Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Ha, first thing I thought when i saw that was that was a chunk of change. I'd be broke if i ate like that on the hill. Looks tasty though.

I need a pair of telemark boots. I'm in Syracuse and expecting a drive to find them. I have gotten equipment in the past in NH and VT. Anyone know any shops upstate? I have already contacted The Mountaineer in Keene Valley, they didn't have what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    I need a pair of telemark boots. I'm in Syracuse and expecting a drive to find them. I have gotten equipment in the past in NH and VT. Anyone know any shops upstate? I have already contacted The Mountaineer in Keene Valley, they didn't have what I was looking for.
    Maybe try High Adventure Ski & Bike in Colonie near the Albany Airport. I haven't used them myself so can't vouch but it seems like they carry some BC gear.

High adventure or I got scarpa tx pros at idylwild ski shop near elk mt. About 2 hrs from syr. I’ve heard there’s a shop in ithaca that carries tele gear too

Thanks guys!

What's up with the sugarbush heli skiing sign at golf course Rd and access Rd? Next to the sugar cube.
    I'm assuming it's a joke.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Been there on and off for years. A joke just like that stuffed guard dog in the window.
    Only regular copter service at the bush is DART.

I would think that with today's rain it's going to take a miracle for the World Cup to happen at Killington. Doesn't the FIS come in and pre approve the course a week or two before?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I would think that with today's rain it's going to take a miracle for the World Cup to happen at Killington. Doesn't the FIS come in and pre approve the course a week or two before?
    Can't find anything for this year, but fwiw in 2017 it was 10 days before the race.
    Gonna be pretty tight if they do get cold temps. The foot of hot rain we are getting right now certainly isn't helping

Good Hickory news, but it sounds like if you want to ski there it's worth dropping your email into the form on their site.

https://nyskiblog.com/hickory-ski-ce...ing-plan-2021/

The place has incredible skiing potential, just add snow and money.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Interview with Jared Emerson , Director of Mountain Ops at Saddleback, about losing it and bringing it back to life:

https://www.sunjournal.com/2021/11/1...CC0RV6KGMS0-S8

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The Saturday to Wednesday window should seal the deal for a go. It looks to get cold again Friday for some length of time. Not sure if they factor in future snowmaking production. But again I think by Wednesday they will be set to pass snow control, though not done with their work.

don't they also need to get skyelark open for practice/training runs?

Every year Bunz sits on his hill rubbing his hands together like The Grinch hoping K doesn't make it for the FIS race.

bush usually hosts some teams for practice but doubt that will happen this year.

Skadi is helping and the weather looks like a great push will commence.

F'cast from 3400'

TonightA 20 percent chance of showers before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 21 mph.

SaturdayA chance of rain showers before 3pm, then rain and snow showers likely between 3pm and 4pm, then snow after 4pm. High near 38. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday NightSnow before 7pm, then a chance of snow showers, mainly between 7pm and 5am. Low around 27. Windy, with a south wind 16 to 26 mph becoming west 29 to 39 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

SundayMostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Very windy, with a west wind 33 to 43 mph decreasing to 17 to 27 mph.

Sunday NightA 50 percent chance of snow showers after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Breezy, with a south wind 14 to 21 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

MondayA 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 22 mph.

Monday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 32 mph.

TuesdayPartly sunny, with a high near 25. Windy, with a west wind 27 to 32 mph decreasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Tuesday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 22. Northwest wind around 18 mph.

WednesdayMostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Breezy, with a southwest wind 17 to 23 mph.

Wednesday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 39 mph.

ThursdayA 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Windy, with a southwest wind 34 to 37 mph.

Thursday NightA chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Very windy, with a west wind 33 to 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

FridayMostly sunny, with a high near 32. Windy, with a west wind 33 to 39 mph.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Don’t forget to pick up your 4pass today…..

https://skivermont.com/ski-vermont-4-pass-information
    Sold out…..I had some in my cart/lost track of time….just went back online to purchase/and are all sold out…

Snooze….I lose…

The turn?

Temp has dropped 11 degrees in the last hour and we now have a coating of snow on our cars at the Base o' Magic.

And so it begins on the Tuckermanzeenie InstaFace pages. “Anyone been up recently? I’ve seen some snow from the observatory posts, but wondering how soon before it might be skiable.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dumping some big fat flakes here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My windshield is half covered in slush @ ~800ft. Moght have to make some turns tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Bot of slop bob, looks like more tob

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211113_194945.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	392614
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

BoM this AM:

Name:	IMG_0764.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1,008.7 KB 
ID:	392639
    For those familiar with Magic, there was a frosting all the way to the lower timing shack on Show Off

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Sports Page in Glens Falls. Not sure what you are looking for brand wise. Inventory is tight everywhere I think. I've got a pair of Scarpa TX Pros on order with them since June. Hope they come soon.

Richard is an EXCELLENT boot fitter too.

Prime fastgrass this morning at MRG. Some of the turns on Cat Bowl resembled real skiing (if you used your imagination). A good time was had by all.

Name:	DSC00302.jpeg 
Views:	146 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	392676

There was a sold 4" out behind Stratton. This morning.

Very thicc

MRG not yet skied out? Damn.

Nice to see some snow in da hillz. i hear skiin is fun
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.