Page 29 of 129 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    BUT HE IS THE BEST SKIER ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!
    Is that the pole strap guy.
    I was lucky enough and blessed enough to spend 3 days with Brant Moles and he never said anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Who was that instructor?
    I tried to listen to his instructions but I feel dumber and need to lay down.
    See also…

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

That’s a soup stain on his jacket, amirite? Perhaps a Bisque of some sort.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    That’s a soup stain on his jacket, amirite? Perhaps a Bisque of some sort.
    Hey Buttah
    Hope you’re well

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Is that the pole strap guy.
    I was lucky enough and blessed enough to spend 3 days with Brant Moles and he never said anything like that.
    Well, Brant is CLEARLY not the best skier on the mountain then.

I’m not quite sure how to incorporate this new technique into my dolphin turns.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    ^^^^right?????

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    And no discussion of proper edge bevel. I am so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Discussion of a chair falling off the haul rope at a certain (beloved) VT area verboten here? If it had happened at any other area I am certain there would be pages devoted to the topic...kind of incredible (although not entirely surprising).
    Everything that can be said has already been said -- see below, from the 2015-16 discussion thread, which still applies today, even with new ownership and management.
    (Except unfortunately for uphill access, which has been significantly curtailed, and now is much worse than the nearby competition.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    So when you hire a roofer and later have a leak, it’s you that fucked up? Even when the code enforcement officer inspects the roof?
    When you wait until late November to replace the haul rope, only to discover other major issues that could have been discovered earlier ... actually, I'm willing to forgive all that.
    Ditto for the fourth season of Black attempted installation -- hey, the Green Chair took 16 years, so these things can't be rushed.
    As for the state inspection, well, that's not Magic's problem.
    But after sorting through the Alpine Zone discussion (sadly no hot Italian babes at Magic, still only at Killington), the one thing that everyone agrees upon, is that although Red was promptly shut down Wednesday afternoon after the surging speeds and then offloaded at one-quarter impulse power, on Thursday afternoon, when the same problem returned, causing loaded chairs to bounce up & down, and returning chairs to swing violently around the bullwheel, the lift continued to run at the same surging speeds, for some number of minutes, visible to the summit lift op and patrol, even visible from the parking lot, until finally one returning chair swung violently enough to crash into a tower and detach.

[originally posted on November 4 of 2015]
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...28#post4587328
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    Half the fun of Magic is the left field risk. I mean would you really like skiing there if you didn't get that same feeling of "oh my god we made it!" after unloading the black chair? Would it be the same if you were truly confident your car won't get stolen? Isn't it a bit of a thrill to jump on that section of the bar?

If you want heat in the lodge, liability insurance, pads on the towers, and two working chairlifts, I know of some great places nearby.

But if you want the world's greatest uphill ski policy, a customer base that gets pumped about a coat of paint, and endless management decision entertainment, put on a jacket, up your life insurance policy, lock your car and stay right here.

Fuck if Magic was well run it would look like Stratton and Bromley. The great irony is that years of mismanagement has actually given us what we want.
    I'm just saying Magic is a throwback. Whether it be auto theft or a full blown gladezzz epidemic you have to be ready for things that don't really happen as much in 2015, that's part of the charm.

You are correct, not every customer takes the appropriate precautions, but Magic was created before lawsuits ruined skiing, it's on the customers to figure out how to deal with all obstacles thrown their way.
    I'm literally laughing here about the fact that auto-theft at Magic is associated with its throwback status. To me that whole thing has much more to do with the fact that the place is just its own bizarre little scene than with it being a throwback--but as you note it should simply be viewed as part of its inimitable charm. You're not getting any of this shit (for better or worse) at the Hermitage Club.

Carly talking about the time that someone from Magic stole her father's car is priceless...'Magic: Steeped in heroin abuse.'
    You just don't get those important life lessons at Stratton.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    When you wait until late November to replace the haul rope, only to discover other major issues that could have been discovered earlier ... actually, I'm willing to forgive all that.
    Do you really think Magic ‘waited’ until November or thats the first chance that Pfister was willing to come out and work on it?

Do you really think Magic ‘waited’ until November or thats the first chance that Pfister was willing to come out and work on it?
    STOP BRINGING REASON TO THIS DISCUSSION!!!!!!!!

I am so confused.
    I think this will help you achieve Total Control Dolphin Turns* when the woods aren’t in.

*trademark pending

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NInU2kXYu5c

Magic is an awesome place; not because of the terrain, affordability and vibe, but because everyone on the internet says so. Which is why no one even goes to Stratton, Bromley, or Okemo when they're in the area nowadays. Pack it up other hills, you are fucking fired.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Whatever the situation might be (especially for a lift that old that is more prone to all sorts of problems), as I wrote, I'm willing to forgive that.

Plus either way, pales in comparison to continuing to run the lift at full speed on Thursday afternoon, especially given that not only was the surging causing very alarming problems, but the same surging had occurred the prior afternoon, so would have thought that such a potential recurrence would have been monitoring more carefully (not that careful monitoring was necessary to notice something like that, especially for the summit lift op, with unloaded chairs swinging violently around the bullwheel).
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

I love Magic but I have to admit the repeated problems with the lifts are concerning. I haven't seen an update. Whats the prognosis? Any chance the quad will finally come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I love Magic but I have to admit the repeated problems with the lifts are concerning.
    I think we can all agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I love Magic but I have to admit the repeated problems with the lifts are concerning. I haven't seen an update. Whats the prognosis? Any chance the quad will finally come into play?
    My (admittedly questionable, but maybe no worse than any other) sources make it seem unlikely. The lift situation does seem to be even more of a shitshow than in previous years, and at some point it just seems necessary to acknowledge that there are reasons (beyond bad luck) for what's happening. I very much hope everything works out but don't see much reason for optimism. Of course, a few fixes to Red and a little good luck with weather and it all turns completely around, so let's see. Fingers crossed, asking Ullr, posting photos of gazongas, etc.
    [quote][//quote]

.......The lift situation does seem to be even more of a shitshow than in previous years, and at some point it just seems necessary to acknowledge that there are reasons (beyond bad luck) for what's happening..

did you come here to say something or just equivocate ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    did you come here to say something or just equivocate ad nauseum.
    Dictionary.com for equivocate. Laps.
    [quote][//quote]

jesus you're dumb.

"ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyifcNf5NJY

Clear, concise tips from our resident ECRC expert.
    I wonder if he thinks dirty ski wear performs better.

He likes the sound of his voice, that’s for sure

^^with a concise and tight narrative, useful footage, less complaining about what other instructors do the stains could be forgiven.
    he clearly never heard of editing in post- either.

tip: the might not wanna dis his camera person at the opening of the vid too...she might have otherwise zoomed in on that distant skier in his 'demonstration' segment

Zzzz

^^Are those releasable pole straps?

For the record, I trust the red chair at least as much as chair 4 at Greek. I have faith they’ll get it all worked out. Also, things like this make me appreciate Plattekill’s excellent old lifts even more. Knock on wood.

^^ +1 re: platty's lifts. if they can just get some snow on the hill!
    (burning skis in my mind!)