Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    nice

[who's Gary?]

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    A 3’ saturated layer on top of a 5’ cold dry layer is no bueno
    It makes a good base.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    nice

[who's Gary?]
    A vague and deep-cut reference to Team America. If you hang out with my motley crew of motorcyclists, you'll hear it frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Man, I was bummed this morning because our road wasn’t plowed and no chance of driving to get to the mountain.

Instead, did some redneck shit and was braaaaapping all over hood river and towing my buddy. No regrets, so much fun. Mega deep face shots on the sled in post canyon and on may st.

Apologies to all those who were offended by our borderline reckless behavior.

Height of snow = above my great Pyrenees’ shoulders. Attached dog pic from 7am. It got deeper…

Attachment 399602
    Attachment 399603
    Attachment 399605
    Attachment 399607
    Attachment 399614
    Nice, that's SOP in Glenwood and Trout Lake.

Meadows was pretty deep today. Getting home though is proving to be a challenge
    Training for Alpental

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

MHM closed today - staff can’t even get there. 26 closed due to conditions still.
    Ski Bowl too
    I don’t see a Tline update for today - maybe lodge dwellers get a lonely hill? But guessing it’s closed too due to lack of day staff

This is unprecedented. Lack of snowplows? Meadows updated at 6:15 this morning about the closure. If I was going, that would've too late for me

TLine hasn't updated their conditions page this AM

Tline closed too

Name:  D278BC1E-E928-4E2F-881B-827245BC0120.png
Views: 364
Size:  400.7 KB

Name:  D278BC1E-E928-4E2F-881B-827245BC0120.png
Views: 364
Size:  400.7 KB
    Enjoy, keep the speed up, and stay safe all!

Today’s conditions report
    Good morning skiers and riders. Mt. Bachelor is open, but we want to be very clear about safety and how to navigate the mountain today. Base your ski day out of Sunrise due to Front-side and West-side lifts not scheduled to operate due to safety concerns for staff and guests. Tree well danger is extreme, and visibility will be poor due to continuing snow and wind, so please make safe choices when navigating the mountain. Today is a MANDATORY ski and ride with a buddy; always stay within visual and auditory contact, find regrouping points each run to stop, and check-in with one another. Before getting on the trails, be sure you have a fully charged cell phone and plug the Ski Patrol emergency number in your cell (541-693-0911). Due to deep snow and tree well danger, we highly recommend NOT skiing off-trail and in the woods today. MANDATORY high clearance vehicles, or you WILL get stuck. ODOT has plowed the road, but narrowing lanes is likely due to winds drifting and expect low visibility at times.
    And another 2’ forecast for next 24 hrs @ temps approaching freezing

Just goy home from skiing.....yesterday.
    Training for Alpental

^^^ That’s what happens when you stop by The Acropolis on the way home…

^^^ That’s what happens when you stop by The Acropolis on the way home…

If he went home with a stripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    Go on…

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    You get stuck in Govy overnight, in your car on the road?

Some times too much of a good thing is not all good.

Amazing what 500' in elevation change gets you in terms of snow fall. About 5" in Bend, and up at my Aunt and Uncle's place on Awbrey Butte was closer to a foot. Was getting high centered and plowing the road with the front bumper there for a bit last night when I went up to assist with snow removal.
    Last edited by Toadman; 01-04-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You get stuck in Govy overnight, in your car on the road?
    Hood River. Was going to do the car thing, but my wife got me a hotel.
    Training for Alpental

Gnar all around. Is it really a lack of plows? I mean, I know there's more snow than usual, but it's not as if such dumps never occur or that we're somehow unaccustomed to deep snowpacsks?

Session; was the Gorge closed all of last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Gnar all around. Is it really a lack of plows? I mean, I know there's more snow than usual, but it's not as if such dumps never occur or that we're somehow unaccustomed to deep snowpacsks?
    Pretty much lack of drivers;

https://centraloregondaily.com/snowp...o-mt-bachelor/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

14 usually goes even if 84 closes down. Surprised session got stuck in HR.

The closure of Meadows today is fairly bogus in my opinion. 26 was closed yesterday and the resort was able to run two lifts. Now with 26 closed again they won't open because the majority of their guests (and workers) come via 26?

Travel up/down the mountain yesterday was no different than during any other blizzard. It was the lowlands that I thought were sketchier. When I left the upper lot at 5 pm yesterday they had front loaders and graders moving snow. It has only snowed 6" since they started clearing the upper lot.

My guess is that mhm thinks that the revenue generated today would not be worth their effort.. I hope they aren't running groomers all over hell and back right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Add that to all hands on deck to address I-84 for interstate traffic puts both 26 and 35 as a lower priority for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    14 usually goes even if 84 closes down. Surprised session got stuck in HR.

The closure of Meadows today is fairly bogus in my opinion. 26 was closed yesterday and the resort was able to run two lifts. Now with 26 closed again they won't open because the majority of their guests (and workers) come via 26?

Travel up/down the mountain yesterday was no different than during any other blizzard. It was the lowlands that I thought were sketchier. When I left the upper lot at 5 pm yesterday they had front loaders and graders moving snow. It has only snowed 6" since they started clearing the upper lot.

My guess is that mhm thinks that the revenue generated today would not be worth their effort.. I hope they aren't running groomers all over hell and back right now.
    I believe WA-14 was closed some of yesterday. So it must've been pretty bad?

Nonetheless, it does seem a bit... off. After all, this is the PNWet where we measure snowpack in feet, not inches. This storm, while big, isn't suffocating. And anyone with 4wd/AWD should be able to make the lot. It takes only a bit of preparation and time to get up to the ski hill. And bring a shovel. And maybe change. None of which is outside the norm for mountain travel here. Perhaps I'm projecting, but is that their employee base is so ill-equipped that they can't make it to the mountain?

Not that I could get away and ski, anyway. But I would be stoked if fellow maggots could get out and get up.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Add that to all hands on deck to address I-84 for interstate traffic puts both 26 and 35 as a lower priority for a few days.
    Fair enough.

I could probably play hooky on Thursday, but Wednesday is out. Assuming Meadows is able to operate tomorrow, think Thursday will be worthwhile? Forecast is for only about 4-8" on Wednesday night, which I'm thinking won't be enough to fill in the massive trenches people are going to leave behind on Wednesday.

Based on the Bachy webcam for Sunrise, that's the money chair to be on today. I mean, where else you going to go?