Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1984
    ^^^ I trust you've been involved in at least one of these matters in your professional career?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^ I trust you've been involved in at least one of these matters in your professional career?
    Thankfully no. Going skiing with you’re kid and due to a tragic accident you’re son dies. As a parent it’s the worst thing I could possibly imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC5E115A-8216-4BFF-AC03-F92D47CC6880.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	609.5 KB 
ID:	423968
    On a lighter note, in Bend on a fire assignment for the past week. The fish tacos at The Lot, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    After suffering this horrific accident I can imagine that the parents found an attorney
    (or an attorney found them) and told them what any grieving parents would want to hear. “Of course it’s not your fault that your 9 yr old sons dead, it’s the resorts fault and they deserve to pay so this won’t ever happen again………” or something to that effect.

I’m usually all for bachelor and meadows opening terrain even in challenging conditions. I skied summit that day, and it should never have been opened. Nothing will bring comfort to that family, and it will be interesting to see the communications between patrol, management and lift ops in deciding to open summit.

That being said, I’m seeing more and more families with young intermediate skiers in areas they have no business being in.

On a heavier note someone went and shot up my local Safeway store last night here in Bend and killed two people, and then apparently shot himself. Co-worker was there when it went down. He's shook up and left earlier today. Not even sure why he came into work this morning. I had just recently started shopping at the local Winco, and hadn't been in that Safeway over the past few months.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I stop at the Shell across the highway a couple of days a week. We don't need this in our town.

I saw that, vibes to Bend…

Do any of the bachy folks know if they are on track to have skyliner up and running this year?I know last winter they announced that was the plan with a new lift coming in 23/24.

Last week the chairs were off the haul line at the top bull wheel.

Bachelor email.
    We plan to operate the existing lift this winter, then say goodbye to old “Sky” as we move forward with the installation of a new Doppelmayr 6-Pack in time for the 2023-24 winter season.

Here's the rest of it.

On mountain we will be adding up to 5 additional positions per day in our pro-patrol department. We received more feedback than ever last season regarding skier and rider conflicts on our runs. While this was largely a result of fewer powder days forcing everyone onto ski runs in pursuit of groomed corduroy, we definitely heard you and will be increasing our patrol presence across the mountain to educate and enforce safe skiing and riding behaviors, especially in our high traffic areas.

We will also be returning to 8:00 a.m. openings for passholders only on Red Chair on Saturdays and holidays, subject to weather constraints. As we did for the 2019-20 winter season, the intention for this is to reward our most loyal customers with some fresh early tracks and to help spread out traffic on Century Drive on our busiest days. Red Chair will continue to operate on a 7 day schedule, opening at 9:00 a.m. Sunday-Friday throughout the core of the season.

Season Pass Pricing

Mt. Bachelor has implemented a new pricing approach for season pass products, which will be followed by a similar change in pricing for many of our ticket products for the upcoming winter season. In simple terms there will now be two prices for these lift access products, a lower priced option that, similar to year’s past, requires you to sign our standard release of liability and a new higher priced option that does not require you to sign a release of liability.

One thumb up for Red Chair spinning for pass holders. Two fingers crossed that Red Chair can spin consistently this winter.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Bachelor email.
    We plan to operate the existing lift this winter, then say goodbye to old “Sky” as we move forward with the installation of a new Doppelmayr 6-Pack in time for the 2023-24 winter season.
    Thanks. Got that email today, too. I guess they’ve heard from a few people. Would love to see that thing spinning for real before buying my pass.

Hope for the best but expect the least @ bachelor. On a + note the upcoming season is leaning towards epic.

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global...tes-europe-fa/

^^^I've known you for what, 10 years? In that time, have you EVER predicted a mediocre or crappy snowpack? :FM:

The thing about the pass pricing for waiver vs no waiver is interesting. Guess the incident at Ski Bowl had an impact
    This change is a result of the current legal landscape in Oregon. In recent years large lawsuits against outdoor recreation providers in Oregon, including many related to the inherent risks of skiing, snowboarding, and mountain biking, have started to significantly threaten the outdoor recreation industry.

Oregon is a state that prides itself on its abundance of outdoor recreation, from hiking, fishing and climbing, to surfing, mountain biking and of course, skiing and snowboarding. There are many people and businesses that support the outdoor lifestyle we cherish and provide employment in the outdoor recreation sector. In 13 out of 14 Western states, liability releases are legally enforceable helping outdoor recreation providers in those states address dangers that are inherent to recreating outdoors. Unfortunately, outdoor recreation providers in Oregon do not have this type of legal protection and are being challenged by rapidly increasing insurance premiums and legal costs. We have already begun to see this impact in the closure of downhill mountain biking at Ski Bowl and there will be more impacts like this until the legal landscape changes. We hope you will begin to hear more about this issue as the outdoor recreation industry engages in an effort to restore legal protections for outdoor recreation providers in Oregon and place us on an equal footing with our nearest neighbors and most other states in the nation.
    Oh yea, the thing about adding patrol to help with conflict in high-traffic areas.
    D'ya think traffic might flow better if the lift in the middle of the fucking resort (and where the racer kids and park rats hang) was operating?

Name:  Screenshot_20220913-090359_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  74.8 KB
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    The thing about the pass pricing for waiver vs no waiver is interesting. Guess the incident at Ski Bowl had an impact

Oh yea, the thing about adding patrol to help with conflict in high-traffic areas.
    D'ya think traffic might flow better if the lift in the middle of the fucking resort (and where the racer kids and park rats hang) was operating?
    I noticed that too. Probably too many agro locals wanting the out of staters to go back home?

^^^I've known you for what, 10 years? In that time, have you EVER predicted a mediocre or crappy snowpack? :FM:
    First measurable snowfall this weekend in the Cascades.
    Last edited by jonesy; 09-13-2022 at 03:53 PM.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I noticed that too. Probably too many agro locals wanting the out of staters to go back home?
    Does yelling at people from the chair to Stop Skiing On MY Snow count as aggro?
    Asking for Jonesy

Name:  Screenshot_20220910-131930_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:	8247DB90-90F1-4971-90DE-C8C12D563FB9.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	517.1 KB 
ID:	426430
    Headed North on a fire assignment and spent the night in Government Camp. Good burger, cold beer and very nice lady behind the bar at Charlie’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post

Name:	8247DB90-90F1-4971-90DE-C8C12D563FB9.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	517.1 KB 
ID:	426430
    Headed North on a fire assignment and spent the night in Government Camp. Good burger, cold beer and very nice lady behind the bar at Charlie’s.
    Charlie’s never disappoints! Glad you had a good time in Govy and come back and ski with us sometime!
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Charlie’s never disappoints! Glad you had a good time in Govy and come back and ski with us sometime!
    Definitely will.

Name:	9DF251BF-78A3-4599-812D-B4B7ECC58851.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	449.8 KB 
ID:	426456
    I chased this storm North from Tahoe to Batch in April. It snowed for four straight days. Best pow days I had all last season.

Best pow days we had too, except for maybe the Xmas Miracle days

Name:  Screenshot_20220917-164827_Mt Bachelor.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  114.7 KB