Page 43 of 129 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3201
    Well this sucks.

And that's why we can't have nice things.

black mountain on the verge of forbidding uphill permanently as well.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

People suck

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I’m not an in season groomer hiker, It’s not just skiers, sometimes ski areas overreact. However, I think in this case it’s skiers making poor choices, like skiing near winch cables and posting on social media about areas like CR that are not yet open or part of the uphill/downhill areas. Sorry VTF, as much as I enjoy the skiing, you’re part of the problem even though you’re not impacting mountain ops.

First time skiing Mt. Snow mid-winter. Thought it was pretty fun.

Groomers were excellent.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTS7.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	402126
    Nice variety of surface conditions.

Name:	MTS5.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	607.0 KB 
ID:	402127
    Sweet views on the right side of the mountain.

Name:	MTS6.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	402128
    Sort of looks like winter down here.

Name:	MTS2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	402124
    Superstar glacier snow amounts on Corinthia.

Name:	MTS1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	402129
    Stickers too.

Name:	MTS3.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	781.8 KB 
ID:	402130

Name:	MTS4.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	751.0 KB 
ID:	402131

Good times.

And the final straw for the Bush was as follows. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642731543.346880.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	402135

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    black mountain on the verge of forbidding uphill permanently as well.
    Yeah, not good

Black mountain in NH just posted this:

“Over the last few years, the “earn your turns” alpine touring movement has become the most talked about new way to get outside and get active, especially in the MWV. We love that. Getting more people on skis, getting kids introduced to the sport, and giving people a way to relieve stress, exercise and enjoy nature is something we are absolutely on board with. This is why we partnered with Andrew Drummond in his inaugural year of Ski The Whites back in 2017, and in the years since have provided a facility, terrain, and snow (when Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate) to those who wish to earn their turns. Ski The Whites’ event “Friday Night Lights” is known throughout New England, if not across the country, as the place to be on Fridays whether you have many touring hours under your belt or you are new to the sport. We are proud to have been involved in this.

As the popularity of uphill touring grew, it became evident that guidelines and policies were needed to help keep mountain staff and guests safe. These policies differ by mountain, based on location, ownership and terrain, but it is your responsibility as a mountain guest to educate yourself in this regard. It is a simple request that you find the policy, read the policy, and adhere to the policy. The policy is not up for debate, it is not up for interpretation, and applies to you - yes, even if you consider yourself a local. Our uphill travel policy can be found here: blackmt.com/uphill-policy

To put it frankly, Black Mountain is private property; it is not public land. You do not have a right to access this mountain. Accessing the mountain and trails is a privilege and doing so without permission is trespassing. A season pass, lift ticket, or uphill ticket is required to access the property in any way. Unfortunately, widespread disregard of our simple request to purchase a $10 ticket to access our property will very soon result in the elimination of any alpine touring or uphill travel permitted at Black Mountain. Pretending to not see numerous, fluorescent signs that we’d prefer to not have riddling the base area and trails is unacceptable. Parking in auxiliary lots, at the inn next door, up the road in the driveways of private homes to avoid being seen is insulting and disrespectful. It is discourteous to your peers who have purchased tickets or passes. It is entitlement on display, and it is embarrassing that anyone would prefer to circumvent our policy and behave this way to avoid paying a $10 fee. To be clear, this $10 fee is not only reasonable, but goes directly toward maintaining the independent, family owned business that is keeping this activity available. If "Ski Free or Die" is your mantra, this is not your playground.

This is our only warning - so please share it with your friends. We’d love to continue to welcome uphill travelers at our mountain, but we kindly ask that you respect us and cooperate with our rules. Failure to do so will result in the revocation of uphill access for all at Black Mountain, and trespassers will be reported to police.”

C’mon people! Smarten up!
    In search of some powder.

Don’t know what the particulars are related to Black Mountain in Jackson putting this out, but a pretty big call out of granite backcountry both by tagging them at the end of the post and using their slogan of “ski free or die”
    Last edited by cat in january; 01-21-2022 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Don’t know what the particulars are related to Black Mountain in Jackson putting this out, but a pretty big fallout of granite backcountry both by tagging them at the end of the post and using their slogan of “ski free or die”
    Oh wow I didn’t make that connection

Spellcheck changed callout to fallout, but both seem to apply

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Spellcheck changed callout to fallout, but both seem to apply
    Lol yep

Sounds like there may be More to the story

Even Sugarloaf is sending out reminders not to be an idiot whole uphilling

Combination of low tide, social media, and stupid people is why we can't have nice things. And the trends point to more of all three of those in future years in NE.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

How will this affect Shift sales?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Combination of low tide, social media, and stupid people is why we can't have nice things. And the trends point to more of all three of those in future years in NE.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    Instagram and facebook Are probably the biggest problem! I guess idiots too… they will always be around

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    HaHa, you on the board in the brown jacket?

Name:	Image1642780876.688754.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	661.0 KB 
ID:	402190
    This pic was taken a few December’s ago
    Before they opened the lift.
    Middle Earth is really cool before the moguls

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    cool, doing the lamb. might have to catch that if they are nearby.
    i believe that sum of years may have been 12-14!
    tempus fugit!

meanwhile loving all the bluebird-pow stoke.
    You fellas should really consider this https://securityprojectband.com/ , they're coming around in May. I've seen them twice, 10/10 would bang again

Does anybody know of shops that rent touring equipment in Southern VT or the Berkshires?

My dad would like to try touring this winter. He and I hike Greylock every season (well - he hikes, I skin), and he's sick of lugging skis on his back on the way up, and snowshoes on the way down. There are a few shops that rent up in the Whites (my current stomping grounds), but that's a long drive for the old man. Any help finding something closer to his neck of the woods (Western Mass) would be much appreciated.

^I don't have an answer, but good on you man for taking your dad up the hill

I mean $10 per uphill? I’d gladly pay that once or twice that for the season. But every time. That’s a joke.

and I don’t know of any ski shops in southern Vt that rent touring stuff. I know bromley has some telemark stuff and some of it uphills, you could call the mtn goat in Manchester and see if they have an idea. I don’t know about the ludlow area or ktown.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I mean $10 per uphill? I’d gladly pay that once or twice that for the season. But every time. That’s a joke.
    Please tell us your post is a joke.. Because you can’t be serious

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post

and I don’t know of any ski shops in southern Vt that rent touring stuff. I know bromley has some telemark stuff and some of it uphills, you could call the mtn goat in Manchester and see if they have an idea. I don’t know about the ludlow area or ktown.
    It's $10 per day, not per uphill. Hopefully if you're doing it frequently you can manage more than one lap.

(Or buy the uphill pass)

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Please tell us your post is a joke.. Because you can’t be serious
    Reading is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dangur View Post
    Does anybody know of shops that rent touring equipment in Southern VT or the Berkshires?

My dad would like to try touring this winter. He and I hike Greylock every season (well - he hikes, I skin), and he's sick of lugging skis on his back on the way up, and snowshoes on the way down. There are a few shops that rent up in the Whites (my current stomping grounds), but that's a long drive for the old man. Any help finding something closer to his neck of the woods (Western Mass) would be much appreciated.
    BootPro in Ludlow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums