Page 25 of 129 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Shit, one day at Taos I looked down and my chair mate's skis and he had race slalom skis on. I think he could have been a coach, but, that day, in those conditions, I said, yeah, makes sense.

Funny when you see kids on 130 wide double rockers on ice hard January days. Slaves to fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    A bowl inna bowl? seems bit redundant….
    It’s a safety bowl

Wow, this is depressing.

From Catamount:

We are closed this weekend, January 1st & 2nd.

Aggressive snowmaking resumes Sunday night with the forecasted colder temperatures

The weather forecast for the upcoming weekend looks warm and wet. We plan to aggressively resume snowmaking operations Sunday night, but we have made the call not to operate this weekend, January 1st & 2nd. We sincerely apologize for the news. If you have tickets, lessons or rentals for the upcoming weekend, please reach out to Customer Service at (413) 528-1262 to discuss options.

See you on the slopes,
    Catamount Mountain Resort

So.... is this gonna shut shit down again????

https://vtdigger.org/2021/12/30/86-k...ive-for-covid/

edit: woah, you just snuck that in...yikes.
    back in november k was so proud they were loading up the gondis, like it was 2019. what could possibly go wrong?

^^^ yup. catamount was my sat nite go-to last season while VT and MA were no - go.
    it's still mud season!
    well at least MAD fired up the double for adventure/expert only turns.

all will be forgiven if / when....

No rain fell so far in the Notch, it did snow a tiny bit. I've resorted to speed laps this week on the Bro's (196's) to break up the boredom of a coupla trails and laps in the pool for which every joint in my body is grateful. All the best in 2022 to everyone, wishing it to be Happy is a stretch. Let's set the bar low to avoid repeating 2021's cornucopia of disappointments.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    No rain fell so far in the Notch, it did snow a tiny bit. I've resorted to speed laps this week on the Bro's (196's) to break up the boredom of a coupla trails and laps in the pool for which every joint in my body is grateful. All the best in 2022 to everyone, wishing it to be Happy is a stretch. Let's set the bar low to avoid repeating 2021's cornucopia of disappointments.
    196 Super Bros????
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    196 Super Bros????
    Si
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Si
    nice! not the ferrari you're running but you've inspired me to try to get my never-skied, spare P50s out. and thus looking for motions (gave them away with the P50s many years back)

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rker+motion+LT

if and when i get the bindings it will certainly snow mucho,
    so if anyone's got some - let me know.

I think it bears saying...

Christmas Eve of 2014, we hiked to the top of Magic in shorts. There was no natural snow on the ground. January/February/March 2015 was the best stretch of snow in the 10 years I've lived at Magic (although last year came close). If it still sucks after MLK, then I'll start to worry.

I skied at pats Peak (NH) yesterday. Of the 8 ski areas I've hit so far this year, Pats has by far the most terrain open (24 of 28) better snow, and a smooth operation that makes everything so easy. If you have Indy, you owe it to yourselves to hit this place. Sure, it's only got 700-ish vert but it's steep at the top which keeps it interesting. I'm guessing they'll have 25/28 open today as they were grooming in another steep run yesterday.

Happy New Year EC mags!

^^yea still could be a late-bloomer, this one. was it 07/08 that only revved up at MLK and became more epic with each holiday? good friday to easter that year dropped 54" at MRG.
    and yes, happy new year all!

talking about MRG:

The moment we've all been waiting for is here: We are opening the Single Chair today!
    While we give that side of the mountain a break we are excited to be riding our favorite lift to the top of Stark Mountain. Please note the following when visiting today:

The Single Chair will have a slightly delayed opening this morning in order to provide necessary time for thorough trail checks and the like. Consider catching first runs on the Practice Slope at 8:30 a.m. while you wait to get your big rock laps in.
    Main mountain skiing is for experts only! There is NOT an easy route down from the Single Chair, nor is there any groomed terrain. Current early season conditions present unforgiving hazards that could jeopardize the rest of your season including ice, rocks, grass, leaves, sticks, and yes, water bars that come out of absolutely nowhere. Ski safely and within your ability.
    Our ski patrol team has asked that you ski with a buddy if possible in case of an emergency.
    There will be no off-loading at Mid Station today. Full sends only.
    We'll start with openings on Chute, Catamount, Catamount Bowl, Antelope, and Lower Antelope. Ski patrol will assess trails and determine additional openings as they go. Updates regarding trail counts will be made to the snow report as needed. Skiers must obey all signs and closures; they are for your own safety!
    Much like Sunnyside, open status will be assessed on a day-to-day basis. Closures are likely if we don't see more snow. Ski it while you can.
    Last edited by buckethead; 12-31-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    196 Super Bros????
    Hmm, maybe I need to get mine out of the basement

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Not feeling the doom and gloom yet, just forging forward through the winter. I have seen much worse so taking it one turn at a time.

Nice clouds yesterday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211230_200106.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	398967

Spun the wheel on Ripcord until I got bored and the cat tracks became prevalent.
    Very short singles line made for quick laps. Said "hey" to Eug who was skiing with family.

Bleak spot was sitting here for five minutes hoping the lift would start soon.
    The two women I was riding with talked about the Stowe evac that took two hours and people having passes pulled for jumping off. They both thought they could jump if it took too long, 20' to 20º hardpack ,please don't as I don't want to listen to your screaming when you break. One also said that she would take her ski boots off before leaping.

Name:	20211230_200206.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	398972

Note to self; don't sit in the middle unless you want stains on your jacket

Name:	20211230_094225.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	760.9 KB 
ID:	398973

The Stunt Ditch caught some kooks already

Name:	20211230_092253.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	398974

Some nice rime formations

Name:	20211231_082046.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	787.0 KB 
ID:	398975

Skadi was watching and opened the clouds for a half hour and sunny turns were made.

Name:	20211230_180041.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	398976

Name:	20211230_195734.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	398977

The crust was there but easily managed.

Name:	20211230_195823.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	398978

Happy New Year! Burn some shit this weekend
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    nice! not the ferrari you're running but you've inspired me to try to get my never-skied, spare P50s out. and thus looking for motions (gave them away with the P50s many years back)

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rker+motion+LT

if and when i get the bindings it will certainly snow mucho,
    so if anyone's got some - let me know.
    I may have a set… I’ll check today and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I think it bears saying...

Christmas Eve of 2014, we hiked to the top of Magic in shorts. There was no natural snow on the ground. January/February/March 2015 was the best stretch of snow in the 10 years I've lived at Magic (although last year came close). If it still sucks after MLK, then I'll start to worry.

I skied at pats Peak (NH) yesterday. Of the 8 ski areas I've hit so far this year, Pats has by far the most terrain open (24 of 28) better snow, and a smooth operation that makes everything so easy. If you have Indy, you owe it to yourselves to hit this place. Sure, it's only got 700-ish vert but it's steep at the top which keeps it interesting. I'm guessing they'll have 25/28 open today as they were grooming in another steep run yesterday.

Happy New Year EC mags!
    I'd kill for 700 vert at the moment

Name:	IMG_3410.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	398991
    It could be so much worse.
    Grip it and rip it in 22!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^yea still could be a late-bloomer, this one. was it 07/08 that only revved up at MLK and became more epic with each holiday? good friday to easter that year dropped 54" at MRG.
    and yes, happy new year all!

talking about MRG:

Yup. Ski It If You Can

Funny when you see kids on 130 wide double rockers on ice hard January days. Slaves to fashion.
    Even funnier when they fly by carving a better turn than you on said skis, eh?

"Kids" barely have enough money for gas to get to the hill and you think they have a quiver of skis?

Haha. You should take your Flippy floppy skis and ride the single today. You'd be so cool.

You do realize how pathetic it is to try to paint some white ski kid as mired in some sort of poverty, right?

Come up to Rumford Maine and Black mountain and you will see white kids mired in poverty getting out.

Skiing was fun yesterday and even had a brief bit of snow

Name:	D2307A0F-68EA-47A5-A043-536921AD25D4.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	864.2 KB 
ID:	399004

On the positive side of things, skinning Stowe this AM (with at least 40 other people) was surprisingly good. What was rain in the valleys was snow above 1,600’. Both the Nosedive Memorial Highway and Chinclip were a ton of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Even funnier when they fly by carving a better turn than you on said skis, eh?

"Kids" barely have enough money for gas to get to the hill and you think they have a quiver of skis?
    Haha. You should take your Flippy floppy skis and ride the single today. You'd be so cool.

You do realize how pathetic it is to try to paint some white ski kid as mired in some sort of poverty, right?
    Well then, what about a bunch of black kids on FIS slalom skis carving muthafukin' circles around both your white crusty asses?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

What world do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by scharny View Post
    On the positive side of things, skinning Stowe this AM (with at least 40 other people) was surprisingly good. What was rain in the valleys was snow above 1,600’. Both the Nosedive Memorial Highway and Chinclip were a ton of fun.
    The visibility left a bit to be desired, but snow quality was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid