Page 113 of 129 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3201

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That's sad, and so young. Maybe too much poutine in his diet. Condolences, feel bad for the son.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    That's sad, and so young. Maybe too much poutine in his diet. Condolences, feel bad for the son.
    Or too many grilled cheese sammiches with bacon jam. Perhaps this was an omen for me.

Friends are coming to Stowe on Tuesday evening and we planned on sailing in BTV, but the forecast for thundershowers is not promising. I'm looking for recommendations (beyond visiting another brewery) to do with them after work somewhere between Stowe & Burly. Oh and they are sick of hookers and blow, so that's off the list.

Friends are coming to Stowe on Tuesday evening and we planned on sailing in BTV, but the forecast for thundershowers is not promising. I'm looking for recommendations (beyond visiting another brewery) to do with them after work somewhere between Stowe & Burly. Oh and they are sick of hookers and blow, so that's off the list.
    Take them to a museum.

Anyone have experience on the best ski schools based on the past few years? Looking to get my 6 and 8 year old out and learning in NH or ME.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Anyone have experience on the best ski schools based on the past few years? Looking to get my 6 and 8 year old out and learning in NH or ME.
    You might consider a weekend race program. At those ages it shouldn’t be focused on running a lot of gates, but lots of free skiing all over the mountain with the same kids and coach each weekend. Your kids make friends and the coach probably gives a shit… more so than the ski school instructor doing kids lessons (usually a teenager/ babysitter).

That has been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    You might consider a weekend race program. At those ages it shouldn’t be focused on running a lot of gates, but lots of free skiing all over the mountain with the same kids and coach each weekend. Your kids make friends and the coach probably gives a shit… more so than the ski school instructor doing kids lessons (usually a teenager/ babysitter).

That has been my experience.
    This year is about learning basics and getting out, next year will likely be that if they end up liking it. I fully expect at least one to bounce off.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    This year is about learning basics and getting out, next year will likely be that if they end up liking it. I fully expect at least one to bounce off.
    Most mountains also have seasonal ski school programs if you're willing to commit. They usually keep the same groups and instructors throughout the season, which is a good thing for the kids, and the instructors may not be the best in the ski school, but they tend to be pretty good or very good and committed to having the kids having fun.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

BJs.

In Waterbury. The ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Most mountains also have seasonal ski school programs if you're willing to commit. They usually keep the same groups and instructors throughout the season, which is a good thing for the kids, and the instructors may not be the best in the ski school, but they tend to be pretty good or very good and committed to having the kids having fun.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Pat's Peak had a really good deal last to "learn to ski"...included rentals, instruction, and lifts for a pretty reasonable price. Depending on where you live, it could be more convenient than going further north.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    BJs.

In Waterbury. The ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha! My daughter got a job at the B&J’s corp offices in SoBu and can bring home 3 pints per day.

I am well on my way to becoming a Chubby Hubby.

Ha! My daughter got a job at the B&J’s corp offices in SoBu and can bring home 3 pints per day.

I am well on my way to becoming a Chubby Hubby.
    A walk around the grounds of the Shelburne Museum is just what the Doctor ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    A walk around the grounds of the Shelburne Museum is just what the Doctor ordered
    In thundershowers? Maybe I'll lick the steamboat smokestack during a lightning strike!

Besides, they close at 5pm.

In thundershowers? Maybe I'll lick the steamboat smokestack during a lightning strike!

Besides, they close at 5pm.
    I’m proud of you for looking into it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/acro...hite-mountains

Hikers in the White Mountains of New Hampshire had more than the view of the mountains on Saturday when a naked man was on the roof of an AMC hut.

OK. If this wasn’t a mag I will be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    https://patch.com/new-hampshire/acro...hite-mountains

Hikers in the White Mountains of New Hampshire had more than the view of the mountains on Saturday when a naked man was on the roof of an AMC hut.

OK. If this wasn’t a mag I will be disappointed
    Pics or it didn't happen?

Ok, you caught me…

Name:  BB338B79-2480-4491-A1BE-2987DE1BFD0E.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  57.8 KB

Indoors in VT is rough.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bin...rlington%2C+VT

Do they like Danseuses?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Ok, you caught me…

Name:  BB338B79-2480-4491-A1BE-2987DE1BFD0E.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  57.8 KB
    Ha! The Springfield Creamery show in Veneta, Oregon in '72. Methinks you were too young to be there....

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Ha! The Springfield Creamery show in Veneta, Oregon in '72. Methinks you were too young to be there....
    Best show evah.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Indoors in VT is rough.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bin...rlington%2C+VT

Do they like Danseuses?
    I think the husband is into Debussy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Although you do have to wonder how many love children that dude sired (and I'm not talkin' about Jerry).

Although you do have to wonder how many love children that dude sired (and I'm not talkin' about Jerry).
    Are you trying to tell us something??????

Dad?! Is that you?