Help with an iPhone picture thing

My girlfriend goes out to Capitol Reef and around with old friends. She just informs me that one of friends wants 20x30 sort of size out of iPhone picture emailed that is a small jpeg, 480x something or other pixels, 72dpi, you know, small. I say I need bigger (haha, yeah, funny), and she says that's it. I really don't want to let this be a wedge, so, I need advice, cause these people are just, like, "print it". It really looks like shit on anything bigger than 5x7. So, I'm not an iPhone user, I'm Pixel 2, so I don't know. Is there a larger file on the actual phone and this is just a compression? A phone that's 500 miles away? Is there something in the cloud?

I have a 17 inch printer, so, 17x22 is max. No way this should go there.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Hold on, Bunny haz a girlfriend? Huh
    crab in my shoe mouth

If it was emailed, iphone's mail program asks what size to send attachment. She should have said "actual size" to get the biggest. That size varies with which iphone it came from (based on the quality of camera that iteration of phone has).

for reference, 20" x 30" at 300dpi minimum for printing images well
    you need an image measuring 6,000 pixels x 9,000 pixels

you can get away with 150dpi, but it doesn't look crisp: 3,500 x 4,500

or on your printer:
    5,100 x 6,600 minimum for best
    2,550 x 3,300 minimum for mediocre

Yeah, I know what's required. But this ain't it. I just got second hand she sent actual size. But, I'm dealing with technical cretins here, at least as photos are concerned.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Help with an iPhone picture thing

Yea, I’m calling bs that the largest size of the image is 480xsomething. Unless she has an original iphone. lol

Here are two screenshots I just took uploading the same image to TGR and attaching to email. Taken with an iphone 10xs for reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636068069.396430.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	391605

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636068078.059995.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	391606

Ask again for the full size, and of course, let us know how it goes.

Have the friend resend the original to your phone. Ask her to choose “actual size” when she does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, I know what's required. But this ain't it. I just got second hand she sent actual size. But, I'm dealing with technical cretins here, at least as photos are concerned.
    what version iPhone dude.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

People with iPhones are the worst at sharing pictures at full size, ime. They will text photos and videos, not realizing that for non iphone users, they come through in shitty quality. And when I ask for them to email the full size version, it's hit or miss whether I get the full size version.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

I hate texting, absolutely hate it, but sometimes I'm forced into it. What's insult to injury is when I phone users "like" a text. Then I get another fucking text telling me that they liked or hearted or some shit my text. Wrong thread, I know, but the hate is real. They just assume that logic based devices have this "feature".
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat