Page 40 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2585
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    entrapped
    Posts
    1,445
    Learned a new phrase today,

    "It's fuckin' brick out."

    Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,321
    Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Learned a new phrase today,

    "It's fuckin' brick out."

    Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    First time hearing that today as well. I wonder if it was from the same source. Maybe Fussy D can provide some insight.

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,960
    That was a 90’s nyc reference for cold, not new, but maybe it’s finally getting around?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,230

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,971

  6. #981
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,982
    Yesterday was great, but Cannon is completely shut down today. Drive carefully people. Snowing sideways here. House is shaking in the gusts.

    Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,836
    20º bob and calm with 4 1/2" of snow that is falling lightly. Summit wind raging with upper lifts shut down. Get Some!
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,648

    East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

    Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Probably missed the curtain call but is the Storm Hamster guy doing his thing somewhere else or did he just stop?
    was wondering the same thing and bumping this comment... anyone? He was great! I'm not on twitter but his twitter also seemed quiet (and cryptic) last time i checked.

    https://twitter.com/crankywxguy?lang=en

    Edit to add: puking a good clip here in town
    24° 06°

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,321
    Not a whole lot of upper mountain chairlifts open around Vermont so far today. Particularly the resorts where more than 4" of snow has fallen.

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bucks county pa
    Posts
    2,649
    Plattkill reporting 10-12 and still snowing
    always forward but never straight

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,907
    #nevahtrustanoreastah

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    #nevahtrustanoreastah
    Actually this one is delivering as promised.

    SuperQuad only upper mtn access lift running at the loaf, singles line is over to double runner. Gonna go have a look around 1:30 if all these pluggers get tired and go in.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,183
    Upstates got some.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07F6DCA1-3129-4056-B97A-95F43BC269F6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	419.5 KB 
ID:	401493

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    #nevahtrustanoreastah
    Blowing a Gale here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61C0C436-FA6D-4D40-86F6-5F2309449F76.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	490.2 KB 
ID:	401548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDECE890-816E-4011-9292-F3C935CDF266.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	384.7 KB 
ID:	401552  

  15. #990
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Upstates got some.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07F6DCA1-3129-4056-B97A-95F43BC269F6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	419.5 KB 
ID:	401493
    looking good

  16. #991
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,172
    I think we topped out at 9” and so far hasn’t switched over to the R word. Some ropes got dropped, most of the jewels people are pining for need quite a bit more snow. Was nice to ski some 3D snow


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  17. #992
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    King Ridge
    Posts
    1,718
    9" to 10" in my yard, so I'm thinking about the same at Ragged. Planned on getting there for opening, but lifts were on wind hold. Showed up around 11 and the 6-pack started spinning. "Surfy" describes it pretty well.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	880.1 KB 
ID:	401585

    My kid is pretty good at sniffing out the water bars. Found two of them on this run .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220117_124606.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	311.1 KB 
ID:	401593

    They opened the quad around 2. Wind-hammered would be an understatement. Skied like 1" over hardpack.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220117_141030.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	531.0 KB 
ID:	401596

    Just like every storm around here, it will make a good base. For real this time.

  18. #993
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,979
    Wow, we had a completely different experience at Magic today. No wind to speak of by the time the lifts spun at 9. We got a tip that patrol was getting ready to drop the rope to the west side so Goniff, neighbor BH, and I hung near that rope trying to convince people we were talking football. When It dropped we were the first 3 through. Goniff went a different way but this is neighbor BH on Sorcerer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0978.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	692.6 KB 
ID:	401597

  19. #994
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,085
    Nice - was a great day for sure - on many levels!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #995
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,754
    Fudge to the motherfudgin' yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0978.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	692.6 KB 
ID:	401597

  21. #996
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    3,704
    No pics but good day for sure at Black in Maine. We were hitting the woods for first time this year. Some good rock scrapes but no core shots. 10”

  22. #997
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Wow, we had a completely different experience at Magic today. No wind to speak of by the time the lifts spun at 9. We got a tip that patrol was getting ready to drop the rope to the west side so Goniff, neighbor BH, and I hung near that rope trying to convince people we were talking football. When It dropped we were the first 3 through. Goniff went a different way but this is neighbor BH on Sorcerer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0978.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	692.6 KB 
ID:	401597
    Schwing! Noheastahs be kind to Magic.

  23. #998
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    EC
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    9" to 10" in my yard, so I'm thinking about the same at Ragged. Planned on getting there for opening, but lifts were on wind hold. Showed up around 11 and the 6-pack started spinning. "Surfy" describes it pretty well.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	880.1 KB 
ID:	401585

    They opened the quad around 2. Wind-hammered would be an understatement. Skied like 1" over hardpack.

    Just like every storm around here, it will make a good base. For real this time.
    I got there at 8 today, thinking the lifts would magically run in the storm like they always seem to be able to do. But the wind direction killed those hopes, so I just ended up doing like 537 laps of the beginner area to pass the time until 12:30 when the summit opened.

    Still glad to get a few good runs in though - beggars can’t be choosers this year!

  24. #999
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    597
    Any NE mags ever do biz with ME shop called “Allspeed Cyclery and Snow”? Two locations shown online…Portland and Carrabassett Valley.

    Thinking about ordering something online based on Google search result. Thought I’d see if anyone had experience.

  25. #1000
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    King Ridge
    Posts
    1,718
    Damn. That looks sweet!

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    W
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0978.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	692.6 KB 
ID:	401597
    That Barnyard lift is a killer. The magic carpet freaks me out.

    Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    I got there at 8 today, thinking the lifts would magically run in the storm like they always seem to be able to do. But the wind direction killed those hopes, so I just ended up doing like 537 laps of the beginner area to pass the time until 12:30 when the summit opened.

    Still glad to get a few good runs in though - beggars can’t be choosers this year!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •