Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1984
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    figured there was another monoskier in the thread. Got mine mounted up a couple weeks ago . Anyone else mono?Should we have a mono mini ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol does everyone else also have the same user name on that other site? But yea apc.fr is me over there.

Mono mini unquestionably.

Also if anyone wants a go, mono is setup with all demo everything. Red jacket, white helmet, on3ps and/or a monoski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Another nice spring day. Surprisingly small crowds given this Rendevan Extravaganza!
    Speaking of party, these two miscreants were seen whipping down the getback to PMX at Mach looney while swilling beer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51B3D7F6-B228-4F0A-8B11-D55BBF9B883F.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	587.9 KB 
ID:	413902

Back tomorrow for a SCOF Board Meeting

You have probably seen this already, but message issued by nwac about the mhm fatality:

Initial media reports surrounding a fatality within the Mt Hood Meadows Ski Area attributed the fatality to an avalanche incident. Since then, NWAC has spent dozens of staff hours interviewing Patrol, SAR and the Hood River Medical Examiner as well as investigating the incident site. As of 4/19/22, we are unable to conclude whether this was a probable avalanche or a probable snow immersion suffocation (SIS) fatality. In a report that will be released in the next week, we will summarize key information, identify likely timelines and scenarios, and list our remaining questions.

Never skied Mt. Bachelor, few questions:. I see they reduce open terrain in May, typically keep some of the advanced stuff open? Also short hours typically work well with corn cycle? Using USFS topo, possible to find dirtbag car camping within 30 min or the van life folks overrunning everything? Thinking May 13th long weekend. I haven't been to Bend since climbing Smith rock in late 90's. Thanks.

^^ It’s Oregon. Just cover your car with a blue tarp, stay anywhere as long as you want, and nobody will ever bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    ^^ It’s Oregon. Just cover your car with a blue tarp, stay anywhere as long as you want, and nobody will ever bother you.
    Fuck off asshat gaper

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Fuck off asshat gaper
    You’ll get hassled with a two ladder sprinter, but you won’t with a tarp and some 2x4s. He hadn’t been to Bend since the 90s, figured he should know.

No need to be a sensitive bitch

Sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Never skied Mt. Bachelor, few questions:. I see they reduce open terrain in May, typically keep some of the advanced stuff open? Also short hours typically work well with corn cycle? Using USFS topo, possible to find dirtbag car camping within 30 min or the van life folks overrunning everything? Thinking May 13th long weekend. I haven't been to Bend since climbing Smith rock in late 90's. Thanks.
    Gee getting testy in here.

I can’t answer all your questions, but with the recent snow, I think you will be more than happy skiing May 13 weekend.

Have a good trip.

You’ll get hassled with a two ladder sprinter, but you won’t with a tarp and some 2x4s. He hadn’t been to Bend since the 90s, figured he should know.

I think he just wanted you to know that aporophobia is not something we’re all on board with over here. Like all hate-based ideologies, it just screams ignorance, and that’s untenable for a lot of us. Have a good one.

Hope y'all have a great month. Got a stress fracture in my foot.... while.... gardening. Have 4-6 more weeks until the boot comes off. Then maybe a day or two in late may or june.

Skinned up to Super Bowl today, down into azone and Clark. Perfect top to bottom. Cold, Soft and edgeable through the sastrugi up high, I’d call it proto-pow. Fast and fun skiing.

transitioned into proto-corn top of azone. Upper mtn in amazing shape. Not your typical pre-corn cycle conditions on upper mt hood. Git sum!

Name:	IMG_0084.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	414118

What a difference 8 feet of snow can make! It was looking pretty sad last month.

How was Clark? I almost got lured over there yesterday, but the thought of hundreds of barely buried boulders near the waterfall scared me off

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    What a difference 8 feet of snow can make! It was looking pretty sad last month.

How was Clark? I almost got lured over there yesterday, but the thought of hundreds of barely buried boulders near the waterfall scared me off
    8 ft down low, possible 20 ft up top? I probed around 4500ft elevation across the highway earlier this week, 235cm depth!

Great coverage in Clark, no boulders to worry about yet. A little target practice dodging small rocks on the SW aspect of PG ridge in Clark. Rollerballs and small rocks started releasing on that aspect by late morning.

Skied accordion yesterday - great coverage, but deep, heavy snow.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Hope y'all have a great month. Got a stress fracture in my foot.... while.... gardening. Have 4-6 more weeks until the boot comes off. Then maybe a day or two in late may or june.
    Damn it. Extreme gardening. Heal up. I need to get out the Rototiller sometime next month.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Complete bullshit, take you partisan politics to polyass you wanker. You figured he should know your a biased asshole?

Did you know that 2/3 of homeless have mental health issues? And your making it a talking point in your politics, then bringing up outside of polyass. Take a lap beater

In other news… who’s skiing tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    In other news… who’s skiing tomorrow?

Bachelor should corn up pretty quick. Hit me up if you want to take a round on the monoski!

Name:	Image1650766566.025430.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	414151

Quote Originally Posted by skithewest View Post
    Bachelor should corn up pretty quick. Hit me up if you want to take a round on the monoski!

Name:	Image1650766566.025430.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	414151
    Do you counter to the outside on a Mono? Asking for a friend.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Do you counter to the outside on a Mono? Asking for a friend.
    If by that you mean I'm the same guy posting on newschoolers in a white jacket, then yes. Or if you saw me struggling on NW today, also yes.

It's improving lol, gotta stay out of the backseat to get that tail around.

Also after watching a video defining countering, I have no idea. Here's a video from the newschoolers thread:

https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/t...959/Monoskiing

If by that you mean I'm the same guy posting on newschoolers in a white jacket, then yes. Or if you saw me struggling on NW today, also yes.

It's improving lol, gotta stay out of the backseat to get that tail around.

None of the above. I was inquiring about the bio mechanics of turning the board. Upper lower body separation. Sorry TMI.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    None of the above. I was inquiring about the bio mechanics of turning the board. Upper lower body separation. Sorry TMI.
    Nono. Ski terms are not a strong suit.

There's not really a defined technique as far as I can find, more or less figure it out yourself.

It's definitely more friendly to bumps/bump technique/skidding than carving, which I really have not figured out yet. It is really not quick edge to edge.

On what is now day 3, it's basically making the whole run a wiggle line.

Nono. Ski terms are not a strong suit.

There's not really a defined technique as far as I can find, more or less figure it out yourself.

It's definitely more friendly to bumps/bump technique/skidding than carving, which I really have not figured out yet. It is really not quick edge to edge.

On what is now day 3, it's basically making the whole run a wiggle line.

Ok that's good info. More Rotary(steering). Brush turns or edge lock carves I would assume you have to counter your upper body to the outside of the turn or at some point you would get to far inside the turn and lose the edge. I almost would try mono.

Think 1980s feet together

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Think 1980s feet together
    Ja wedeln