Page 37 of 129 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Not only did I fall for taking that "vaccine" that magnetized me, I also fell in line with all of the sheeple who abandoned the rear entry boot. I am such a stupid.
    What size are your feet? I have plenty of spare pairs of SX91 & 92. No Equipes though… those were a total gimmick, not fooling me by only adding one fancy French word to the boot, making them red, and increasing the price! Sheeple indeed

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    What size are your feet? I have plenty of spare pairs of SX91 & 92. No Equipes though… those were a total gimmick, not fooling me by only adding one fancy French word to the boot, making them red, and increasing the price! Sheeple indeed
    You are dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Four day road trip and four days of skiing meant an early leave Friday and a late return last night.

Yesterday was the best as no one else was over by the baguette or the adjacent woods. Low photo count from the trip. Good to ski wild winter snow again

Attachment 400665

Attachment 400666
    looks fantastic....well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Attachment 400590

Like way back when?????
    All you well off types must have had the $$ for the CB gear , further south all we had to work with was old canvas - cloth top and surplus army pants! And yeah , those were 555 soly equipes on 220 siderals!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7667.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	400709
    That’s actually for you bucket , may be the last time I was on upper exhibition! Circa…maybe .87? Looking forward to the triumphant return soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    All you well off types must have had the $$ for the CB gear , further south all we had to work with was old canvas - cloth top and surplus army pants! And yeah , those were 555 soly equipes on 220 siderals!

That’s actually for you bucket , may be the last time I was on upper exhibition! Circa…maybe .87? Looking forward to the triumphant return soon!
    Is that you, Wayne Wong?????

I’m amazed that you guys have these pics from the days of yore!

I took a ski photography class in college, but I was too busy skiing to bother taking many photos. Probably why I got a D…

Speaking of Wayne Wong, I waited on him once upon a time as a banquet waiter at the resort formally known as Squaw. He was nice to us commoners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Any NY mags have any feedback on which of the following Indy Pass hills in NY are worth driving from Boston to?

Catamount
    Greek Peak
    Snowy Ridge
    Swain
    Titus
    West

Would be sweet if Platty was on the pass, but know next to nothing about these other hills. Thanks yall!
    I was a bit of a Swain skier as a kid, it's probably half the size of Shawnee Peak both in vert and acreage. Snow Ridge is where I skied as a younger kid and as has been pointed out they can get a metric fuckton of snow there on the Tug Hill Plateau. And it's really not close to anywhere but it is Upstate and Utica Club beer will be readily available.

I just turned down an invite to Big Sky over the weekend. I really cant go, have plans up in the tundra with my kids already. But truth be told if I had the time to myself I think I'd be jumping in the car and heading for the UC zone. I'm being drawn like a bee to amber..

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Any NY mags have any feedback on which of the following Indy Pass hills in NY are worth driving from Boston to?

Catamount
    Greek Peak
    Snowy Ridge
    Swain
    Titus
    West

Would be sweet if Platty was on the pass, but know next to nothing about these other hills. Thanks yall!
    I would not bother with Catamount. Berk East is close to there and much better hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

220s -- nice! way to rock 'em.
    i was last at VVGG in '82 so maybe i'll do my 40th anniversary return this season (hell, the big dumps have been trending south!)
    Last edited by buckethead; 01-11-2022 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    I would not bother with Catamount. Berk East is close to there and much better hill.
    yup, berk east skis bigger, and is steep top to bottom.
    has a bit of MRG and magic in its trail cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    yup, berk east skis bigger, and is steep top to bottom.
    has a bit of MRG and magic in its trail cuts.
    I haven't skied catamount since high school, but I know they've sunk a lot of money into it with new snowmaking, lifts, and a lodge. I think I'd like to check it out for those reasons and it's in kind of a cool area in between great barrington and hudson... not saying the original beast isn't better but there are definitely reasons to check out Catamount besides skiing in two states on the same day.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    90% of skiers in VT had it. CB Vaughn was from Manchester and the original mill was in Bennington.

Interestingly, someone appears to have bought the CB Sports name and is making the retro styles again.

Does anyone remember Mother Myricks Ski Apparel? My first GoreTex was a 3 snap pull over in maroon and tan from an outfitter in Manch.
    I remeber my mom dragging me down to the CB "outlet" in Bennington to get gear back in the day.

Mother Myricks did apparel?!? They should reboot that. I'd kill for a bright yellow "Lemon Lulu" onesie.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

^^^ cat was my go-to for saturday nites (and one midweek pow day, and a post-closing hike) last season when it was as far into mass as i could go. definitely like the place - but the lines were almost always long. berk can get crowded too but gets the edge in terrain.

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Same

Same x2.

CB jacket(red/navy blue stripe)/Descente race pants(navy blue) with the padded shins…..lol.

Bought at the Starting Gate, Marshalls Creek, PA. (school friends the owners son…The Law family)

FYI: Nordica purchased rights to CB & Norse House has some of the pullovers that were re issues this year.

Secondly, buddies purchased CB's home in Manchester & just WOW, really WOW. Place is nutz.

220s -- nice! way to rock 'em.
    i was last at jiminy in '82 so maybe i'll do my 40th anniversary return this season (hell, the big dumps have been trending south!)
    The elephant in the room question - is this a "jet turn" a "worm turn" or a "slow dog noodle?"

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Secondly, buddies purchased CB's home in Manchester & just WOW, really WOW. Place is nutz.
    CB wasn’t really running on all thrusters, if you know what I mean.

Prospect Mtn as a kid was like a CB photo shoot but with all the kids dressed in seconds and faded Salvation Army two sizes too small CB ski clothes.

I had a green with blue stripe CB anorak in high school.
    I recently purchased a CB branded soft shell at ocean state job lot for super cheap like $10. It's actually a very well made jacket. If it said ortovox on it I would be cool. It feels like neoshell. Definitely same logo.

Driving from Boston to NY to ski? Indy pass? You do what you think is best...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    CB wasn’t really running on all thrusters, if you know what I mean.

Prospect Mtn as a kid was like a CB photo shoot but with all the kids dressed in seconds and faded Salvation Army two sizes too small CB ski clothes.
    No pilfering through the Outlet store on North Street?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    No pilfering through the Outlet store on North Street?
    Ha, I forgot about that, didn’t they also do a yearly sale at the mill on South Street across from the PD and Friendly’s?

Damn. You guys are old as dirt. I know cuz I was there.

yea, check for deals. trail counts are on the rise.
    wow that t-bar must've been tricky/steep.

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/...ldcat-nh-vail/

wow, what a week.
    has riding the chair officially become more hazardous than exploring the BC? (with the former, skills are little help)
    Unproperly loaded huh? How many of you have ever seen signs or any instructions to “only sit in the middle” or “single must not sit on right / left side”. I think I’ve seen it about 3 fucking times.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Unproperly loaded huh? How many of you have ever seen signs or any instructions to “only sit in the middle” or “single must not sit on right / left side”. I think I’ve seen it about 3 fucking times.
    Interestingly, I've seen it a lot this year. It stuck with me because I really hadn't seen it a lot previously. I think every lift at Stratton has a sign that says this. And I rarely skied at Stratton before this year....