Page 68 of 129 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3201
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Assuming you don't have a pass that limits your options, So VT still appears to be in the sweet spot for this storm. Crash in Lot B at Magic and enjoy the fresh snow!

edited to add - Boing!

Attachment 407262
    that's pretty funny. beyond being good, good news.
    safe drives, all.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    that's pretty funny. beyond being good, good news.
    safe drives, all.
    Mine has never turned purple, blue yes, purple no.

There appears to be no base off piste anywhere in Southern Vermont

Wife and I arranged for a babysitter tomorrow so it is game on for us on the ski hill... and maybe in the lot if I play my cards right.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 02-24-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Stowe Mountain Rescue

Attention Stowe residents and visitors (and please don't shoot the messenger): if you're relishing the prospect of some backcountry skiing after this coming storm, perhaps think again. With the impending Winter Weather Advisory forecasting 6-12 inches of snow for Northern Vermont, it will be tempting to get out there and play but it is imperative that backcountry skiers and riders be wary of the conditions.

With the recent warm weather, Mother Nature has absolutely devastated the back-country snowpack, reducing it to 'November levels' with bare ground showing and exposing debris that just a few weeks ago was covered. Furthermore, the gullies have been flush with raging water, eliminating or severely impacting the ice/snow covering - and where snow still stands, runoff continues to flow under a severely undercut protective layer. The consequences of breaking through would be ugly (or potentially deadly, if we're going to be graphic).

Please heed this warning. ALPINE back-country skiing/riding is severely compromised and we urge skiers/riders to avoid that terrain until snowpack returns to appropriate levels.

Fingers crossed for March...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Stowe Mountain Rescue

Attention Stowe residents and visitors (and please don't shoot the messenger): if you're relishing the prospect of some backcountry skiing after this coming storm, perhaps think again. With the impending Winter Weather Advisory forecasting 6-12 inches of snow for Northern Vermont, it will be tempting to get out there and play but it is imperative that backcountry skiers and riders be wary of the conditions.

With the recent warm weather, Mother Nature has absolutely devastated the back-country snowpack, reducing it to 'November levels' with bare ground showing and exposing debris that just a few weeks ago was covered. Furthermore, the gullies have been flush with raging water, eliminating or severely impacting the ice/snow covering - and where snow still stands, runoff continues to flow under a severely undercut protective layer. The consequences of breaking through would be ugly (or potentially deadly, if we're going to be graphic).

Please heed this warning. ALPINE back-country skiing/riding is severely compromised and we urge skiers/riders to avoid that terrain until snowpack returns to appropriate levels.

Fingers crossed for March...
    It’s unfortunate that society is so stupid that it takes a bulletin to explain the quite obvious. #Imissdarwin

I don’t know who turned their PJs inside out or put a spoon under their pillow or posted nudie pics of their partner, but I’d just like to take the time to express my appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I don’t know who turned their PJs inside out or put a spoon under their pillow or posted nudie pics of their partner, but I’d just like to take the time to express my appreciation.
    Harry bought a pontoon boat.
    That’s the catalyst.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AD8DA0B-D46B-4A96-A3B9-FFDC145B7165.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	454.5 KB 
ID:	407327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32898B6A-47CE-4393-9C24-6EC8D7F773AB.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	444.7 KB 
ID:	407328

Name:	9884EA3B-11DC-4AA5-BA0A-96ED53854B66.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	320.6 KB 
ID:	407329

Mobile formatting sucks, turn your head, my bad.

Ended up at wawa to minimize snow driving tonight and maximize morning turns w that 730am lift. Forecast did not disappoint, free refills and no lift lines (yet?) - even have a decent sausage egg and cheese for a semi reasonable $6.

Name:	A4E81702-09C1-48FC-A7A2-1968AF221781.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	441.2 KB 
ID:	407330

yooo that looks nice.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Mobile formatting sucks, turn your head, my bad.
    Editing the photo just slightly before uploading seems to make it work.

Looks like you made a good choice.

Pictures taken horizontally it will load properly. Pictures taken vertically will not.

Results of my ECT and Foot Squish, 4" to 5/16"

Name:	20220225_103033.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	407336
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Results of my ECT and Foot Squish, 4" to 5/16"
    Cool. So Lobster Claw is good to go?

Too bad you're going to be cactus poling tomorrow while I'm Clawing[for my life].
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

West was verrryyy niiice for what it can be.

Deep enough for my kye 120s and wife's volkl ones for a few hours then good heavy chop.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Begged out of being there today...contemplated trying to get to Magic and then remembered my boots are at West anyway. Maybe I shoulda just gone to West for a little while.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Begged out of being there today...contemplated trying to get to Magic and then remembered my boots are at West anyway. Maybe I shoulda just gone to West for a little while.
    that's what I'm doing tonight.

bromley was shit. Hopefully magic was better. Between the wind at 50 and the lack of grooming since the rain, it really left a lot to be desired.

Makes me feel a bit better about my bad planning, but Magic said they were expecting 12-18 yesterday...
    [quote][//quote]

Makes me feel a bit better about my bad planning, but Magic said they were expecting 12-18 yesterday...

I have 4 in danby, there is 6.5 in east Dorset and there was 8 at bromley. Maybe there is a 12-18 inch drift somewhere between bromley and magic,

Cannon was rad today. Still coming down. So empty. Maybe every other chair loaded. Not even.
    Table shows like... 8" maybe more
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

12-18 would have been nice - more like 8ish and counting at magic. Good thing too, it’s ugly down below that new snow. Decent crowd today, no lines but good luck skiing any natural lines today….
    Yet, had a strong day with many characters - bucket otter lynchy mmp JGB and more!

Skiing; alotta fun, especially on a day you’d normally be working!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I left Western Maine, where we actually have a bit of snow stashed in various places, and came to Burlington.
    Looking for a place to tool around with the dog tomorrow. Thinking logging roads, CCC trails, what have you. Maybe Underhill?
    Not expecting good turns, just someplace to stretch our legs.
    Thoughts?

Underhill, end of mtn road at the state park. (You’ll have to park lower, road isn’t plowed up to oark in winter) You can ski up the road and across ccc then down teardrop if you feel adventurous or just turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid