Page 110 of 129 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3201
    Schuss Saskadena preferable. Keeping the Six will likely cause a common assumption that Saskadena is a native America term for offing yourself. Like the effort tho.
    Uno mas

I like the "new" name and learned something about Vermont. That's more meaningful than preserving the history related to a quip about skiing a little hill that anyone can do. In related news, Okemo is now to be renamed Poser Mountain.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    I like the "new" name and learned something about Vermont. That's more meaningful than preserving the history related to a quip about skiing a little hill that anyone can do. In related news, Okemo is now to be renamed Poser Mountain.
    Spelled "poseur" wrong!

I guess all those years spent nord de la frontière didn't rub off....

BMOM and the Mighty, Mighty both on the Indy Pass. Stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    BMOM and the Mighty, Mighty both on the Indy Pass. Stoked!

I wonder why the mighty mighty just went with the alliance instead of the full membership. Still got my fingers crossed for McCauley to make the cut.

Does this mean I need to Benny all my glade photos?

A two year old map. You can add about seven glades to that and glade season has just begun so likely another 3-5 this year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25FC7C6C-BA41-484B-B694-457F0E1A798B.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	885.0 KB 
ID:	421957

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I guess all those years spent nord de la frontière didn't rub off....
    a few years but still repping

Name:	IMG_6064.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	421966
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I wonder why the mighty mighty just went with the alliance instead of the full membership. Still got my fingers crossed for McCauley to make the cut.
    Can verify that people associated with Middlebury College ain't very smaht, especially if they graduated from there.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Still got my fingers crossed for McCauley to make the cut.
    Anything is possible but this would surprise me.

The entire management team of Gunstock quit today. Wild.

Political shitshow. I don't know what's going on, but I typically place blame on a "commission" of appointed or elected (I have no clue a how it was formed) asshats on a power trip that have no clue on what actually happens on a daily basis of what they're "governing".

Ie - school boards

This is just gonna play into the hands of those conservative fucktards on the commission. Now that they ran off the management team, they’re just gonna use their absence to justify their original plan to lease/sell it.

step three, profit.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Updated article answering some of the "Why".

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...ource=Connatix

Of course, I imagine there are a lot more local issues that remain unknown to us non locals.

These four, not so much Jade, but Ness, Strang, and Lambert are so inept and unqualified to be in the positions they're in that management sees they can't get anything done with them.”Both Day and Kiedaisch claimed the recently-appointed GAC members were trying to take a larger controlling stake in the day-to-day operations,

Like who makes the appointments to the GAC ?
    And what is their agenda ?

Seems as if it was being properly and profitably managed.

And this is why state and local governments should not run ski areas.

This type of arrangement is not uncommon in the airport world. I worked at the Syracuse airport and it was run by the city...it was a mess with political favorites (who had no knowledge of running an airport) were named to key positions as political favors. It was an absolute dump. When I moved to the Albany airport, it was run by a bi-partisan board that had to answer to the people on their choices for key roles. The CEO/Director while I was there was amazing. The place was beautiful...I loved working there.

Shortly after, the Syracuse airport moved to a model similar to Albany's and the changes were immediate and profound.

In both scenarios, the board had nothing to do with the day-to-day operations of the airports. The CEOs/Directors managed that and only reported what they were doing to the board monthly. I regularly attended the board meetings in Albany and they were pleasant, non-partisan, and focused only on making the product better. The biggest issue between municipal- and authority-run airports was that the municipality (Syracuse) took all profits and rolled them into the general fund for the city; airport profits rarely ended up being reinvested in the airport. In the authority model, profits were re-invested into the airport without having to have governmental approval.

Small-town politics are frightening to me. Belknap County is small-town and these idiots on the board want to get their fingers into the operations and will likely turn the fantastic numbers delivered by the previous management team into a whole lotta red ink.

Interesting to see Alex DeLuca quoted...those of us that hang with the K-zone crowd at Killington know Alex quite well.

Didn't expect George Soros to be involved but here ya go.

https://twitter.com/liftblog/status/1550233371304869888

Name:	9AE7CD31-665B-4F8C-86FB-3A390D67314F.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	322.8 KB 
ID:	422113

ok, now everything makes sense…

The governor used to run a much larger ski area (Waterville Valley).

Lots of innuendos in that statement with no basis in fact other than opinions from a politician. Personally, I don't believe a word of it. How can you tell a politician is lying? His/her lips are moving.

But it will be interesting if a truly independent audit turns up malfeasance from the former management group.

Let's not turn this into a polyass discussion....

Lots of innuendos in that statement with no basis in fact other than opinions from a politician. Personally, I don't believe a word of it. How can you tell a politician is lying? His/her lips are moving.

But it will be interesting if a truly independent audit turns up malfeasance from the former management group.

They still own WV and fuck Sununu and his whole fucktard family. He's ruined this state with his nazi policy's on abortion and limiting teachers on what they can teach. He and his old man are thieves.

I'm with you. If there's an audit coming, it could explain a lot. I don't really understand how a bunch of people with bills to pay are gonna walk based on where they are seated.

This is about way more than seating arrangements. That was just the straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I'm with you. If there's an audit coming, it could explain a lot. I don't really understand how a bunch of people with bills to pay are gonna walk based on where they are seated.
    that audit is a red herring.

https://www.saminfo.com/news/sam-hea...erm=2022-07-21

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/07/...week-gunstock/

https://www.skijournal.com/gunstocks...s-resignation/

damn freestaters behind it all…

https://www.nhbr.com/belknap-group-s...se-delegation/
    Last edited by m2711c; 07-22-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    They still own WV and fuck Sununu and his whole fucktard family. He's ruined this state with his nazi policy's on abortion and limiting teachers on what they can teach. He and his old man are thieves.
    Tell us how you really feel