Page 89 of 129 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3201
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    northern lights have been going off. anyone get some?
    Short answer is no... too cloudy

Name:  cloudy.JPG
Views: 692
Size:  50.3 KB

I'm hoping for a long enough break in the clouds Saturday that lines up with the timing of the impact of the CME from yesterday's x-class solar flare.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Jeezuz...vail so sucks
    that they do.
    i remember doing many spring days at stowe in the '00s - when the ticket prices dropped daily (or weekly?) counting down to closing day.

about 8 years back skiied closing day with fussy dutchman and his crew and i believe they hit us up for $96 per.
    haven't been back since.

went to mt snow for a ski club discounted pow day more recently. vail had just bought the place and failed to honor the club discount OR let the ski club know ahead of time. $99 for a place i only went to for the discount.

support the indies while you can!
    Last edited by buckethead; 03-31-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Yeah, Stowe has always been elite since AIG owns (owned) them, but Vail has taken it to another level. I've only worked for two mountains directly, Stowe and Taos. They were worlds apart on how they operated. Not giving Mickey too much credit because he was an asshole, but his management team was awesome, including my gf at the time.

edit - I forgot about my short stint at Squaw. It wasn't snowing and my gf flew into town so I asked for a couple days off to go to Santa Cruz which I had covered by another employee. It was denied...so I went to Santa Cruz and never went back. So yeah, they suck too.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    My soup will be hot water, ketchup, mustard and relish.
    I’m always brewing my own batch….
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4371.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	411511

^ a little dirt in those tracks but it's snow.
    mud season has returned to platts, and points north as expected.:0(

burning skis in my mind for possible snow april 9-11

Eying a possible J day Saturday with the border BS easing and 55$ CDN pesos at par deal.

Any friendly strangers around to hook a dum canuck up? Is it just gonna be dust on crust?

Other option is to head north where, oddly, it seems it will be more springlike.
    27° 18°

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Eying a possible J day Saturday with the border BS easing and 55$ CDN pesos at par deal.

Any friendly strangers around to hook a dum canuck up? Is it just gonna be dust on crust?

Other option is to head north where, oddly, it seems it will be more springlike.
    Read doremite’s update from yesterday. Sounds as good as it gets for late March.

edit - I also got a report of another friend who did a Dip run to the traverse without hitting anything.

cool thx, sounds promising. Sure do miss a trip to VT.
    27° 18°

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    cool thx, sounds promising. Sure do miss a trip to VT.
    Not to be a dick about to but it was great Wednesday. Today it pissed rain I believe with more on the way tonight but the snow structure was dense so as long as it didn’t heat up too much I wouldn’t be surprised if they stay close to 100% open all weekend. You’ll want spring temps tho. Woods stretching east beyond Timbuktu were definitely skiing well.
    Uno mas

While I can’t speak for Jay woods or terrain, it’s warm, has been warm for over 12 hours. 9am near the top of Mansfield, t’was above freezing with a snow structure that yesterday was over boot light powder. Yesterdays powder, today’s deep manky cement. It started raining lightly around 11:30ish, picked up around to a nice drizzle around 2-3ish. If it gets cold, warms tomorrow, cold again, and warm plus sun, Saturday could be a classic ski the upper woods corntastic fun fest of corny corn corn. Lower down is shit and this morn what was skiable was bare by 11.

That sounds quite a - peelin’

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

lol indeed!

No, not being a dick at all. Thx for the detailed deets fellas. Echoes my thinking. Keeping an eye on temps and hoping for maximum cornage. Worst case if I head that way is score some good beers, a sandwhich, maybe even some soup.

It was interesting watching the webcam timelapse go from frosty to soupy to dark n spooky looking.
    27° 18°

Tuesdays fluffy powder transitioned into a mixed bag Wednesday, not helped by the bush continuing wins dumbass 10am midweek opening.

Said a prayer hoping for the best

Name:	20220330_105746.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	411590

"Lost" Lurker Jerry who pulled off to the side of the LT 50' from the exit to take a whiz. Didn't see his stealthy attire and looped around to our agreed Rumble. Ended up soloing and other than a patrol check track found a mix of deep fluff and mildly manky suncooked.

Name:	20220330_111621.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	4.19 MB 
ID:	411591

Good time was had

Name:	20220330_112154.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	411592

Name:	20220330_112030.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	411594

LJ hooked up with KB who was right behind us and after they gave up looking for me went down ME, finding me waiting near the lift. We went back for another and it was very manky except for the shady areas.

Name:	20220330_123356.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	411593

Out yesterday on the Race Tigers zooming around in the slop looking for corn. Ripcord was bereft of corn, snow sounded like driving through slush. Found Surface Whore and Scot, compared notes and rode around getting good turns here and there. Surface was keeping an eye on the radar but I got caught out riding GH heading home.

Name:	20220331_123912.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	750.7 KB 
ID:	411583

Not going to be any corn skiing tomorrow kids after it snows tonight. 50/50 chance of light powder or uncooked skiing tomorrow. I am going with Tuesday being the day to break out the butter.

Must have rained an inch+[forgot to put out the gauge] yesterday afternoon/overnight. 50º bob at 10:30 with a brisk wind, looking at the woods out the window shows all of the latest new snow plus has melted. Trail count dropped again w/GH on its last legs.

Name:	20220401_083949.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	922.9 KB 
ID:	411589

Currently 3 cats on Fling smoothing it out. Hopefully it doesn't freeze up before 10, mid/lower temps have dropped 3º the last 3 hours with the summit holding steady at 32º. Socked in down to top of Bravo as well.

Latest sticker stoke

This is an oddity, anyone ever ski here?

Name:	20220326_104802.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	411588

Stop stepping on my skis

Name:	20220326_100655.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	411586

and

Name:	20220326_100650.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	411585

Likely here to check on the soup situation

Name:	20220331_113935.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	613.9 KB 
ID:	411587
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Sunapee is showing a season total of 59". That's deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That's interesting -
    "One wrinkle is that, according to earlier published reports, the covenant on the property attached after Jiminy Peak's ownership forbids “public downhill skiing.”

And this would be hysterical...snowboarding only!

"Additionally, the sales brochure said it could be used for “snowboarding” or cross country skiing. It was unclear whether the covenant could be interpreted as banning skiing but not snowboarding, which would likely be up to lawyers to hash out."

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I feel so
    Mich better about buying an epic pass now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    That's interesting -
    "One wrinkle is that, according to earlier published reports, the covenant on the property attached after Jiminy Peak's ownership forbids “public downhill skiing.”

And this would be hysterical...snowboarding only!

"Additionally, the sales brochure said it could be used for “snowboarding” or cross country skiing. It was unclear whether the covenant could be interpreted as banning skiing but not snowboarding, which would likely be up to lawyers to hash out."
    ^^ an easy club membership model might work. club membership dues included in lift ticket price. no longer public?
    Last edited by buckethead; 04-01-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^ an easy club membership model might work. club membership durs included in lift ticket price. no longer public?
    Sort of like the old Utah drinking clubs of yore.

Vt free again dropping in to the stacked zone. This smacks of taunting! Especially after he puts his foot down on the harvest tomorrow! Cmon man!

I’ve got an empty cup and I’ll find lemons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ 3-7" and sunny
    sounds to me like late-season gold.
    lemonade icy and cold.

taunting yes, but it beats watching the webcams.
    another promising stretch evaporated.

...on to winter #6

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Sort of like the old Utah drinking clubs of yore.
    yes, and presumably not like the club haystack became.

just in: plattekill and MRG are officially done for the season.

well, last sunday was among the best closing days i've attended.
    was still snowing when i left, tracks were filled in by morning...but of course thursday happened. cold again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4577CB99-34C7-4CBB-9444-FD2BB1917FAF.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	769.0 KB 
ID:	411668  
    Last edited by buckethead; 04-01-2022 at 07:18 PM.

^^looks good BH. My first year ever of not skiing once in the Catskills. I wonder how Brodie will try to position itself- yet another family-friendly place in the Berks or something different. I bet the no public downhill skiing thing must be getting worked out with the lawyers for the sale to even happen. Hope that it works out for them and they can make it work and add something new to the area.

^^ hey lemmy. where did you ski this season?
    i'd like to say i skied some of woods at platts you may have helped clear but other than some short traverses.a far cry from years where it was hard to stay out of 'em!

hearing brodie's steep so hoping they create a more wild snow-friendly niche.