Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    so...are we SnowFlow-ing yet?

asking for a friend who's starting to feel like he doesn't remember how to ski anymore
    It's been nearly a year for me. After a hut trip with High Sierra Snowcats last year in February, I hung up the sticks. Hell, we had 80 degrees in March last year, so by that time, I was back on the motorcycles.

I sure hope that isn't the new normal because my dumb ass keeps buying new gear each season in the hopes I'll ski more than 20 days.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    MHM says possibly maybe by chance this weekend it could open...if the stars align and Ullr wakes up from his long nap

It will be a swell opening with 3 lifts on 18"

At this point I'll take anything
    I have happily lapped the ever living fuck out of Easy Rider and Daisy before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	395748
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    It's been nearly a year for me. After a hut trip with High Sierra Snowcats last year in February, I hung up the sticks. Hell, we had 80 degrees in March last year, so by that time, I was back on the motorcycles.

I sure hope that isn't the new normal because my dumb ass keeps buying new gear each season in the hopes I'll ski more than 20 days.
    My mental health goes to shit this time of year. I get up in the morning checking opensnow everyday but the snow always comes eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the light at end of the tunnel next week? Stay tuned to As the Snowflakes fall.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post

At this point, I'll schralp the radgnar of both of those until they turn the lights off. I have some boots that need breaking-in, damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post

So have I, but not usually with 1,000 other sliders
    I can wait until HRM opens and crowds thin...maybe...

Tline SS will be on snow this weekend. That's all I got.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

We are about to get ours, thats for sure
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Any prognosticating on whether Bachelor might open by Sat? My wife and I got four packs this year and if you use a day before the 17th you get a freebie. Going to be down at our place south of Sunriver from Thurs on and trying to figure out what gear to pack (bikes, snowshoes;etc). Haven’t been down in about a month so have no idea what conditions are like right now…

Current conditions
    https://www.mtbachelor.com/the-mount...bcams/mountain

Forecast
    https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...7#.YbDUj4GIbmo

The only good thing I see in all of this is that tourons are likely cancelling their Xmas Break skiing plans so IF it opens next week it won’t be a complete shitshow

WeatherAppGods, did Windy get rid of the snow accumulation numbers?

I see the slider with 12hr, 24hr, 3day, 5day & 10day, but I'm missing the dimensioned accumulations by favorite locations. I'm only seeing the color ranges over the map. Didn't there used to be a flag with the localized predicted totals?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    WeatherAppGods, did Windy get rid of the snow accumulation numbers?

I see the slider with 12hr, 24hr, 3day, 5day & 10day, but I'm missing the dimensioned accumulations by favorite locations. I'm only seeing the color ranges over the map. Didn't there used to be a flag with the localized predicted totals?
    Mine works, try a single click on the map and it will bring up the localized flag you can move over the area.

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    Mine works, try a single click on the map and it will bring up the localized flag you can move over the area.
    ok, working now, thx
    not sure what i was doing

I'm new to the PDX area and looking for some beta on how MHM operates early season. If the forecast holds and MHM gets blasted over the weekend will they open most lifts next week? Hoping to get a mid-week day or two in next week if Ullr wills it.

MHM can usually open on 18-24" base with how good they are at harvesting parking lot snow for the loading areas. It's usually Mt Hood Ex, Daisy and Easy Rider to start out with on lean early season years like this. At close to 3' Stadium and Vista pop. It takes 3.5-4' of base until Hood River and Cascade usually open. Next week there will maybe be 3 or 4 chairs with what the forecast looks like, as of today anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ELski50 View Post
    I'm new to the PDX area and looking for some beta on how MHM operates early season. If the forecast holds and MHM gets blasted over the weekend will they open most lifts next week? Hoping to get a mid-week day or two in next week if Ullr wills it.
    MHM can usually open on 18-24" base with how good they are at harvesting parking lot snow for the loading areas. It's usually Mt Hood Ex, Daisy and Easy Rider to start out with on lean early season years like this. At close to 3' Stadium and Vista pop. It takes 3.5-4' of base until Hood River and Cascade usually open. Next week there will maybe be 3 or 4 chairs with what the forecast looks like, as of today anyway.
    That about sums it up.

I will also forwarn you that along with all the other transplants; MHM will be stacked on weekends - prepare accordingly. Mid-week seems to be far more mellow.

Thanks K2 and Bobcat - sounds like it I'm mostly planning mid-week skiing to avoid crowds on the mountain and HWY 26. If any mags reading this want to carpool from Vancouver (or NE Portland) PM me.

Thanks K2 and Bobcat - sounds like it I'm mostly planning mid-week skiing to avoid crowds on the mountain and HWY 26. If any mags reading this want to carpool from Vancouver (or NE Portland) PM me.
    Mid-week day trips are usually last minute for me. My goal is to rack up quite a few night-skiing excursions. In what part of the 'couv are you?

very low probability Bach opens this weekend. Even with the snow, they need to prep all the ramps, flags, etc.
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Mid-week day trips are usually last minute for me. My goal is to rack up quite a few night-skiing excursions. In what part of the 'couv are you?
    I'm in salmon creek (close to the I5). I'd be up for a night ski now and again. I'll drop you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    very low probability Bach opens this weekend. Even with the snow, they need to prep all the ramps, flags, etc.
    Next seven days looking good though. Not sure about that “possibly mixed with freezing rain” part this weekend but it will probably all get compressed into ice, what with all the new snow following next week.

Name:	C581F0C5-F9D6-4FFC-96A3-F73CFBEFA991.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	759.0 KB 
ID:	395920

I would just add that private reserve and heathers do not open until we have about 70 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first season(08/09) opening day was Daisy and Easy Rider, recent years they have called them "preview days" for some reason.
    Training for Alpental

Bachelor coins it a soft opening.

Jonesy likes soft openings
    You know what to do