Page 111 of 129 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3201
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Tell us how you really feel

He and his extended family are local to the seacoast, so yeah, there's some history here. And I don't like any GOP'er right now.

Got this from my dad after I sent him Stuart Winchester's piece "Band of Nitwits Hijacks Gunstock"

Nitwits is an understatement. Most, if not all, recently arrived from another state; are Trump-supporting utra-cons and have been rude, nitpicking nitwits. I know one, Doug Lambert, a welder whose father bought him a Dunkin franchise and he could not handle it after one month of "managing" it. He's also a radical right-wing blogger whose opinions are seldom based on fact.

So there you have it....

edit to add: My father is a pretty staunch Libertarian and has no use for either political party...I think his opinions are pretty unbiased.

Got this from my dad after I sent him Stuart Winchester's piece "Band of Nitwits Hijacks Gunstock"

Nitwits is an understatement. Most, if not all, recently arrived from another state; are Trump-supporting utra-cons and have been rude, nitpicking nitwits. I know one, Doug Lambert, a welder whose father bought him a Dunkin franchise and he could not handle it after one month of "managing" it. He's also a radical right-wing blogger whose opinions are seldom based on fact.

So there you have it....

edit to add: My father is a pretty staunch Libertarian and has no use for either political party...I think his opinions are pretty unbiased.
    Sounds like they are some Nattering Nabobs of Negativism!!!!!

I'm technically an independent. I'm probably a little more fiscally conservative than some, but I'm liberal as fuck when it comes to social issues. I don't agree with all the Libertarian beliefs whereas they typically would want less government involved in everything. I just think there is a need to support the less fortunate and having a governing body to do so is necessary. Not ideal, but necessary to have a functioning society. That is probably where I'm fiscally liberal. We need to help the less fortunate. A lot of people disagree with me and I get it - "That lazy pos doesn't deserve gov handouts because..." It's not a blanket deal. Take the good with the bad. I will generally flip it back to the white collar crooks who take millions vs the guy barely surviving and receiving food stamps or whatever.

So is it ski season yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    So is it ski season yet?
    nope, but the days are getting noticeably shorter
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    nope, but the days are getting noticeably shorter
    AND that fucking sweltering heat wave just broke, so there's that, too.

fuck Sununu and his whole fucktard family. He's ruined some of the best side country in New England.
    RIP Mittersill.
    FIFY

Seems like two will get the axe. What a junkshow.

https://www.businessnhmagazine.com/a...out-of-meeting

Seems like two will get the axe. What a junkshow.

https://www.businessnhmagazine.com/a...out-of-meeting
    I'm sure two will. Which two remains an open question after the meeting that had a possible removal vote on the schedule for postponed and a revised agenda without a possible vote released. Seems like the politicians who support the two who walked out may be trying to come up with a plan that doesn't involve removing those commissioners, or at least want to make it look like they tried to avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Edit: well, Ness resigned, so that's one down:

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...384eb0a5a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    AND that fucking sweltering heat wave just broke, so there's that, too.

here it comes again…. 90 days or so til Kmart spins em.

On a more positive note...

Drove by Granite Gorge today. Big sign out front proclaiming they will open this winter. Chairs off the summit lift for inspection. I'd give 'er a go. Front trails toward the bottom are pretty steep and narrow.

Drove by Granite Gorge today. Big sign out front proclaiming they will open this winter. Chairs off the summit lift for inspection. I'd give 'er a go. Front trails toward the bottom are pretty steep and narrow.
    Didja stop in Stoddard to dig for old bottles?????

I technically live in Stoddard (pay property taxes there) but I'll leave the archaeology to the pros....

I technically live in Stoddard (pay property taxes there) but I'll leave the archaeology to the pros....
    NEVER trust a pro in 2022. You just need a little "internet research" and you'll be all set.

And 10e is opening back up also. I hope is snows for all these smaller hills...and bigger ones too. I just hope it snows!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    $58M seems quite cheap. What does it include/exclude? Any/all of land, lifts, infrastructure, equipment, hotel, water park?

The water park alone was $25M seven years ago.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    $58M seems quite cheap. What does it include/exclude? Any/all of land, lifts, infrastructure, equipment, hotel, water park?

The water park alone was $25M seven years ago.
    I assume all assets. I don’t believe golf hotels water park etc are separately owned. Maybe a low ball to smoke out more serious bidders. I have never looked at their financials, not even sure if they are public.
    Uno mas

Who rocks the Volvo with Mass plate:
    SKI UTH
    Followed you up from the Cape today.... Benny move to Mass.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I assume all assets. I don’t believe golf hotels water park etc are separately owned. Maybe a low ball to smoke out more serious bidders. I have never looked at their financials, not even sure if they are public.
    Pretty tough to unseat the stalking horse in this type of sale process. They have a significant advantage in terms of the amount of information and access to mgmt they have received and the time they have spent looking at the business. There is also a breakup fee that they are entitled to if this goes to someone else, which I believe is $1.25 mm in this case, so a competing bid needs to be > $58 mm + $1.25 mm to be considered by the receiver. Vail or Alterra dont seem to be focused on this - if either was, they would have been fighting to be the stalking horse.

The sale will include everything currently owned by Jay Peak, it's a package deal, no holdbacks. Certainly will be interesting if this shakes other bidders out of the trees.
    This group would be OK with me as I have 0 [zero] desire for Alterra to buy Jay, there are already more Klowns skiing here than we need without adding another slice of the eastern pie. The statement that Jay is the most redeemed mountain on the Indy pass was surprising.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I think that Jay was the most redeemed Indy pass reflects a demographic that is Boston centered and willing to drive for pow. Curious how the Indy pass evolves. If this sale goes through it will likely be Jays last year

The numbers for the sale of Jay add up, although my personal belief is that I do think $58M is low

I remember reading these figures a while back:
    - Total assets were assessed at $121M
    - Receiver trying to reduce the assessed value down to $58.5M to help sale
    - Estimated sale price ~$95M

At $121M per year they were paying ~$3M in taxes to the town/county/state, which I'm sure went a long way for local infrastructure, etc., it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out

Edit to Add: I'm just happy it's not Ikon or Epic
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Former mgmt rehired; Strang removed

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/...open-tomorrow/