Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1984
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Looks nice! How was the river?
    Water was pretty nice, waded a bit to my knees but decided not to jump all the way in.

Not unthinkable right now in a tube with friends, but you'd definitely want a life jacket because the river gets wide and some currents change direction, which can suck you under. Wetsuit would be nice too.

It had a real "ski day" kind of vibe, packing the poles and gliding around in the sun for a few hours. 70 degrees partly cloudy was nice. Would compare it to an intermediate ski run.

I think I'd like to do a longer section though and be out there for like a 6-8 hour span. This route was 12 miles but we really could've kept going for like 18-24 miles.

We were so #blessed because John's parents were willing to shuttle the truck for us. That made it really easy.

The Salem-Keizer section had houses on the east bank and tents/garbage on the west bank. Pristine wildlife starts at the Keizer Rapids and probably goes all the way to Champoeg.

Long views for miles up and down the river. Best to just conserve energy and let it drift you down sideways. We liked to go into the narrow offshoots at the sloughs.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

Nice. Further into Portland the river has been pretty rough with all the rain and tons of debris. I don’t think my wife has been out on our ski boat more than once or twice.

Anyone have the cliff notes on post canyon dr. landowner disputing the historic zoning on his recently purchased parcels?

http://www.gorgecommission.org/image...Bu6DeepHwOptYg

I've heard bits and pieces but am very interested in the entire story. I talked to some guys digging up there and they said that they're "only building a road for logging", which does not appear to be the case.

Palmer and Mile still skiing well. Nice fast groomers in the AM. Lots of space with camp lanes spread all out, and great late morning and early afternoon skiing on the west side corn harvest.
    "Let's be careful out there."

^^
    I wish you hadn’t posted that.
    I’m leaving for a week of windsurfing in Hood River and my car is already overloaded.

One of my best sport days ever, was ripping corn all morning, fallowed by an afternoon session at Doug’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    ^^
    I wish you hadn’t posted that.
    I’m leaving for a week of windsurfing in Hood River and my car is already overloaded.

One of my best sport days ever, was ripping corn all morning, fallowed by an afternoon session at Doug’s.
    If it makes you feel better, the weather seems a little bit unsettled up there this coming week.

Timberline was awesome. So much more snow than my last visit 5 years ago. Magic Mile was good for the kids especially given the white conditions. 97$ for the kiddos is a bit steep but but that's life I guess. Thx again for the helpful beta provided by the denizens of this thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1FA9670-6952-40C4-9E5D-F7CE9483F1C4.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	421243
    that's about as much as we saw of the Hood summit.

Name:	IMG_2870.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	421244

Name:	433161DF-F79F-4695-B54F-4C32FDEB8D9D (2).JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	421246

Name:	1FA3D6F4-8DB7-49FA-A410-E424EC06C77B.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	421247

So much fun! Timberline is so cool. Skied alone my first day and rode up some really cool folks. Did not tour due to vis but thinking of heading back up in the next few weeks.

Trillium campground was a little busy for my tastes. Still Creek was cool, no lake but quiet. The Alpine campground was not open but looks super cool. Anyone care to educate me on what the Sno-park's are. Are those just parking lots / access points for winter activitites?
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 07-11-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Anyone care to educate me on what the Sno-park's are. Are those just parking lots / access points for winter activitites?
    yes
    ODOT plows them & a parking pass is needed in season
    it used to be a shared pass OR/WA, but that ended a few yrs ago

Awesome to see you had a good trip Angle Parking! Great pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Timberline was awesome. So much more snow than my last visit 5 years ago. Magic Mile was good for the kids especially given the white conditions. 97$ for the kiddos is a bit steep but but that's life I guess. Thx again for the helpful beta provided by the denizens of this thread.

Name:	E1FA9670-6952-40C4-9E5D-F7CE9483F1C4.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	421243
    that's about as much as we saw of the Hood summit.

Name:	IMG_2870.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	421244

Name:	433161DF-F79F-4695-B54F-4C32FDEB8D9D (2).JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	421246

Name:	1FA3D6F4-8DB7-49FA-A410-E424EC06C77B.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	421247

So much fun! Timberline is so cool. Skied alone my first day and rode up some really cool folks. Did not tour due to vis but thinking of heading back up in the next few weeks.

Trillium campground was a little busy for my tastes. Still Creek was cool, no lake but quiet. The Alpine campground was not open but looks super cool. Anyone care to educate me on what the Sno-park's are. Are those just parking lots / access points for winter activitites?
    It was 75 bucks 2 years ago. Seriously. Not giving a discount for the kids is pretty despicable if you ask me. Quiet camping in that area is hard to find. Camping on the lower mountain under the chair is ok if you don't mind a little road noise.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OREGON REPRESENT!!
    THIS BI-OTCH JUST MADE THE UNITED STATES NATIONAL SKATEBOARDING TEAM

Congrats!

That’s awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Congrats!
    Hybrid Slalom, Tight Slalom, and Giant Slalom

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    That’s awesome!!
    Showed up to my first ISSA event (International Slalom Skateboarding Association) which was in Salem and happened to be their National Finals.

Friggin crushed so hard I made Team USA! Going on to represent at the World Skate International Finals in Argentina

US Skateboarding is a parent organization to ISSA, so they recognize our scores. US skateboarding sanctions Street, Vert, Downhill, and Slalom.

Lari that is rad as hell! Woot

dang I don’t usually pop into this thread but seeing lots of congrats etc lured me in and adding another congratulations.
    glad you wear a helmet too. it blows my mind when I see skateboarders sans helmet. Can you put a tgr sticker on that helmet? If so, I will send some to you
    skid luxury

Congrats! That’s pretty dang cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Lari that is rad as hell! Woot
    Thanks! I'm still kinda processing it all! But my boss said I could take the time off work to go to World's!

Just gotta figure out some cash money to get some hella legit gear and fly out there to San Jose, Argentina.

I did pretty well on the race organizer's 20 year old janky loaner board Buuuut... Once I got a sick setup like the other racers, I think I could fkn stomp and be very competitive for the podium!

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    dang I don’t usually pop into this thread but seeing lots of congrats etc lured me in and adding another congratulations.
    glad you wear a helmet too. it blows my mind when I see skateboarders sans helmet. Can you put a tgr sticker on that helmet? If so, I will send some to you
    Thanks man!!! Hell I'll put any funny sticker yall want on the helmet if you're willing to send a couple bucks in the envelope lol tax deductible to the nonprofit we fundraise through, memo Lari!

La Costa Racing Team
    Attn: Lari
    2148 Inyo St.
    Los Osos, CA 93402

https://www.lacostaracing.com/donations

In all seriousness, thanks a bunch for the well wishes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Congrats! That’s pretty dang cool!
    I've just been having such good fortune lately!!! Like a butterfly that's spread its wings!!

MHM on IndyPass now?

...not psyched for the additional pressure...

Luckily it's just 2 days at each area

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    MHM on IndyPass now?

...not psyched for the additional pressure...
    Now why would they go and do that?? With that big "switch from epic/ikon" sale they did in the spring, like everyone bought Indy Pass. Gonna be a lot more pressure