Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 1083
  1. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    1,886
    Any ECRC Mags holding some cheap 75mm Tele bindings they want to get rid of? I just got some used boots(Garmont Energy) and have plenty of skis to mount, but need bindings. Axl or Hammerheads? Others I should be considering for lift served EC skiing?

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Magic does a speed trap race and a sort of Chinese downhill (fastest time to the bottom down Black Line but only 1 at a time). It is not sanctioned.
    I seem to remember Jay Peak having a DH race late season. Does that sill go down? (Pun intended)

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,782
    Well you can't accuse our new snow reporter of publishing fake news, from today's report:

    "Clouds will be decreasing throughout the day, possibly letting a few pockets of sun through, meanwhile the strong winds of the Northwest will bludgeon the mountain today with speeds between 20 to 40 MPH at the base and gusts up to 80 MPH on the summit."

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Well you can't accuse our new snow reporter of publishing fake news, from today's report:

    "Clouds will be decreasing throughout the day, possibly letting a few pockets of sun through, meanwhile the strong winds of the Northwest will bludgeon the mountain today with speeds between 20 to 40 MPH at the base and gusts up to 80 MPH on the summit."
    I'm withholding judgement until Monday's report

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Missoula DMV
    Posts
    1,183
    Borrowed some ski gear today and a pass to Smuggs. Figured Iíd at least start the season out east with some turns, and stretch the legs for a bit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3285.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	298.1 KB 
ID:	395071

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3295.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	286.4 KB 
ID:	395072

    Couldnít pass up on a bit of soup over lunch.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3284.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	395073

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montpelier, VT
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Any ECRC Mags holding some cheap 75mm Tele bindings they want to get rid of? I just got some used boots(Garmont Energy) and have plenty of skis to mount, but need bindings. Axl or Hammerheads? Others I should be considering for lift served EC skiing?
    Go on the Facebook telemark gear exchange page. Lots of 75mm stuff moving for cheap. Some way overpriced too. As is the usual on any marketplace page.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,997
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Borrowed some ski gear today and a pass to Smuggs. Figured Iíd at least start the season out east with some turns, and stretch the legs for a bit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3285.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	298.1 KB 
ID:	395071

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3295.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	286.4 KB 
ID:	395072

    Couldnít pass up on a bit of soup over lunch.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3284.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	395073
    Are you in the first pic? We saw that guy several times this morning.

    Conditions were much better than expected and didnít get skied off until after lunch.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638564429.302540.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	395095

    Natural trails need 6-8Ē of dense to be skiable.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638564492.775057.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	952.0 KB 
ID:	395096

    Doremite (flashing ahead) and non-mag RG enjoying the sun.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638564568.929349.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	395097

    Iíll be back up some day this weekend but even with the extra terrain opening, with any crowd Iím afraid it will get scraped off quickly.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,746
    In one word, let me describe the skiing at Stratton today: Zamboni

    Holy crap was it bad. They're blowing like crazy (and so is the wind) but Monday will be another reset. Seriously wondering if either day this weekend is going to be worth testing the crowds.

    Views were not as nice as those from Smuggs (that trail gets my vote for most scenic in the northeast) but still nice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0797.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	904.2 KB 
ID:	395098

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,479
    wow, that looks fast!
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,697
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    wow, that looks fast!
    Wow, that looks knee shattering!


  11. #286
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    280
    Heading east next weekend - have some free time Friday to ski solo. Options look like Killington or Sugarbush. Where should I head? Never skied in New England.

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,746
    Vt-Freeheel can comment on conditions at the Bush but I know (from Goniff) that Killington has been very good (before the rain).

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,782
    Maine has escaped the rain, had a warm up Thursday but nothing major. Could be a little far for pinned if in VT


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Vt-Freeheel can comment on conditions at the Bush but I know (from Goniff) that Killington has been very good (before the rain).
    I'll just have to hope it snows this coming week. Killington is the closest option, so that's nice too.

    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Maine has escaped the rain, had a warm up Thursday but nothing major. Could be a little far for pinned if in VT
    I'm on Ikon, so Sunday River looks to be the closest Maine option at almost 3hr each way. Worth the drive for a weekend trip later in the season?

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,479
    anything later in the season will be good. for now maybe rewatch Slap Shot for some pointers on how to handle the current skiing / crowds.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Heading east next weekend - have some free time Friday to ski solo. Options look like Killington or Sugarbush. Where should I head? Never skied in New England.
    After Monday expect loud powder or pack you Bauers.

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Missoula DMV
    Posts
    1,183

    East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Are you in the first pic? We saw that guy several times this morning.

    Conditions were much better than expected and didnít get skied off until after lunch.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638564429.302540.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	395095

    Natural trails need 6-8Ē of dense to be skiable.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638564492.775057.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	952.0 KB 
ID:	395096

    Doremite (flashing ahead) and non-mag RG enjoying the sun.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638564568.929349.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	395097

    Iíll be back up some day this weekend but even with the extra terrain opening, with any crowd Iím afraid it will get scraped off quickly.
    Thatís my future BIL in the green jacket, long time tele skier. I was the other guy rocking a red jacket and a non-tele setup.

    He just moved back to VT so itíll be his first season at Smuggs in a long while.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I'm on Ikon, so Sunday River looks to be the closest Maine option at almost 3hr each way. Worth the drive for a weekend trip later in the season?
    I have a hard time recommending Sunday River on a weekend. But Iím a spoiled mid week skier.

    Itís worth a visit though, Iíve had plenty of good days there.



    Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,341

    East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

    $teaux was pretty this am. Groomed was scraped off by about 9.

    (Trail in the pic is not what skied well, just where I was for sunrise pic)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,997
    Came across this statement while skiing today.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638656330.294975.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	731.7 KB 
ID:	395239

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,997
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Thatís my future BIL in the green jacket, long time tele skier. I was the other guy rocking a red jacket and a non-tele setup.

    He just moved back to VT so itíll be his first season at Smuggs in a long while.
    Tell him to reach out to anyone in a FS jacket.

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Came across this statement while skiing today.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638656330.294975.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	731.7 KB 
ID:	395239
    That is great. Hopefully they arenít eyeing the resort on the other side of the notch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    After Monday expect loud powder or pack you Bauers.
    Loud powder?!

    I'll just cross my fingers that it snows Thursday / Friday so I can get some soft laps in on Friday.

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Heading east next weekend - have some free time Friday to ski solo. Options look like Killington or Sugarbush. Where should I head? Never skied in New England.
    Conditions bush also good before rain and Monday looks, meh. New stuff opened today but from what I saw, didn't brave the crowds, hiking for sunrise ^^^ would have been the best part of the day, the binocs revealed rink like surfaces filled with Bode wannabes. I think K would rebound better and have a lot more open right now. I'll let you know if conditions improve.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,479
    i just said ďiím sleeping inĒ to the downhill skating rink tomorrow. the nice thing is how fast stuff can change around here, but we need some real snow! how come they never give the thaw/rain part of these storms wrong?

    i did get some good mods done on my zero gís today done. i replaced the bullshit strap with a much beefier one and the garbage liners with pro wraps from cat in january.

    does anyone know what the difference is between the pro wrap and pro tour?



    lClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4319.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	395257

    anyway, iím about to crampon up to go for a hike. ayyayyay
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •