Page 27 of 129 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bleak spot was sitting here for five minutes hoping the lift would start soon.
    The two women I was riding with talked about the Stowe evac that took two hours and people having passes pulled for jumping off. They both thought they could jump if it took too long, 20' to 20º hardpack ,please don't as I don't want to listen to your screaming when you break. One also said that she would take her ski boots off before leaping.
    Wot? Haven't heard of a lift evac there since 2010ish?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Wot? Haven't heard of a lift evac there since 2010ish?
    They were on a long, strange trip?

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^hey aldo and good to see you out too. and admiring the spaldings. my first skis were spalding formidables .mounted and should get em out on em. for 1 run. ;0]
    pics don't do justice but there was some seriously great top to bottom bumps and corn.

^^ 2nd mate: you have same??
    191. favorite ski for all conditions. (except maybe the Pows on woods days)
    they were a happy ski last night.
    Yep. Still running a pair as a daily ski.

I commented to Pat about 10 years ago how much I loved the OG tops I saw him selling in a blem sale. Fucking guy shoots me an email telling me he will make me a pair for half price🤙. Have some minty 186 with Dynafit for touring(2nd pair). Mounting an mvp now as a possible replacement 🤷🏻♂️
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Stowe patrol is starting to enforce skinning rules. I drove down this am to get some exercise and didn’t realize they had to wait for the freeze to groom. I went up and down chinclip (closed so far this season) and a patroller followed me to my car to remind me of the rules. He was stern but also almost apologetic, I was totally in the wrong but he was pretty cool about it. His main point was that if people don’t follow the rules they will (try to) shut it all down.

Just a heads up to anyone who is getting out for some fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Stowe patrol is starting to enforce skinning rules. I drove down this am to get some exercise and didn’t realize they had to wait for the freeze to groom. I went up and down chinclip (closed so far this season) and a patroller followed me to my car to remind me of the rules. He was stern but also almost apologetic, I was totally in the wrong but he was pretty cool about it. His main point was that if people don’t follow the rules they will (try to) shut it all down.

Fair enough. This week, the past few years, has been busy with all the people using their new Xmas gear. Spent about 3 hours this weekend nordicking with my kids and walking the notch road to ice climb, and saw close to 100 people skinning the road.

New out here; what are the resort skinning policies like? I have an Ikon, but lots of places out west want $50 for an uphill access pass either way (which I'm not opposed to paying at a place if they're lenient, let you skin all day, etc.).

Each resort has a different set of rules, usually listed on their website. Stowe has Nosedive open to skinning from midnight-7:30, Perry merrill open for skinning 4:30-midnight. The patroller told me to call the number they have set up for trail updates as that is the most current. 253-3960 (also listed on their website)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanL View Post
    New out here; what are the resort skinning policies like? I have an Ikon, but lots of places out west want $50 for an uphill access pass either way (which I'm not opposed to paying at a place if they're lenient, let you skin all day, etc.).
    Magic promotes uphill. No ticket needed. All day every day when the mountain has more than the WROD open (such as now). The snow report on the website will tell you if uphill is allowed. Closed Mon-Tue-Wed so that's a free-for-all. I'll be starting my fitness laps today.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I'll be starting my fitness laps today.
    Early reports are that its a crampon and 3 degree side bevel day.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27A4129A-4341-4AEB-8D80-2D828CCA252C.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	727.6 KB 
ID:	399520
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Yep. Still running a pair as a daily ski.

I commented to Pat about 10 years ago how much I loved the OG tops I saw him selling in a blem sale. Fucking guy shoots me an email telling me he will make me a pair for half price��. Have some minty 186 with Dynafit for touring(2nd pair). Mounting an mvp now as a possible replacement ����♂️
    nice. i've skiied neary every run on mine since i repaired a huge section of missing base (previous owner was a prolific patch skiier/tester-abuser).
    nice that pat hooked you up!
    he sent me enough base mat'l to do another patch but 3 years in repair hasn't budged.
    favorite ski ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Parking and traffic are such issues.
    Charge for parking and use the money for frequent free buses.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Cool, thank you, I'll check those out and get ready to skid.

Sugarloaf tickets select Saturdays $68, Sundays $58. Less for youths

https://www.bangorparksandrec.com/in...rogramID=28826

We’ve been patiently waiting at Smuggs for uphill travel. Current policy is that it’s typically closed.

I have opinions (and an asshole) and mtn ops seem to be having a new schedule, that’s cool, I get it. cats and skinners need to coexist. But maybe we can’t have our cake and eat it too. Which sucks. I eat a lot of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Early reports are that its a crampon and 3 degree side bevel day.
    Makes me a better skier. After this, real snow will be a breeze

Has anyone gone up the Mt Ellen uphill route? Wondering if there is enough coverage to skin up.

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Hey mags, anyone around Portland, or who can realistically drive to Portland, want a brand new sectional? It’s BIG. I bought it for 1500 at Chapter 11 in Lewiston yesterday, came today, wife hates it so much she just wants it gone. You’ll either need a legit Uhaul type thing or else a couple trips with a big pickup. It’s gray fabric, charcoal pleather base. Comes with some pillows. Roughly 11’ on the long end, 7’ the other end, L shaped with a chaise. Its nothing great but it’s brand new and free if you come get it! Bring a friend, I fuckin don’t wanna carry one piece of this thing. DM if you’re interested / want pics or more precise measurements / whatever

oh yeah I live in Maine now, ahoy! see you fuckers around

Has anyone gone up the Mt Ellen uphill route? Wondering if there is enough coverage to skin up.

I did after the snow a couple weeks ago. It was covered then but was especially thin down low. There was also a fair amount of ice/draining water at the bottom of Lower FIS that’s probably all ice now.

I was at SB yesterday and everything’s still covered, it’s just crusty.

Cool, thanks for the beta. My wife wants to take a friend skinning for the first time and they want something mellow and open during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Hey mags, anyone around Portland, or who can realistically drive to Portland, want a brand new sectional? It’s BIG. I bought it for 1500 at Chapter 11 in Lewiston yesterday, came today, wife hates it so much she just wants it gone. You’ll either need a legit Uhaul type thing or else a couple trips with a big pickup. It’s gray fabric, charcoal pleather base. Comes with some pillows. Roughly 11’ on the long end, 7’ the other end, L shaped with a chaise. Its nothing great but it’s brand new and free if you come get it! Bring a friend, I fuckin don’t wanna carry one piece of this thing. DM if you’re interested / want pics or more precise measurements / whatever

Fuck you live in Maine now. Summers are great

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Summers are great
    but we are about to get our six weeks!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Hey mags, anyone around Portland, or who can realistically drive to Portland, want a brand new sectional? It’s BIG. I bought it for 1500 at Chapter 11 in Lewiston yesterday, came today, wife hates it so much she just wants it gone. You’ll either need a legit Uhaul type thing or else a couple trips with a big pickup. It’s gray fabric, charcoal pleather base. Comes with some pillows. Roughly 11’ on the long end, 7’ the other end,
    Judging by the I Love My Wife and All thread I would think you'd need a separate truck just for all the pillows.

Would you be willing to ship to Vancouver?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Email from a friend Saturday evening:

"We spent the last couple days skinning at Mt Ellen. The uptrack is reminiscent of the Beast [Berkshire East] uptrack [abandoned grown-in snowmobile trail connected to the main mtn via trails I cut] prior to the new trails - wraps around the south side into Slide Brook and near Lower FIS. You get to cross Les’s Folly (my term) - the chair linking Bush N and S. It’s mostly in the woods which is a plus. Def improves the selection (n now = 3? Midd, Bolton, Ellen) of resort skinning during operating hours in Central VT. "
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series