Light to midweight boot recs

It's been a while since I've bought a proper pair of hiking boots having gotten by mostly on beater athletic shoes for a few years. Looking for something in the lightweight to medium weight category with decent ankle support (both my ankles are pretty prone to rolling if I'm not careful.) They don't need to be crazy burly since they'll be used mostly for day hikes and camping, but I'd like them to be suitable for a couple of days out on the trail in a row should the mood strike me. Breathable water proofing is a nice-to-have but not a must.

One big note: I really can't stand the look of most hikers. To me they feel like their designs were lifted straight out of 1994 - way chunky and way over-patterned. See: most of the offerings from mainstays like Keen, Merrell, etc. The current leading candidates that suit my tastes are the Salomon Predict Hike Mid Gore-Tex on the lightweight side, and the Danner Trail 2650 Mid GTX on the midweight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l41461000_xnhxsujp7jll1gpj.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	391588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61249_P.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	638.7 KB 
ID:	391589

Any other recommendations or general thoughts on where else to look?

I use Salomon X-Ultra Mid height boots. They're great. Like gore-tex basketball shoes.

Avoid Danner - they look cool but the quality isn’t there anymore.

Im a fan of Hoka’s offerings.

I avoid goretex footwear personally. My feet sweat too much, gtx shoes get stinky. And you end up wearing through the gtx liner at some point… if it’s wet enough to soak a shoe I prefer my xtratufs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Nice info