Page 97 of 129 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3201
    ^^^ just a flesh wound!
    might just epoxy, like last year's pow day snow snake somersault suprise.
    this one was only noticed back at car for food break.

i did use the template for the big one. ultimately modified with that wide, lengthwise joint as it solved the issue of the edge of new base peeling away.

Nicely done buddy! Oh that looks fine. Catwalk to downdraft. All day long!

I’m definitely pulling a spring pass when I grow up!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Nicely done buddy! Oh that looks fine. Catwalk to downdraft. All day long!
    almost hiked up catwalk! downdraft and escapade were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I’m definitely pulling a spring pass when I grow up!

They jacked the price up $100 this year. Too rich for my blood. With 5 days on Ikon Base (1 left and reserved for Day 100) and a free Express Card ($39.50 on weekdays after 4/25) I'd have to ski more than 9 days to break even. And the price of gas is additive to my math....

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^^ just a flesh wound!
    might just epoxy, like last year's pow day snow snake somersault suprise.
    this one was only noticed back at car for food break.

i did use the template for the big one. ultimately modified with that wide, lengthwise joint as it solved the issue of the edge of new base peeling away.
    get some of Splat's magic goo and rub it in, that'll buff right out

hmm. never used, but splat did provide me with that piece of base for the big repair. will have to look into his repair goo...
    i have about 120 full days in that patch and after the early widening of the lengthwise joint (into a sort of keystone), i've never had to even think about it.
    so the little scratch will just be more epoxy-customizing of my bases.

Wasn’t the K spring pass like $169 before? Two days paid for itself. Now I agree, too rich for my blood at $329 or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    They jacked the price up $100 this year. Too rich for my blood. With 5 days on Ikon Base (1 left and reserved for Day 100) and a free Express Card ($39.50 on weekdays after 4/25) I'd have to ski more than 9 days to break even. And the price of gas is additive to my math....
    What is the Express card and is it still available? I have a spring pass, but a friend is out of days and done for the season unless she gets a good deal on passes.

Express pass is free for veterans.

Spring Pass now $369. I think I paid $179 when I started buying it 5 years ago.

Can’t buy an Express Card any more (sales ended in early December). I think you can still get one if you’re a vet. Gives you 50% off on weekdays and 25% off on weekends. I think K goes to weekends only after May 1.

That high elevation snow looks great Bucket, Glad you got some. Killington spokesperson on a news story about the storm confirmed 7 day until May 1 then Fri-Sun until Memorial Day.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Though $369 is still good for a long season, and you know Kmart makes the effort to literally Go As late as possible, it still sucks to see a $200 increase in just a couple season. Will be $569 for spring pass in two more years at the rate inflation is going now.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVE2SKI View Post
    Though $369 is still good for a long season, and you know Kmart makes the effort to literally Go As late as possible, it still sucks to see a $200 increase in just a couple season. Will be $569 for spring pass in two more years at the rate inflation is going now.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post...the Spring Pass isn't good until March 15. So really 2.5 months and a month of that is 1 trail. It was a good deal at $169, $179, and even $259 but a $100 price hike (38%) from last year to this year is too much

^especially since you ski down to a big food truck marked “TACOS” & they are serving only burgers.

That's ^^ funny and disappointing at the same time.

Some light coming in from the east, otherwise a murky morning bob.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220422_062803.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	413937
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I was surprised that Jay wasn't scooped up before early pass deadlines started to expire.

Looks like I am rolling with the passe partout again next year (and maybe an indy?). If anyone is thinking about Quebec roadtrips now that covid rules are disappearing it's a great deal, pays for itself in a couple of days.

Anyone hear anything about Burke/Jay?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    I was surprised that Jay wasn't scooped up before early pass deadlines started to expire.

Looks like I am rolling with the passe partout again next year (and maybe an indy?). If anyone is thinking about Quebec roadtrips now that covid rules are disappearing it's a great deal, pays for itself in a couple of days.

I know they are not offering a combined pass next year. Which is a bummer for me. My sense is Jay is well along their way to a purchase deal that does not include Burke.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    I've heard its not Vail (thank god), and its down to 2 potential buyers as of like 6 weeks ago. They're not being sold as a package deal, Jay is pending and will probably get finalized soon, but haven't heard anything significant about Burke.

I'll bring a bottle of Jamo to the tailgate party tomorrow and see if I can sweet talk Steve Wright into dishin' out some more insider info.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Any mags at Killington tomorrow or Bush on Sunday? Former $teaux-ite, now on IKON, making some turns this weekend, sharing beverages/herbal to like minded shredders

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    every time i read an article projecting problems by end of (or even mid) century i smell an editorial decision to not panic or depress people, too much.

many NE skiers might suggest we're already in a state of winter depletion (or see california for how much worse things could get without a reliable robust snowpack for too many years in a row)

2005 is the last year we had a snowpack here in the valley, continuously from first snow in december to march...but for me that was a throwback to northern NJ in the late 70s when we seemed to always have snow to sled on.
    Last edited by buckethead; 04-22-2022 at 04:07 PM.

I’m getting a sense that getting out of the plowing business down here and planning on a spring pass for K that starts in February makes sense in a few years!
    What a great time to be alive!

I gotta say HG has provided me with some stellar turns this year when broken but today, not so much.

"Please note, Heaven's Gate will not open on time today. Upon inspection, maintenance saw an alignment issue on the lift and they’re working hard to replace a tower assembly this morning. We hope to have it open this afternoon, and we will continue to provide updates here as the day progresses. Patrol will be assessing whether we can open Jester for hiking and skinning based on our maintenance operations up there. Weekend hours will have Super Bravo spinning 9am-5pm and Valley House spinning 10am-4pm."

Cat on a string yesterday afternoon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220422_192343.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	414062
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Skiing is still fun.