Page 35 of 129 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Attachment 400517

Mad props to Buttah & crew for some wicked good tunes on old AF skis. Only have single day this year on newer skis, but these did just fine yesterday.
    Great photo!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Last winter I had the "stubborn 7" at my snow stake. That 7 inches rarely rose or declined until late March. This year seems to be starting the same way, but instead of the 7 we have the "Fuck you 4". Only having 4" sucks for doing much of anything. The neighborhood nordic trails my neighbors and I have built is really only good for fat biking. Which is better than nothing I suppose.

Name:  1-10-21.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  147.7 KB

Name:  1-10-22.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  120.5 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Last winter I had the "stubborn 7" at my snow stake. That 7 inches rarely rose or declined until late March. This year seems to be starting the same way, but instead of the 7 we have the "Fuck you 4". Only having 4" sucks for doing much of anything. The neighborhood nordic trails my neighbors and I have built is really only good for fat biking. Which is better than nothing I suppose.

Name:  1-10-21.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  147.7 KB

Name:  1-10-22.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  120.5 KB
    I ain't saying a word.

Jay was real nice on Saturday; best day of the season thus far. Think the 7" they reported from the Friday storm was close to accurate, but it skied deeper than that if you knew where to look. Thermometer showin' -7 when we pulled in to the lot, but that bluebird sky and sunshine made for an awesome day despite the cold.

Sunday was a different story - all upper mountain lifts closed for wind so we toured up; made it to the top of the Bonnie but had to bail from there. Wind gusts ~70mph nearly blew me straight off the mountain, sugar snow comin' in sideways should help the woods fill in a bit more.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    You know if you claimed that was new-age, technology created art it would sell for tens of thousands........
    Much more if you can get Hunter's broker to sell it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    @cat in january nice work!
    Cannon cleared up yesterday for some big views.
    Wind hold today.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

a sight for sore eyes!

did the night shift saturday, arrived past 6 expecting relative ghost town. coldest night so far and place was packed.

even got a bonus ride up a few minutes after 10...props to the lifties who recognize dedication when they see it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA9076F6-225B-40E2-8412-FD133BF97D02.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	633.3 KB 
ID:	400582

I was flipping through my 2001 edition of Goodman's book and was reminded how Bolton, MRG, etc. used to sell single-ride lift tickets to access the high country. Does anyone know of any resorts that still sell single ride tickets?

Stowe used to sell single ride tix when there were parallel double and single chairs where the Forerunner now sits. Doesn't answer your question, just a random addition to the list. Note the time of your post....

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Stowe used to sell single ride tix when there were parallel double and single chairs where the Forerunner now sits. Doesn't answer your question, just a random addition to the list. Note the time of your post....

Name:	GloryDaysE.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	400590

Like way back when?????

[Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA9076F6-225B-40E2-8412-FD133BF97D02.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	633.3 KB 
ID:	400582[/QUOTE]

In the Berkshire Honey Hole! at 10:21 no less! Looking at what used to be the terminus of the upper T-bar right in front of you.
    I've been told VVGG passholders get a discount at jiminy - gonna need to look into this some more.

yea, check for deals. trail counts are on the rise.
    wow that t-bar must've been tricky/steep.

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/...ldcat-nh-vail/

wow, what a week.
    has riding the chair officially become more hazardous than exploring the BC? (with the former, skills are little help)

someone is deleting anti-jeff with a G posts

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Energy View Post
    Interesting 1st post

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    yea, check for deals. trail counts are on the rise.
    wow that t-bar must've been tricky/steep.
    https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/...ldcat-nh-vail/
    wow, what a week.
    has riding the chair officially become more hazardous than exploring the BC? (with the former, skills are little help)
    "The chair was unproperly loaded". English majors working for Unofficial Networks now?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    "The chair was unproperly loaded". English majors working for Unofficial Networks now?
    UN probably steals their text the same way they do images. You don’t have to be an English major to post on facebook, in fact Russian is preferable.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Hell, I'm unproperly loaded most of the time and I still can kinda sorta navigate life. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I was flipping through my 2001 edition of Goodman's book and was reminded how Bolton, MRG, etc. used to sell single-ride lift tickets to access the high country. Does anyone know of any resorts that still sell single ride tickets?
    Does Smuggs still do the no charge for the first half hour of operation? Or was it, if you ski the first hour and don’t like the conditions you get your money back? I know they had some weird deal that we would milk for AM side country and then cross over to Stowe or go Ice Climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Does Smuggs still do the no charge for the first half hour of operation? Or was it, if you ski the first hour and don’t like the conditions you get your money back? I know they had some weird deal that we would milk for AM side country and then cross over to Stowe or go Ice Climbing.
    Years ago, Sunday River did the same--first hour free so you can verify conditions are worth it. That went away years ago, I assume between people gaming the system (and making sure they were at lifts with minimal ticket checking by the cutoff) and the lawyers wanting the inherent-danger boilerplate attached to each person on the hill.

They had a refund within an hour guarantee for a while, not sure what the current deal is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Years ago, Sunday River did the same--first hour free so you can verify conditions are worth it. That went away years ago, I assume between people gaming the system (and making sure they were at lifts with minimal ticket checking by the cutoff) and the lawyers wanting the inherent-danger boilerplate attached to each person on the hill.

They had a refund within an hour guarantee for a while, not sure what the current deal is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Wildcat used to do that too. They also used to
    charge I think it was $10 or something for a lift-ticket single ride to the summit to access the Wildcat Valley Trail, but I assume that went out the window when Vail took over... probably even before with Peaks.
    In search of some powder.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVE2SKI View Post
    Wildcat used to do that too. They also used to
    charge I think it was $10 or something for a lift-ticket single ride to the summit to access the Wildcat Valley Trail, but I assume that went out the window when Vail took over... probably even before with Peaks.
    I've done it within the past 5 years to access the Wildcat Valley Trail.
    Hope that hasn't gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Bolton sells a one ride ticket for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Energy View Post

Sometimes you choose kindness to maintain the stoke.

Scottski and I had a great day at Plattekill Friday after 5" overnight and snow throughout the day...

Scott was first

The Double Waits...

...but we didn't

Story on NYSB.

Got my first Indy day of the year in last Friday at Pats. Place is fun for a few hours. Worth a few laps for sure...though does not quite scratch the itch. Ventured to Bolton Sunday, hoping that my eyes were playing tricks on me and it wasn't 24° and raining. AMAZING how many people were booting up in the rain and going to enjoy it. Kudos to anyone to did, because I did not! Serious diehards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

Name:	GloryDaysE.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	400590

Like way back when?????
    I had that same CB shell.