Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ^^^ saw this mulling over a hike. They were shutting off the last guns on OG at the DS intersection around 12:30. Broke out the binoculars to scope the conditions. FKNHell! all sorts of weird channels, hundreds of footprints, a couple of visibly soggy spots[I know where the water ice underlayment will be] .
    Gonna have to wait or head to Monday 4 a fix.

Spring is here

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Damn, that season was a blur and went fast!

Took a short hike at the River today to check out the (lack of) progress. T2 and the top 1/2 or 2/3 of Right Stuff looked to be plenty skiable, and the top 1/3 of Sunday Punch looked skiable enough, but there wasn't much below there—just a patch at each gun that had been on. Looked like they had been trying to T2B with some snow made on Cascades, Monday Mourning, Punch and Right Stuff. Natural dusting and/or heavy frost still evident in plenty of shady spots, even near the bottom of Tempest.

I didn't go above Grand Junction after considering what the ledgey stuff was going to be like on my planned route across White Cap, Locke and Barker, and I was pretty glad I didn't when the refrozen water flow across the work road at the top of the cross course proved exciting.

Even nearing noon, Roadrunner was still frozen solid in the shade, but my truck was showing 51 degrees after sitting in the sun. I'm not quite sure what to think about snow preservation this week.

help us grow the next crop of ski bums.... get them damn kids out on some skis this year!

https://skivermont.com/fifth-grade-passport

https://www.skinh.com/passport

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    [...]Walked outside yesterday to the roar of air and thought snowmaking had started. Went to job site at Snow Creek and saw no guns running but what sounded like a giant air leak near Steins. Couple hours later stepped outside and could hear the clanky rattling of an excavator on Gondolier. Leak fixed and guns pumping it out on Jester this morning.
    ^^^ saw this mulling over a hike. They were shutting off the last guns on OG at the DS intersection around 12:30. Broke out the binoculars to scope the conditions. FKNHell! all sorts of weird channels, hundreds of footprints, a couple of visibly soggy spots[I know where the water ice underlayment will be] .
    Gonna have to wait or head to Monday 4 a fix.
    Did they lay down enough of a McSludge base to make it sorta skiable this week?
    (And do they care about pre-season poaching during temps far too warm to have snowmaking in progress?)
    This looks like an impressive effort on Jester:
    https://www.facebook.com/Sugarbush.V...9481280614147/
    ... but could have also just been a test that didn't amount to much, as I discovered at Stratton on Saturday.
    Combined with my $teux outing, figure I'm on a roll to conduct a sampler tour of some of the most marginal skiing that Vermont has to offer for early November this year!
    (I even tried some frost nordic skiing yesterday morning in my backyard, but alas the frost wasn't *quite* thick enough for good glide, although I had mowed the lawn recently in anticipation of frost skiing.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

If you want a hot date with Skaadi with the cover so thin, you need to make a better offering. Here’s a little something from the volcanos of Central OR to get the snow flying in earnest.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	905F3CD3-02D5-4FA6-827E-16646C6A1A0F.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	391957

Disappointed Booner hasn’t helped y’all out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Did they lay down enough of a McSludge base to make it sorta skiable this week?
    (And do they care about pre-season poaching during temps far too warm to have snowmaking in progress?)
    This looks like an impressive effort on Jester:
    https://www.facebook.com/Sugarbush.V...9481280614147/
    ... but could have also just been a test that didn't amount to much, as I discovered at Stratton on Saturday.
    Combined with my $teux outing, figure I'm on a roll to conduct a sampler tour of some of the most marginal skiing that Vermont has to offer for early November this year!
    (I even tried some frost nordic skiing yesterday morning in my backyard, but alas the frost wasn't *quite* thick enough for good glide, although I had mowed the lawn recently in anticipation of frost skiing.)
    I would think McSludge skiing would be possible. Jester had more time under the guns, Upper OG is wall2wall but not very deep from what I could see. Not likely to be much activity until it gets cold again. Officially verboten activty,,,but.... don't park at the base and suit up.

Name:	20211108_151723.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	449.8 KB 
ID:	392036
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Fun time in the sun skiing the trail and a half at Killington with MyNameisAugustWest today. Plenty of people around but good gaps between others made for incident free laps around the wheel. Got lazy cross sloping and hooked my uphill ski to get that first fall out of the way. Was great to see MNIAW, have a brew and chat for a few hours of skiing.

Name:	20211108_182121.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	392039
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Not just any beer...

Name:	Killington 11-8-2021 B.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	986.8 KB 
ID:	392050
    Always fun to meet up with EC Mags...

Prepping for the WC:

Name:	Superstar 11-8-2021.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	823.6 KB 
ID:	392051

I would think McSludge skiing would be possible. Jester had more time under the guns, Upper OG is wall2wall but not very deep from what I could see. Not likely to be much activity until it gets cold again. Officially verboten activty,,,but.... don't park at the base and suit up.
    Wow, thanks, that sounds pretty good!
    (Or is it just that I sound pretty desperate by now?)

So I was thinking of hiking up Snowball until I reach Allyn's Lodge, then skinning up Jester.
    For parking somewhat discreetly, I was thinking that I could get away with parking here:
    192 Upper Snow Creek Rd, Warren, VT 05674
    ... at this time of year, even though during the season it must be a tow zone sans permit?
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Wow, thanks, that sounds pretty good!
    (Or is it just that I sound pretty desperate by now?)

So I was thinking of hiking up Snowball until I reach Allyn's Lodge, then skinning up Jester.
    For parking somewhat discreetly, I was thinking that I could get away with parking here:
    192 Upper Snow Creek Rd, Warren, VT 05674
    ... at this time of year, even though during the season it must be a tow zone sans permit?
    Sent you a pm
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Nice work grabbing some turns Laps and Ayo!

First night below freezing here on the Coast in the homeland of the People of the Dawn. And so a new season begins!

Be well and hope to ski you soon…

great pic

Killington tomorrow for Veteran's Day. If you're a vet, you ski free (bring some form of proof i.e DD214, VA ID card or whatever). Goniff and I will be there as will lurker Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Killington tomorrow for Veteran's Day. Goniff and I will be there as will lurker Bill.
    I plan to be out there as well, I'll holler about change for a nickel in the lift line and maybe we'll cross paths
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

^^ Goniff and I will be there. I'll be in a Black Cherry Freeride Systems Jacket and pants that Marmot calls Mars Red. Grey beard.

what time is the damn ticket office open?

Name:	14C98653-BE27-4258-BD80-FFEC5BE270BC.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	824.8 KB 
ID:	392314

8:30 on the fucking dot apparently.

Name:	96A67154-8FA8-441A-A593-BA4AE7183BF2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	814.4 KB 
ID:	392320

Don’t forget to pick up your 4pass today…..

https://skivermont.com/ski-vermont-4-pass-information

That's a pretty good deal to try some places not on the Ikon. I've never heard of this before. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

Name:	96A67154-8FA8-441A-A593-BA4AE7183BF2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	814.4 KB 
ID:	392320
    This guys got a LOCK on it.

I'm super excited for what will be my first real winter living in the mountains. Hoping for plenty of snow.

Today was an absolute shitshow. True example of the WROD.

Lunch in the Peak Lodge on the other hand....

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	392361

Met up with the K-Zone crowd after lunch in the latest iteration of the 802 Bus in Bay 1. I can report that it was safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Today was an absolute shitshow. True example of the WROD.

Lunch in the Peak Lodge on the other hand....

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	392361

Met up with the K-Zone crowd after lunch in the latest iteration of the 802 Bus in Bay 1. I can report that it was safe.
    Looks like a yummy way to spend $200🥸🤷♀️

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums