Page 65 of 129 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3201
    Just back from the Mines de Madeleine. Will try to get some more pictures up later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52B95FF1-B647-4F20-8F91-E67EE59DC19F.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	447.9 KB 
ID:	406717

Well that one is a good start

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Well that one is a good start

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Are you suggesting it doesn't look quite like that at The Loaf??????

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

I was hoping for a repeat of yesterday’s goodness, but got the aspect wrong. Will be fun ski if we ever get more snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Laps; 02-20-2022 at 07:06 PM.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

you guys have no idea about the street value of this mountain.

Name:	28E16378-56A4-4E81-905A-FFE150EE2AE2-29746-000005D0F89D6952.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	406745

Name:	357B3537-FBDC-42BB-AAA8-6153F04D198B-29746-000005D0CFF85638.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	406746
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Are you suggesting it doesn't look quite like that at The Loaf??????
    Perhaps

Snowmaking fired up for resurfacing the last few days, groomers are in good shape. We lost some snowpack and the woods are effed, but it looks like rain for tomorrow night!

5-8 Friday perhaps the dog door will look like Cat’s pic

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Just back from the Mines de Madeleine. Will try to get some more pictures up later.

Name:	52B95FF1-B647-4F20-8F91-E67EE59DC19F.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	447.9 KB 
ID:	406717
    Awesome week of hut life up there with Cat and his gang!

Didn’t manage to get many photos, but caught a nice view and a sweet sun dog

Name:	IMG_3603.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	406795

Name:	IMG_3642.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	406796

Sign of a good time in the mines.

Name:	IMG_3670.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	406797

What a week!
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    you guys have no idea about the street value of this mountain.
    Epic reference. This mountain is pure SNOOWWW!!

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Awesome week of hut life up there with Cat and his gang!

What a week!
    Strong work. Headed thataway week of March 7th. Spots seemed oddly booked out... is there some kind of Canadian vaca week that week?

Also what's the deal with Madelines? Gotta book that a year out or something?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Epic reference. This mountain is pure SNOOWWW!!

Strong work. Headed thataway week of March 7th. Spots seemed oddly booked out... is there some kind of Canadian vaca week that week?

Also what's the deal with Madelines? Gotta book that a year out or something?
    Could be March break along w Restrictions limiting capacity.

More than a year out.
    27° 18°

^^
    Overall how would you say the CC experience has changed? Obviously more peeps using, and we know the canucks love to outdoor recreate. I've been there 6 times or so but just looked back at old photos and realized it has been 17 years since the last time. Seems I remember you could make a reservation to the Mines around the previous October or so. Now you say it is years out? What about the cat skiing that takes place around the Mines? Have the wildlife preserve areas been relaxed at all on Mt. Albert? The first time or two we went up we skied in a couple of those early drainages that are off limits now and had great skiing. Mt. Lyall looks like it has been worked on, a ski area without lifts in some photos I've seen.

Pressure to reserve the mines hut is way up. Covid changed things this year, but typically over a year in advance.

More restrictions due to Caribou as couple additional areas closed. If you have the ld guidebook, a couple places along the coast are closed on private land.

Mount Lyall has a lot of cutting and is great, but lots of folks go.

Murdochville has the cat operation. Never been

ski chic chocs doesn’t bring peeps to the mines anymore?

If you hire them for the day

They did 2 years ago. In sweet little snowmobile carts. Really fun to ride out in one of those with a bumch of sweaty friends after a day of skiing.

Yeah, it's sort of a mixed blessing having those guys around. Cool if you get to use the service, not as cool if you're in the hut and a bunch of rippers show up with fresh legs to steal the snow.

Anyway, that's at least two cat outfits, but i think those dudes in murdochville roll to mont porphyre (which also sucks when you're calf powered) or they have some other zone with tons of jumps. But that could be someone else.

The weather is starting to look more complicated up here. Sucks. There's tons of base in the laurentians, but the endless packed pow is gone and some of the stuff was pretty reactive on the steeps in the woods from the thaw / freeze (with about 14-20") on top.

Laps and I headed back out today and found some moderate conditions. It started to get grabby and thick at lower elevations. A snowpack 23" below average reminded us of the hobblebush and whippers that are usually buried by late February.

Oh and I highly recommend Francois Roy and the folks at https://vertigo-aventures.com/en/ to find some solitude and killer terrain in the Chic Chocs.

I could easily bury a whole ski pole easily yesterday in the bc. I have a shot of my snowboarder buddy hitting a cliff that looked pretty big a month ago and now looks like some jump that a parade of poleless 4' lemmings would all ski right over.

I am hoping the fortress of winter can remain strong around la reserve for one more storm, I need another midweek lift serve pow day so bad and it seems like this winter could throw in the towel at any point.

what's up with ULLR taking the spring off every year, IS THIS ALL YOU HAVE OLD MAN?

This pic sums up today’s excursion in VT.

But it was skiing, and skiing is fun.

rockin twig (tree?!) stoke
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Name:	BD61407F-69FB-4AF9-922E-A5B82997C0F1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	694.0 KB 
ID:	406894

groomtacular 5 hr sesh at local hill.
    flat. fast. fun skiing.
    Last edited by buckethead; 02-21-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Zoom zoom

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Peruvian and I headed out to find where all the snow had blown into, and we were marginally successful.
    And the lines didn’t even look that bad from up here.
    I've never seen Okemo from that angle.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Little road trip w/ my daughter (8), skied Fri & Sat at Okemo for my first time in ~15 yrs then Sunday at Mount Snow for first time ever. First real trip to VT for her, was pretty impressed she knocked out 3 days of ~15k vertical each in less than ideal conditions and other than a few breaks for the cold was excited the entire time.

Friday was a mess as expected after the rain and flash freeze, but made the best of it on Jackson Gore & Solitude chairs mostly, as the whole upper mountain was closed, until about 3 where we had some new snowmaking on top of some crust. Made for better picture (page or 2 back) than it actually skied, but my ski partner wanted to ski some powder so who am I to stop her. Apres Ski hit the beer store in Ludlow for some take-home via VT brews we can't get down south and then Goodman's Pizza which was pretty good.

Saturday was actually pretty impressed with Okemo's grooming and snowmaking, first groomer laps where really quite good off the bubble 6-pack. As the crowds increased and it started snowing headed over to South Face for a while, unfortunately no Double Blacks open (understandably) which was a goal she wanted to check off. Few inches stared piling up and she's long figured out that treeline has the best snow, so tried to make every single turn in the soft stuff, when you're 4' tall you can definitely get a bit more out of the sides of the trails. Way back to stopped in Walpole NH for Hungry Diner for some really good food and beer flight.

Sunday Mount Snow - Reported 4" (vs Okemo think claimed 2) and was closer to home. Paid parking WTF? Vail can't staff lifts, no way were they should be giving give out parking tickets so ignored. Looks like wind and grooming made the most of hiding the conditions from Fri. Plenty of soft just off the nicely groomed for a few runs off the Canyon Quad, meanwhile the base bubble lifts were already getting pretty busy at just after 8am when lifts started. Headed over to North Face for steeper terrain than we saw at Okemo, even though Ripcord was closed so still couldn't meet her goal of first double back. The few open trails had plenty of blown in soft over an ice rink in spots. Ended up lapping Fallen Timbers which had sun and best snow much of the morning until it got skied off. Over to sunbrook for maybe the mellowest blue trails I've ever skied, but some fun soft spots and moguls at a trail merge spot run resulting in some chaos. Ended up gingerly ducking into some of the trees for way more coverage than I expected. Had already killed my ancient SL skis and was looking not to repeat that on my Rustler 9s, but fortunately no rocks only some roots/logs and decently soft. Her first taste of EC woods on Rainbow Lane(?) which is good it was pretty mellow, though again at 4' and on 110cm skis definitely easier to ski tight stuff. Couple laps and time for long 5+ hr drive home. Got back to the base for first time and wow, I know it's Presidents Weekend, but holy shit I've never seen that many people in a small area between the two bubble lifts and lunch spots. Took her 15 min just to get through bathroom line before heading home.

Monday back to our local bump in PA with big bro and good friends in the sunny 50*+ afternoon. Soft bumps and lots of park laps, plus beer break to cap off the weekend. 1 beer apparently increased my (non-existent) park skiing skills.

Whole family trip ended up being great time w/ just my daughter and agreed there will definitely have to be plenty more of them. Stowe in a few weeks and hoping for better conditions, although this trip turned out pretty well despite pretty dreaded weather report. Skiing is still fun even when not perfect pow.

nice stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I've never seen Okemo from that angle.
    It is the best angle of Okemo, imo.