Removing race plate ( similar to derby flex)

Struggling to find beta on how much of a pita it is to remove a plate from a pair of SG long boards.

I want to swap some STH on to skis that currently have a HEAD branded plate and some craptastic old marker twin cams.

Thinking of leaving it in place and mounting camps onto the plate if it’s going to be miserable to remove but since these are only used for LBD like the idea of removing the unneeded beef and mounting flat

Appears to be glued with some sort of black RTV type sealant in addition to the obvious screws.

Thoughts?

Pics below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4326.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	391480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4327.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	391482

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tyrolia 360RD!!!

As for Deflex removal, back in the day, I heard that piano wire worked really well.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Plates on race skis are great.

But if you really want em gone, and they’re really a similar setup to deflex plates, you should be able to gently pry enough to get a thin fine-tooth hacksaw blade (no handle…and definitely not the aggressive snaggly tooth kind) in there and very gently saw your way through that butyl tape (or whatever rubbery adhesive is going on), then scour the residue off with goof off and scotch brite.

Heat is good, but not so much heat that you’re melting topsheet.
    I dunno, it’s not the easiest thing to explain in text over the internet.

I've pried them off with a crowbar before. The old black gooey glue gives up pretty easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

thanks all. i'll give it a whirl this weekend and post results for posterity.

take the bindings off, take out all the screws on the plate, turn the ski upside down and clamp the plate in to your bench vise (you have a bench vise, right?) grab the tip or tail of the ski and rotate it, leverage is your friend

honestly I'd leave the plate on for what you have planned, you could even ski those prereleasing markers
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca