Volkl BMT 109 mount question

I have a pair of BMT 109s mounted with G3 Ions. I don't get them into the backcountry often enough so considering quiver killing them and swapping between the Ions and a set of Griffons I have. Any ideas on whether I'm going to run into overlap issues with two sets of quiver killer holes and/or anything else to worry about with the mount?
    JimmyCarter:

I was a MA high school "racer"... Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit.

:Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by mtb View Post
    I have a pair of BMT 109s mounted with G3 Ions. I don't get them into the backcountry often enough so considering quiver killing them and swapping between the Ions and a set of Griffons I have. Any ideas on whether I'm going to run into overlap issues with two sets of quiver killer holes and/or anything else to worry about with the mount?
    Just buy a pair of Katana 108's and put the Griffons on them.

What length BMTs? Want to sell?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

provided these templates are correct, it seems like you have to slightly mount the Griffon heels a bit forward, and adjust them back to your BSL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-11-07 kl. 21.03.59.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	391920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-11-07 kl. 21.05.32.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	391921
    top tip: overlay the templates in powerpoint. Adjust the translucency if one covers the other.

@kid-kapow - thanks for the info! @I-ve-seen-black-diamonds! - they're 186s, not for sale right now but they might be if I don't ski them much this season.
    JimmyCarter:

I was a MA high school "racer"... Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit.

:Priceless

I assumed the bboot sole length (BSL) was the same for both pairs. If you are going to use different boot then the resort boots usually have a longer BSL - but again, that seems like something that can easily be worked around wrt to mounting the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Just buy a pair of Katana 108's and put the Griffons on them.
    This. Please don’t Swiss cheese those skis with griffons! The bmt109s might be my favorite pair of skis at this point but I don’t see the appeal of skiing them inbounds. Katana 108s or m-free 108s sound fun though.

Or get a cheap pair of 100eights for inbounds

Thread highjack:
    My buddy has a new pair of BMT 109 (this season I think, black and green) and ordered a pair of Salomon MTN tech bindings to mount not realizing the “H” shaped mounting zone on the BMT doesn’t line up with the MTN (the bindings are too narrow in the heel pattern I believe).

Anyone actually run BMT + MTN? Or is it asking for trouble. If so what are his binding options. He’s a bigger dude like 6’2” 190-195lbs but is a smooth skier and doesn’t jump, especially touring.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Thread highjack:
    My buddy has a new pair of BMT 109 (this season I think, black and green) and ordered a pair of Salomon MTN tech bindings to mount not realizing the “H” shaped mounting zone on the BMT doesn’t line up with the MTN (the bindings are too narrow in the heel pattern I believe).

Anyone actually run BMT + MTN? Or is it asking for trouble. If so what are his binding options. He’s a bigger dude like 6’2” 190-195lbs but is a smooth skier and doesn’t jump, especially touring.
    This topic has been beat to death, but to keep it simple, the mount zone doesn't matter. Use a lot of high quality slow cure epoxy (gflex or similar) and let them dry upside down.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

BMTs + MTNs are fine.

Also OP, if you want to get rid of those BMTs, PM me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums