Anyone here ever sell a car to Carvana?

Anyone here ever sell a car to Carvana? Curious what your experience was like, whether they stood by their offer, paid promptly, etc.

I'm considering, again, whether to sell my Lexus while used car pricing is still high. (Previously traded some PMs with some possibly interested mags, so will get back to you if I do decide to sell.). Would just drive the truck for awhile, wait for car pricing to return to normal, and buy something else then.

I punched in the details to Carvana's site, and their offer is decent. Edmunds gives a few thousand higher for a private party sale, but it's in the range anyway.

It's a 2011 IS 350 AWD, around 63K miles, in excellent shape. I'll put up a sale posting if I decide to sell it, see if anyone here wants it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

From what I have read on the internet selling is a breeze. They barely even look at the car before paying you and taking it away. You might imagine what kind of buying experiences this leads to however...

Is it carvana or carmax that’s Bobby stupids grandma who buys the cars with sawdust in the transmission?

Why not do the private party for a few grand higher? We just did a private party sale and it took like 15 minutes.

They're offering just over MSRP on a trade in of my 2018 gti. Bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Why not do the private party for a few grand higher? We just did a private party sale and it took like 15 minutes.
    I probably would try that route first.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I clicked the first link. It took a bunch of bitching to get me the title 6 weeks after I bought the car, but that Audi dealership sucked all the way around. As a buyer, 1st question; "is title in hand"?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

My buddy sold his truck to Carmax but they offered way less then their original offer when the truck appeared to pick it up. He refused. The he sold it to caravana. The 19 F150 went for $51,900 which is what they had offered. He sent both the same set of pictures before hand.

Anyone here ever sell a car to Carvana?

My buddy just sold his father’s car (recently passed away) on Carvana…..he was totally impressed with how flawless the whole ordeal went. They handed him a check for more than what he was trying to sell locally……He said he would definitely use them again.

We both joked how we thought it was a scam because how easy it was and the check was fake…..but surprisingly it’s for real. He was impressed…..(and he’s a hardass/real estate prick)

We sold a 2013 Porsche Panamera to Carvana about a month ago. It couldn't have been easier. The person who picked it up said the quoted price is the price they pay - no reducing the offer once they see it. "If it starts we take it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    We sold a 2013 Porsche Panamera to Carvana about a month ago. It couldn't have been easier. The person who picked it up said the quoted price is the price they pay - no reducing the offer once they see it. "If it starts we take it."
    Ditto. No hassles. Had the check for the online quote in 15 minutes. $2k over the next closest quote.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I sold a 2020 Ford Fusion to Carmax for a great price.. Thousands more $ than I paid for it last April... because it was much less of a drive to reach a Carmax store compared to the Carvana store location .But the Carvana quote was slightly higher than the Carmax quote.....Very easy process..
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

We had grampa's Kia Soul sold on Carvana last year. They were giving us $9,500 IIRC. I sold it on CL for $8,800. Carvana wanted us to take it to Sacramento, from Portland...fuck that. Other than that, Carvana was easy and a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    We sold a 2013 Porsche Panamera to Carvana about a month ago...
    Oh man I remember when you got that thing, I hope it was good.

Carvana kinda sounds like the Zillow of used-car-buying companies.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Oh man I remember when you got that thing, I hope it was good.
    It was a great car when it was good, but a bit of a lemon at times, too. Porsche replaced the entire wiring harness at one point because it had issues that they couldn't figure out. We got it when we were still full-time living in Jackson, but then brought it to Palo Alto. I didn't dare take it back to Wyoming, 'cuz I didn't trust it to not break.

I loved that thing when it was running right, though. It had an amazing exhaust note. I could recognize the sound of that car starting up from 1/4 mile away.

Mrs. Suit got a 911 about three years ago. We were going to trade the Panamera, but the dealer (who had done all the service) only offered us something in the $teens. We said "fuck that, we'll just keep it." Three years later Carvana gave us $41K. So we made $20K by driving it for three extra years. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Lol