Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    I'm wondering if they could use dog sleds to shuttle people between the base of Skyliner to West or Sunshine Village? I mean using a shuttle bus doesn't seem like a good idea based on how jacked up the parking and traffic situation is these days.

Sad to hear Skyliner down for the count. I was truly hoping that a stick of gum, bailing wire and elbow grease could have fixed it. At worst some good old fashioned welding and hammering to get her spinning.

For the ski off, just one simple request; Double front facing and back facing helmet Go Pros to capture the action. Thanks!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Is that your single track on the right Jonesy? Whoever did that one down the middle clearly knows how to carve...
    Thanks. It's the set of tracks in the middle. Got a few tips from the poacher. You meet him last time we skied together. Made laps with dad and he bought beer!
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

A day of fast skiing around movable gates, laughs and wonder at MtB

Jonesy slaying the crust on old Rainbow with his new crud skis. Yes they are red.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0944.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	773.0 KB 
ID:	401168

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	857.0 KB 
ID:	401170

Sorry TFT only railroad track photos are from Jonesy using his Bigfoot filter

People were lining up at 0915 for first tracks on Summit. I think it started spinning about 1130

At about 1045 Jonesy and I boarded Sunrise as singles as we traversed to sustenance at Clearing Rock. I was riding with a threesome of two adults and a young one between them.
    The load did not go well. Kid slid off the chair & into the pit
    Our chair got to about the red mat/target when it stopped.
    Adult next to me (kids grandfather - see below) jumped off.
    I don’t think he was prepared for the landing because he didn’t get up for a while.

Here he is on his walk of shame back to the load area. Lifty Sherpa’d his skis back.

Name:	IMG_0951.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	401171

Remaining guy on the chair said “That is the fourth time this has happened to him and his grandchildren. And it’s always the lifties fault!”

“So this has happened to him four times now? When was the last time?”
    “Last year.”
    “So he comes here once a year and every time the lifties fuck up and dump his grandchild in the pit?”
    “That’s what he said”

So I then generously offered my perspective as someone who is here 75 days a year and volunteers with OAS (whose athletes need lots of help and use that chair a lot), to wit: The source of grandpas problem does not rest with the lift crew - it's that guy he sees in the mirror.
    - that part in the skiers responsibility code about being able to load/ride/unload lifts safely obviously
    needs Improvement.
    - it’s up to the adults to either get the kid’s back-to-chairback, OR ask the liftie for help. They did neither.

I also suggested they get a vest or harness with a handle in the back to yard the kid back onto the seatback. Saves the low back when picking them up after falls too.

And he said “it will be a quiet ride back to Portland if I tell him that”
    "OK"

Jonesy was in the chair behind and had a better seat to the carnage. Hopefully he will add color commentary

The only other time I've loaded a quad chair and the two middle seats ejected in the first 15 sec was NYD 2000. Shooting Star chair at MHM. lady skied into the pit at load, her SO cold-cocked her by swinging his ski into her head, and then jumped off.

K2skier, was SS detachable or fixed grip then? Can’t remember

Snow looks really fun in the top pics, my favorite to ski (since I can’t ski powder, I snowboard it).
    How long have you been with OAS?
    HS buddy named Jeff Newman, an Armada guy, was with them as well. Why do I get the feeling you know Newman?

OAS Since 2013.
    Jeff’s name doesn’t ring a bell - will check photoboard next time I’m in

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OAS Since 2013.
    Jeff’s name doesn’t ring a bell - will check photoboard next time I’m in
    Lived in Bend. Big big mtn biker too.
    Somewhere around here is the OAS beer coozie he hooked my up with.

OAS retired member here.
    Name:  013_13.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  5.7 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

You guys are much appreciated. The smiles you put on these faces are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I'm wondering if they could use dog sleds to shuttle people between the base of Skyliner to West or Sunshine Village? I mean using a shuttle bus doesn't seem like a good idea based on how jacked up the parking and traffic situation is these days.

Sad to hear Skyliner down for the count. I was truly hoping that a stick of gum, bailing wire and elbow grease could have fixed it. At worst some good old fashioned welding and hammering to get her spinning.

For the ski off, just one simple request; Double front facing and back facing helmet Go Pros to capture the action. Thanks!
    I think you’d be better off with a snow machine towing peeps from Sky base back to West Village. Much higher towing capacity than a dog sled.

And thinking about this a little more, they could set up a mini Arctic Man comp - down cliffhanger, get towed back up to top of sky via the parks at speed, then down some combo of Olympian, Coffee, Canyon and T-bird to base

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    OAS retired member here.
    Name:  013_13.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  5.7 KB
    Original gangsters represent!

Name:	6273EFB5-4334-4450-A5AA-658BA1FB0E7C.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	265.2 KB 
ID:	401192
    Notice the sweater accent and boot colorways - Stylin’

This thread delivers.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    A day of fast skiing around movable gates, laughs and wonder at MtB

Jonesy slaying the crust on old Rainbow with his new crud skis. Yes they are red.

Name:	IMG_0944.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	773.0 KB 
ID:	401168

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg 
Size:	857.0 KB 
ID:	401170

Sorry TFT only railroad track photos are from Jonesy using his Bigfoot filter

People were lining up at 0915 for first tracks on Summit. I think it started spinning about 1130

At about 1045 Jonesy and I boarded Sunrise as singles as we traversed to sustenance at Clearing Rock. I was riding with a threesome of two adults and a young one between them.
    The load did not go well. Kid slid off the chair & into the pit
    Our chair got to about the red mat/target when it stopped.
    Adult next to me (kids grandfather - see below) jumped off.
    I don’t think he was prepared for the landing because he didn’t get up for a while.

Here he is on his walk of shame back to the load area. Lifty Sherpa’d his skis back.

Name:	IMG_0951.jpg 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	401171

Remaining guy on the chair said “That is the fourth time this has happened to him and his grandchildren. And it’s always the lifties fault!”

“So this has happened to him four times now? When was the last time?”
    “Last year.”
    “So he comes here once a year and every time the lifties fuck up and dump his grandchild in the pit?”
    “That’s what he said”

So I then generously offered my perspective as someone who is here 75 days a year and volunteers with OAS (whose athletes need lots of help and use that chair a lot), to wit: The source of grandpas problem does not rest with the lift crew - it's that guy he sees in the mirror.
    - that part in the skiers responsibility code about being able to load/ride/unload lifts safely obviously
    needs Improvement.
    - it’s up to the adults to either get the kid’s back-to-chairback, OR ask the liftie for help. They did neither.

I also suggested they get a vest or harness with a handle in the back to yard the kid back onto the seatback. Saves the low back when picking them up after falls too.

And he said “it will be a quiet ride back to Portland if I tell him that”
    "OK"

Jonesy was in the chair behind and had a better seat to the carnage. Hopefully he will add color commentary

The only other time I've loaded a quad chair and the two middle seats ejected in the first 15 sec was NYD 2000. Shooting Star chair at MHM. lady skied into the pit at load, her SO cold-cocked her by swinging his ski into her head, and then jumped off.

K2skier, was SS detachable or fixed grip then? Can’t remember
    In 2000 it was fixed grip. IIRC it was mid 2000's when Poma upgraded the old CTEC to detachable
    Correction-Between 1997 and 1999 it was upgraded to detachable
    Last edited by k2skier112; 01-15-2022 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Correction

Glad Summit is open

Name:	Image1642271486.904386.jpg 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	401228
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Spring like conditions. Good for cardio and rehab work.

Knee is coming along. Lungs need work.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Gorgeous day ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Spring like conditions. Good for cardio and rehab work.

Knee is coming along. Lungs need work.

Atta boy, glad to hear the knee is improving

Yesterday was a gorgeous off piste perfect corn popping….. in January. So.much.fun.

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

MHM pros, what is the name of this bowl?
    Is it Accordion? Or does Accordion face Clark Cyn?
    The trail map is not particularly helpful: Hinterlands? or Accordion? Or something else?

Name:	Image1642376883.560132.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	401401

Name:	Image1642377097.550928.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	451.9 KB 
ID:	401402

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    MHM pros, what is the name of this bowl?
    Is it Accordion? Or does Accordion face Clark Cyn?
    The trail map is not particularly helpful: Hinterlands? or Accordion? Or something else?
    Definitely not a pro, but everyone I've skied with at MHM calls that accordion.

I'm pretty sure you can reach lower Hinterlands if you drop into Heather from the top of star.

Tho I've never called anything above "accordion" anything other than clark.

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

That’s what i figured, thx
    It def cliffs out on the Clark side where the rock band is, but wasn’t sure about further up the slope where you can still ski back to Clark

Did a lot of scratching around, and found my happy place. Elevator was skiing really well after about 10.
    Training for Alpental

Anybody wants to stretch their legs from T-line lot to a bit above palmer tomorrow? I'll probably start in the lot around 8 or 830, pm me if interested.

The waterfall just around the corner up canyon from that rockband is buried. Guessing the debris from that slide that ran down Clark earlier this season helped fill it in. Crossing near the falls today I could hear water pounding under the snow and see some seriously spooky cracks.

Just below the bench where you took that pic, the debris made some really impressive scour marks where it rode up the canyon walls.

Felt really good to get back into azone, sliver, and Clark for the first time this season.

Name:	KIMG1868~2.jpg 
Size:	759.9 KB 
ID:	401446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1862~2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	717.9 KB 
ID:	401447

Still some fresh out there

Name:	Image1642426214.524697.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	401463
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    That’s what i figured, thx
    It def cliffs out on the Clark side where the rock band is, but wasn’t sure about further up the slope where you can still ski back to Clark

I think of anything left of the waterfall as accordion.

Repost cause it’s my best skiing, lookers right from up top:

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums