Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2687
  1. #2551
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,599
    Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Anyone going to Killington tomorrow? For some reason my son cwants to ski in 80 degree temps (probably because he isn't ashamed to expose his arms). I'll be there sweating in a long sleeve.


    not i. was there "today" though and snowpack was surprisinly indifferent to the excessive heat. never got sticky or slushy.
    a 50-something degree feel on a 80-something day.
    listen to your kid and get some!


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2938A118-758E-4982-AC0E-D69D35BD31DB.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	916.2 KB 
ID:	416340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4AA81807-D60C-4A23-AAE2-58CEA77202FF.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	793.5 KB 
ID:	416342
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD38C668-81E0-4C45-AE53-113F5286B9C8.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	767.4 KB 
ID:	416344  
    Last edited by buckethead; 05-14-2022 at 04:09 AM.

  2. #2552
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    straightlining the jet will require a higher level of commitment than usual today.




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37B8CCE5-0CC9-4F4D-A014-2835C2EDD4FB.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	687.0 KB 
ID:	416350

  3. #2553
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WTB
    Posts
    744
    Hashtag yolo

  4. #2554
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    alls well that ends well…


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF8B44FC-154F-4E11-9168-A42BF7ECFC77.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	583.3 KB 
ID:	416382

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1D350D8-CF8B-4931-8687-55E57B05F597.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	416383

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5320F209-861C-4C43-A501-2E87BB035338.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	672.7 KB 
ID:	416384






    fact…

  5. #2555
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,415
    With all those jorts, clearly not all is well!

  6. #2556
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    yeah, it was jortacular fer sure.

  7. #2557
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Driving2VT
    Posts
    4,087

    East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    yeah, it was jortacular fer sure.
    Oh wow. Was Haynes only? April-May 1 @ Jay left a mediocre season feeling appreciated.

    I canít remember the Jet spinning without the Jet going. Sign of the changing of the guard perhaps.
    Uno mas

  8. #2558
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    It was haynes and half of jet.

  9. #2559
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    King Ridge
    Posts
    1,727
    I heard it was better yesterday. Scraped down to that yellow man-made stuff in the troughs today. Lift shut down for a bit due to lightning, started back up and then shut back down around 3:15. Thunder and some heavy rain put an end to it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220514_151723.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	894.8 KB 
ID:	416402

    Interested to see how the lodge turns out. Pretty fugly so far.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220514_152027.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	925.3 KB 
ID:	416399

    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    not i. was there "today" though and snowpack was surprisinly indifferent to the excessive heat. never got sticky or slushy.
    a 50-something degree feel on a 80-something day.
    listen to your kid and get some!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2938A118-758E-4982-AC0E-D69D35BD31DB.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	916.2 KB 
ID:	416340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4AA81807-D60C-4A23-AAE2-58CEA77202FF.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	793.5 KB 
ID:	416342
    Weather was a bit nicer in the morning.

    Name:  image26.jpeg
Views: 709
Size:  81.5 KB

  10. #2560
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,599
    ^^ we see what you did ;0]

    that looks like a nice warmup ahead of the frozen-water skiing.

    woke up early and thought better of placing my hopes on sunday so against plans went out yesterday. things looked good enough around noon but the first appearance of an empty SS quad - on the one year anniversary of my last day in 20/21 ; when the lift shut down for good 2/3 of way into my first run of the day - had me feeling snakebit again!

    worse yet though, SS was crowded with many folks who seemed to be skiing for the first time.

    around 3:15 the chair was was done for the day. i was soon on the road for, without doubt, the heaviest rains i'd driven through in a decade possibly decades.

    somewhat a slog of a day, but ss cam made it clear i'd made the right call.
    bonus that the snow appears very much still intact!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2385AA5-A923-4D8A-93F8-FCE171B5D93C.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	416437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAE5B97F-7BCF-4A3C-83AF-A2A3CBDC672B.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	416438  

  11. #2561
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8EA45DDB-5434-4F58-9E24-9137D33C7BF3.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	416455

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E4A88FF-759F-4807-B223-AA6925CECBA9.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	416456

  12. #2562
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,128
    That thing is stacked eh?
    How many days you on 2711UC?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #2563
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

    around 3:15 the chair was was done for the day. i was soon on the road for, without doubt, the heaviest rains i'd driven through in a decade possibly decades.
    OTOH - Free car wash!

  14. #2564
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    3,726
    Good to see folks still getting after it. No one went up slack skiing on George?

  15. #2565
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That thing is stacked eh?
    How many days you on 2711UC?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

    only 48 so far, but the seasons still young yet.




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2F2F043-6700-4B46-A25D-92A7029E66B0.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	532.1 KB 
ID:	416478









    fact.

  16. #2566
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    3,726
    This popped in my inbox.

    I’m hoping you know of someone we could hire to be a Marketing & Media Coordinator at J skis?

    Details:
    - $50-60k salary
    - 2+ years marketing experience
    - In Burlington, VT (remote not considered)
    - Dedicated skier
    - Full details here https://jskis.com/jobs

  17. #2567
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Out to sea
    Posts
    448
    Cant believe J will pay more than my teaching job

  18. #2568
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,001
    Forest fire in Crawford notch. Any eyes on it?
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

  19. #2569
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    on 5/18…



    Name:  BF2024D2-1725-4329-BE87-B1151DBE5550.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  66.6 KB

  20. #2570
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    +3 ogdens
    Posts
    312
    $30 to park at stowe on weekends or a $450 season parking pass with no guarantee of a spot. Seems no free reservation system for pass holders. ooof.

    https://www.stowe.com/explore-the-re...ting-here.aspx

  21. #2571
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WTB
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    $30 to park at stowe on weekends or a $450 season parking pass with no guarantee of a spot. Seems no free reservation system for pass holders. ooof.

    https://www.stowe.com/explore-the-re...ting-here.aspx
    They claim its to improve parking infrastructure, but anyone with half a fucking brain can see its just a cash grab, plain and simple.
    Fuck that shit.
    They could have easily just required reservations Fri-Su because that worked before.
    Doesn't seem to be any word on enforcement? How will they know 4 ppl to a car? None of what they are doing makes any sense.
    I'm on ikon for next year- makes more sense now that I work in the MRV. it's tough to leave a mtn I've been at for 23 seasons

  22. #2572
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,305
    Don’t forget, all Vet’s get to ski for free next Monday.

    https://www.killington.com/plan-your...I0MjEzMDIzOQS2

  23. #2573
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    They claim its to improve parking infrastructure, but anyone with half a fucking brain can see its just a cash grab, plain and simple.
    Fuck that shit.
    They could have easily just required reservations Fri-Su because that worked before.
    Doesn't seem to be any word on enforcement? How will they know 4 ppl to a car? None of what they are doing makes any sense.
    I'm on ikon for next year- makes more sense now that I work in the MRV. it's tough to leave a mtn I've been at for 23 seasons
    Epic + 450 is still cheaper than AIG 5 years ago for everyone except college/ Washington/lamoille residents.

  24. #2574
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Epic + 450 is still cheaper than AIG 5 years ago for everyone except college/ Washington/lamoille residents.
    I had a part time student pass at Stowe in the AIG days. I'm pretty sure it was around $1200 in 2014ish. Crowds and parking were rarely an issue.....ahh those were the days.

  25. #2575
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,728
    Fuq vail

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •