Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2943
  1. #2301
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I’m in for the K mini if anyone has a comp/discount/buddy/etc ticket.

    Mrs G - you still pop in here anymore?
    jhyatt said he might have one....

  2. #2302
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    King Ridge
    Posts
    1,746
    Sweet SOS singlecross!

    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

  3. #2303
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    2,286
    I’m down for K-town… probably pulling in the afternoon of the 15th. Anybody know if it’s cool to sleep in the lot there or will I get hassled?

  4. #2304
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    2,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I’m in for the K mini if anyone has a comp/discount/buddy/etc ticket.
    PM sent.

  5. #2305
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Tentatively working on a mini-summit at Killington on Saturday, 4/16. Singlecross is coaxing an '85 Vanagon back from Upstate (wherever that is...) to Maine and wants to ski on Saturday.

    Hoping Goniff, Peruvian, FussyD, Biggins, VT-F, Biggins, doremite, irip, buttah, Jackstraw, savemeasammy, powbmps, jhyatt and all others lurking here can make it. Would be really cool if the Magic crowd can make it...DoWork, RustyGroomer, MMP, OrangeGondola and others....
    I’m not able to go the 16th - the boys have indoor soccer that day. My 14 year old has already asked about going to K this spring, so hopefully we will make it at some point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #2306
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    14,006
    I should be down for a K Mini. Single, official no hassle camping is the lot across rte 4/100 at the Skyship base.


    Just about perfect conditions yesterday. Started opening bell w/my friend Michael then collected Lurker Jerry on the way to a posse of seven. Very quiet on the trails and the flat snow lasted quite awhile.

    LJ laying an arc

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220406_104920.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	412300

    Tried to get a picture of the Raven floating over the trail as we skied down Jester but couldn't get the phone out quick enough while skiing along Jester, got a pic of M instead

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220406_125527.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	412301


    Thanks to Jackstraw informing me that my local trails are open I went for an hour ride last evening for the double

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220406_173508.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	412302

    currently 39º and raining bob
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  7. #2307
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    King Ridge
    Posts
    1,746
    Looks like $79 if bought in advance. Are there better deals than that?

    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    PM sent.

  8. #2308
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    7,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post


    Thanks to Jackstraw informing me that my local trails are open I went for an hour ride last evening for the double

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220406_173508.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	412302
    Yeah, you're welcome, although it may have been an ignorant statement on my part not being a local. I don't know if signs are posted or not. Regardless, as a trail builder I'm acutely aware of when trails should be ridden or not and they were absolutely rideable at that time...and I was on my new fatty which is much better for any potential wet conditions that would have come up.

    And btw...Hitchhiker bike shop in Stowe. George, the owner, I'm sure is known by many, is a really nice guy. Was stoked to purchase a bike from him.

  9. #2309
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Almost Mountains
    Posts
    1,392
    Off-topic: Anyone north of the border willing to help with a cross-border freight (motorcycle engine) shipment? Trying to get my R1150GS back on the road, located a good engine for sale in Vancouver but neither I nor the seller particularly want to deal with trying to ship a motorcycle engine across the border. Hoping to find someone who can receive the freight shipment and help me load it in the back of my pickup within a few hours of Bethel, Maine.

  10. #2310
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Off-topic: Anyone north of the border willing to help with a cross-border freight (motorcycle engine) shipment? Trying to get my R1150GS back on the road, located a good engine for sale in Vancouver but neither I nor the seller particularly want to deal with trying to ship a motorcycle engine across the border. Hoping to find someone who can receive the freight shipment and help me load it in the back of my pickup within a few hours of Bethel, Maine.
    Willing to help out. MTL is about 4-5 hours away. Although city/apartment living might not accommodate such a large package shipment (maybe i'm imagining this to be larger than it should be?). I don't have a garage or any outdoor storage space. feel free to pm
    24° 06°

  11. #2311
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,202
    Created a separate thread for the mini on 4/16 at the Beast
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Saturday-4-16

  12. #2312
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,805
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9020032D-64B9-4388-A4E0-F548FC80122A.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	422.7 KB 
ID:	412362

    I asked if the Alterra using my pic = a free pass

    They laughed.

  13. #2313
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,610
    Nicely done in the biathlon, VT-F!

  14. #2314
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    95
    Made a video edit... VLOG style instead of a highlight reel but had fun:

    https://youtu.be/IvYnnZcXQcg

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 8.07.16 PM.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	412392
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 8.07.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	412393
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 8.07.35 PM.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	412394
    In search of some powder.

  15. #2315
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    14,006
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, you're welcome, although it may have been an ignorant statement on my part not being a local. I don't know if signs are posted or not. Regardless, as a trail builder I'm acutely aware of when trails should be ridden or not and they were absolutely rideable at that time...and I was on my new fatty which is much better for any potential wet conditions that would have come up.

    And btw...Hitchhiker bike shop in Stowe. George, the owner, I'm sure is known by many, is a really nice guy. Was stoked to purchase a bike from him.

    I was being sarcastic, walked the backyard trails all winter after freeze ups and a couple times a week this spring for exercise and like you know when they are ready. Don't really pay attention to any postings, wherever they are, just know after 30+ years of riding around here where to go. I didn't put the trench in the muddy spots on the lower "jump" trail but there were also a few thousand set up footprints from walkers that were out this spring.


    Confirms what we thought the Sherburne looked like, thanks for sharing





    38º and raining bob with 1 7/16" so far. bush hasn't posted todays report yet and they closed the frozen upper mountain yesterday. Wondering what awaits MNIAW and BH this am?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220408_063741.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1,001.3 KB 
ID:	412430
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  16. #2316
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,610
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    And btw...Hitchhiker bike shop in Stowe. George, the owner, I'm sure is known by many, is a really nice guy. Was stoked to purchase a bike from him.
    I bought some panniers for my wife from George in the Fall. Nice guy. We should leave any further convo about him for Sprocket Rockets.

  17. #2317
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    13,610
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0260.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	801.1 KB 
ID:	412438

    6-8 in val d today at my buddies place....
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  18. #2318
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    7,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I was being sarcastic



    Thought it was an odd statement from you! fucker!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I bought some panniers for my wife from George in the Fall. Nice guy. We should leave any further convo about him for Sprocket Rockets.
    right on

  19. #2319
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I
    Confirms what we thought the Sherburne looked like, thanks for sharing





    38º and raining bob with 1 7/16" so far. bush hasn't posted todays report yet and they closed the frozen upper mountain yesterday. Wondering what awaits MNIAW and BH this am?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220408_063741.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1,001.3 KB 
ID:	412430
    Yep pretty rough for this time of year! Thanks for posting the embedded link!

    Enjoy Kmart guys

  20. #2320
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,301
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3624.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	412541

    Shirtless I presume


    Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

  21. #2321
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9020032D-64B9-4388-A4E0-F548FC80122A.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	422.7 KB 
ID:	412362

    I asked if the Alterra using my pic = a free pass

    They laughed.
    That’s not a laughing matter. If they don’t have a signed model release, they are crossing a real legal line. Non MR ok for editorial, not for advertising. The value they are receiving goes way beyond a season pass. Did they pay the photographer or assume his value was free also?

    Although I’ve been out of that business 20 years so maybe things are different, but I doubt it.

  22. #2322
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    That’s not a laughing matter. If they don’t have a signed model release, they are crossing a real legal line. Non MR ok for editorial, not for advertising. The value they are receiving goes way beyond a season pass. Did they pay the photographer or assume his value was free also?

    Although I’ve been out of that business 20 years so maybe things are different, but I doubt it.
    A lot has changed in 20 years.
    If you post a pic on Facebook or other social media, they own it. That's the terms and conditions when you join.
    They can sell it without notifying you.
    My buddy learned this when he saw himself on the back of a bus on an advertisement.
    Ikon paid for that pic, just not to you.
    Pro photographer usually watermark pics they share online.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

  23. #2323
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,610
    We are only a foot behind average at the snow stake at this point. That’s about as close to avg as we’ve been all season.

  24. #2324
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,438
    $teaux was surprisingly good today. Powder/paste/corn and nuking most of the am.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  25. #2325
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9020032D-64B9-4388-A4E0-F548FC80122A.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	422.7 KB 
ID:	412362

    I asked if the Alterra using my pic = a free pass

    They laughed.
    Perfect hard carvin dentist pic. Definitely a Stratton condo owner there.

    I expect we’ll be seeing a lot of these outfits on the hill next year after all those Connecticut dentists see this.

    that’s the most ‘tell me you want your picture taken without telling me you want your picture taken’ outfit I’ve ever seen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •