.

I would like some info on Ashland ski area.

I see they don't get a lot of snow. Is it because of that low elevation?

Do they have some steep terrain?

Are they open every year, even with low snow?

Thank you

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

^^^
    Base elevation is about the same as Bachelor. Difference is latitude and weather patterns

There’s a bit of steep terrain but you must Ski the Bold Line

They haven’t opened in some prior years due to lack of snow,

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Badass Lari! Let us know how we can tune in and cheer you on.
    Thanks!!!! I was thinking about posting in padded room asking for some strategy tips to win the contest

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

https://www.oregonlive.com/hg/2022/0...artoonist.html
    Article in the Oregonian about the Davenport Days couch races this Sunday in Silverton. If anyone wants to race we can always use more people to push and it is always fun. Send me a DM or show up on race day by 11:30 and I will get you on a team

Anyone else get a Bachelor survey? Asking questions like; would you be interested in paying $100 for a demo day and try different skis or boots?
    Would you be interested/willing to pay $500/day for a private guide.
    Would you be interested/willing to pay a supplemental add on to your season pass for $699 for fast tracks access.
    Would you be interested/willing to pay for close in parking or for a guaranteed on mountain dining reservation.

Basically - how can we suck more money out of your pockets and how can we cater to the rich and shaft the middle class skier.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Anyone else get a Bachelor survey? Asking questions like; would you be interested in paying $100 for a demo day and try different skis or boots?
    Would you be interested/willing to pay $500/day for a private guide.
    Would you be interested/willing to pay a supplemental add on to your season pass for $699 for fast tracks access.
    Would you be interested/willing to pay for close in parking or for a guaranteed on mountain dining reservation.

Basically - how can we suck more money out of your pockets and how can we cater to the rich and shaft the middle class skier.
    I got that same survey. It is a bunch of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    I got that same survey. It is a bunch of bullshit.

That's the vibe I was getting. Bachelor wants to become the Deer/Sun Valley of Oregon. So, they better up their game bigly if that's the route they are going. Because they have a long way to go. #1 on the list if fixing lift ops.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I would like some info on Ashland ski area.

I see they don't get a lot of snow. Is it because of that low elevation?

Do they have some steep terrain?

Are they open every year, even with low snow?

Thank you

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Ashland is steep and a greet place.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Would you be interested in paying $10,000 or more to have lifts spin on time without breaking.
    Meanwhile, Skyliner is a maybe next season. Bazinga.

$50 million dollar lawsuit against Bachelor.

https://ktvz.com/news/accidents-cras...llion-lawsuit/

BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) – The parents of a 9-year-old Tacoma, Wash., boy who died after a fatal fall down the icy slopes of Mt. Bachelor early last year have filed a nearly $50 million wrongful death and negligence lawsuit against the ski resort and its parent company, Powdr Corp.

Brecken Boice was skiing with his parents, Brian and Angela Boice, and younger brother on Jan. 16, 2021 when he tumbled down the icy slopes and crashed into rocks, suffering fatal injuries.
    I was up there that same day and did one lap off the Summit. No way in hell was I going to go off the one groomed run down. The upper mtn. was a sheet of ice that day.

^^^I remember that day too. I was astounded that mom decided to take the young kid into upper moraine when conditions = blue ice.

Guessing this is an insurance company driving the lawsuit train.

That afternoon, Brecken and his father rode the Summit Express lift to the summit, and according to the lawsuit, resort workers at the bottom of the lift said conditions were “good, with minimal ice build-up, making the runs compatible with Brian and Brecken Boice’s abilities and experience.”

However, when the got off the lift, “they encountered unexpected and severe ice conditions” –

OK, my mistake - thought kid was with mom at the time.

Like Toadman said, it was marginal on the groom up there - shiny ice where the kid slid.

In my mind this horrible event is on dad, not the resort.

Taking a lifties word as gospel and letting your son stray far enough away to slide down healy heights w/o inspecting it first has me of the same mind TBS.

I can't say I'm surprised they are going after the mountain though because taking responsibility for the death of your child is a tough pill to swallow.

Dad made a bad decision and his son paid the price. Awful. I've heard both parents are (you get 1 guess, it starts with an L).
    I also thought it was mom until reading this last news article.

Hard to imagine the pain that day and likely every second since for that family and especially the dad. I cannot imagine being there and seeing your son sliding away. Lawsuit aside, sounds like the kind of day Summit really just should not have been open. Don't get me wrong, I know we have all hit it in those conditions...but we didn't really need to and didn't like it...Perhaps I am just getting soft in my old age.

The media wants everyone to be afraid of avalanches when in reality, it is ice that will get you, particularly in the Cascades. I'm terrified of ice and don't ski unless I am going to find something soft. I'll make sure my kids have this attitude as well.

If Bachelor shouldn't open summit when conditions are icy they aren't going to be opening summit very often.

Reminds me of when telemon (who posted on TAY and was an experienced ski mountaineer) died when he fell skinning up the north side of Hood and slid out of control on the ice

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2010..._of_mount.html

Lovely day at Timberline! Last day of the park.

Froze overnight and was a sheet of ice from 8am-9:30am. Super fast snow from 9:30-12. Noon-2 was a little slushy but stayed pretty fast, didn't become velcro at all.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OK, my mistake - thought kid was with mom at the time.

Like Toadman said, it was marginal on the groom up there - shiny ice where the kid slid.

In my mind this horrible event is on dad, not the resort.
    After suffering this horrific accident I can imagine that the parents found an attorney
    (or an attorney found them) and told them what any grieving parents would want to hear. “Of course it’s not your fault that your 9 yr old sons dead, it’s the resorts fault and they deserve to pay so this won’t ever happen again………” or something to that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums