Page 61 of 129 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3201
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Buddy of mine tapped out at 25, he won it a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well this year winner went 65 hours.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Survivor report from Saturdays incident.

Full Propagation Dry Slab Avalanche on Angel Slides

There was a whoomp heard 10-20 seconds prior to the collapse of the slide about 500' above us (top of the slide) and possibly one prior to that. Other than that there were no immediate indications observed. The entire slide released, an approximate width of 100’, and we estimate that it traveled 1,500 feet in total. I and one other skier (traveling with me) were caught in it, swept 150’ and buried. I estimate that I was only 1-2’ under and able to free myself relatively quickly (however Garmin data indicates I may have been under for 5-6 min). With the use of a BCA beacon which we had tested prior to starting, I was able to locate the other skier about 25-30' away from me (initial beacon reading was 9 meters). He was inverted and fully buried under 4-5 feet of snow. I was able to dig him out using my hands and avy shovel. I estimate he was under for (10-15 min total). He was not responsive immediately but breathing faintly. He regained consciousness after his face was exposed for a few minutes while I continued to free the rest of his body.
    We had skinned in from ADK Loj via Marcy Dam and up the ravine at the bottom of the slides, however we followed prior tracks into the trees for a while before traversing the slide above the ravine. While dense, the surface snow on the slide was relatively dry despite the recent "unseasonably warm" 30s.

65 hrs of lapping sounds brutal.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post

That’s absurd, my buddy won the first one and ate oysters every five hours during the event.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

That’s what you can do when you don’t have to be home for a Valentine’s Day dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That’s what you can do when you don’t have to be home for a Valentine’s Day dinner.
    I’d rather be home for Valentines dinner with oysters.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I’d rather be home for Valentines dinner with oysters.
    We can now be friends again

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I was able to locate the other skier about 25-30' away from me (initial beacon reading was 9 meters). He was inverted and fully buried under 4-5 feet of snow. I was able to dig him out using my hands and avy shovel. I estimate he was under for (10-15 min total). He was not responsive immediately but breathing faintly. He regained consciousness after his face was exposed for a few minutes while I continued to free the rest of his body.
    Total nightmare. Glad they made it out alive. Nice sunny day and the new snow had settled for a week. Seems almost every year someone gets slid on in Angel. Think it hits differently for me when it’s 5 miles from my house…

Other article -

https://www.adirondackexplorer.org/s...on-wright-peak

And the new adk avy report page -

https://www.adkavy.org/observations

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    nice, aldo. nice sunset at my old haunt too (and softer snow FTW!)
    zero G. brings back memories. gotta get back down there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    We can now be friends again
    way to hug it out fellas

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    way to hug it out fellas
    Thanks for quoting him tc… once I was dead to him, I put him on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Thanks for quoting him tc… once I was dead to him, I put him on ignore.
    Equipe is more than a fancy French name, it's a GODDAMN LIFESTYLE CHOICE!!!!!!!

12º bob w/clouds and such. Wind started about 20 minutes ago, HG first to fall to winhold today. Upcoming weather is going to be a stick n the ass event. Happy Presidents Week!

pic from a year ago today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210216_171410-2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	406177
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Outside of the last 1.5 weeks, this winter is sucking pretty bad. And now the dragon returns for another round...

Name:  DragonMelter3.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  336.3 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Outside of the last 1.5 weeks, this winter is sucking pretty bad. And now the dragon returns for another round...

Name:  DragonMelter3.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  336.3 KB
    Yeah...pretty depressing. I'm thinking this season is just as bad as 2016...maybe worse than 2012. I'm contemplating a weekend escape to Quebec, if they get snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrider83 View Post
    Yeah...pretty depressing. I'm thinking this season is just as bad as 2016...maybe worse than 2012. I'm contemplating a weekend escape to Quebec, if they get snow.
    Freedom convoy to the chic chocs is on my mind.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Speaking of which - does anyone know the details/protocol for driving to canada? Is a CDC vax card sufficient, along with passport?

Whoa... it could be getting real deep up there by next weekend...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Murdochville-QC.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	406238
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

[QUOTE=Adrider83;6546550]Speaking of which - does anyone know the details/protocol for driving to canada? Is a CDC vax card sufficient, along with passport?[/QUOTE

We're heading up on Sat. Vaccination card, passport, negative PCR COVID test from within 72 hours before you cross.

2012 had a bit of a highlight in the mtns. But last year and 2016 really sucked. This year is on pace for 2016 suck if tomorrow is bad enough.
    https://waw.w3.uvm.edu/skivt-l/depth...ht=&totals=Off

Traveling up to Okemo and Mt Snow this weekend w/ my 8y/o daughter who's pretty good skier and loves skiing moguls, hoping EpicLiftlines isn't as bad as feared. Might go elsewhere if conditions and crowds warrant it. I've never had a good or even decent day at Magic so is a possibility, but curious if I should be considering other spots in Southern VT??

[QUOTE=bern43;6546579]
    Speaking of which - does anyone know the details/protocol for driving to canada? Is a CDC vax card sufficient, along with passport?[/QUOTE

We're heading up on Sat. Vaccination card, passport, negative PCR COVID test from within 72 hours before you cross.
    Thanks...signed up for a PCR for tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    2012 had a bit of a highlight in the mtns. But last year and 2016 really sucked. This year is on pace for 2016 suck if tomorrow is bad enough.
    https://waw.w3.uvm.edu/skivt-l/depth...ht=&totals=Off
    18-19 please
    If it's any consolation is been dry in the rockies also. But not wet.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Traveling up to Okemo and Mt Snow this weekend w/ my 8y/o daughter who's pretty good skier and loves skiing moguls, hoping EpicLiftlines isn't as bad as feared. Might go elsewhere if conditions and crowds warrant it. I've never had a good or even decent day at Magic so is a possibility, but curious if I should be considering other spots in Southern VT??
    Southern Vermont got burned last week when that storm iced up Bromley and Stratton but dumped 15 inches on Killington. You could see the dividing line driving south on 7 that Saturday. I just skied Stratton, it was OK, nice fast groomers, but this rain event is really going to fuck things up big time, The Burlington weather guy said 1.5 to 2 inches of rain (!) in almost the entire state, 50 degrees, and heavy duty winds, and then it all freezes on the back side on Friday. I seriously would not go near a ski hill this weekend, with the crowds and conditions. Sorry. I mean, there's a good chance the disaster story you'll hear are ice dam floods all over the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I mean, there's a good chance the disaster story you'll hear are ice dam floods all over the state.
    Love your positivity!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Adrider83;6546687]
    Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post

Thanks...signed up for a PCR for tomorrow morning.
    Current rules - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...-response.html