Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wait,

Who's Ray?

Stolen golf clubs. Bahaha.

No FAYGO? Coulda sworn it was going to be bags of Faygo. Would tie the whole story together.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    total click bait.
    Yeah I felt like this was heading in a "what do these famous childhood stars look like today?" direction for a while. I was going to guess the bags were full of gold. I'm glad it was just golf clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wait,

Who's Ray?
    Exsparky tells a story like my ex brother in law. There's always a loose string in it that leads to another story even more incredulous than the original story.

To wit. The weekend before his wedding my ex BIL has a bachelor party. Nobody could find him or a bunch of his friends for 2 days afterward. On the evening of the the 2nd day his parents discover him passed out on their front lawn, his head wrapped in paper towels and toilet paper, and he's bleeding. They take him to the hospital. He gets admitted and spends a day there recovering.

Fast forward to the wedding and he's recounting this story, which in itself is pretty funny until he casually mentions that the last thing he remembers was the boat sinking. This is the "Who's Ray?" moment where we look at one another because this is the first time anyone has heard of a boat sinking.

Well apparently they all decided to go fishing in the dark, drunk, in the Atlantic Ocean on his boat, and someone forgot to put the plug in or close something that should have been closed, and somehow the boat sinks and they end up floating around in the ocean in life jackets until another boat found them and picked them up the next morning.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 11-04-2021 at 06:55 AM.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yeah I felt like this was heading in a "what do these famous childhood stars look like today?" direction for a while. I was going to guess the bags were full of gold. I'm glad it was just golf clubs.

Exsparky tells a story like my ex brother in law. There's always a loose string in it that leads to another story even more incredulous than the original story.

To wit. The weekend before his wedding my ex BIL has a bachelor party. Nobody could find him or a bunch of his friends for 2 days afterward. On the evening of the the 2nd day his parents discover him passed out on their front lawn, his head wrapped in paper towels and toilet paper, and he's bleeding. They take him to the hospital. He gets admitted and spends a day there recovering.

Fast forward to the wedding and he's recounting this story, which in itself is pretty funny until he casually mentions that the last thing he remembers was the boat sinking. This is the "Who's Ray?" moment where we look at one another because this is the first time anyone has heard of a boat sinking.

Well apparently they all decided to go fishing in the dark, drunk, in the Atlantic Ocean on his boat, and someone forgot to put the plug in or close something that should have been closed, and somehow the boat sinks and they end up floating around in the ocean in life jackets until another boat found them and picked them up the next morning.
    He sounds like one of us already.

My vote is that the SUVs were dog's crew on the hunt for a fugitive and the bags were full of fugitive hunting equipment
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

^ they were golf clubs.

Obviously you're not a bowler

My guess: they were drug cops (or fugitive marshals or something like that), the bags were all their tactical gear for doing a raid, they were staging there to go raid someplace nearby.

Guess based on: that’s how those guys would park.
    They would have driven there for a while and had to pee.
    Having an attitude about it, but also actually leaving instead of fucking you up.

Could be after an operation too, bags could have been evidence…guns, drugs, clothing, whatever…. Going to whoever was going back to the primary agency office.

Ok, so finish the story, fuck nuts.

You can’t just bone us with these fucking cliffhangers. Jesus.

Did the golf club thieves get apprehended? Used to hang horse thieves. Feel the same about club thieves. Scumbags.

This is fucking gold.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Ok, so finish the story, fuck nuts.

You can’t just bone us with these fucking cliffhangers. Jesus.
    |
    V
    Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    These guys were golfing at a course nearby. When everybody was in the 19th hole they water bucketed all the golf clubs outside the club house into their cars and took off. The bags were stolen golf clubs.

When the hostiles moved hatchet man his back pack puked out every drug there was all over the sidewalk. He had a few well used glass pipes that never broke.

The empty lot used to be Ray's house. He lived there with his mother and brother. Ray had a shootout with some bikers (dropping one) while I was locking up to go home. I'll tell that one tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

See? Now this is the kind of stuff I signed up for.
    I still call it The Jake.

While we wait for the story of Ray 2.1 does anyone know what true story 1.0 is?

Attack golf clubs?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

https://images.app.goo.gl/YwAEzXocrxLduEnr5

Shit. Just this morning I was talking shit about embedding youtube videos. How do you embed a .gif??

google hides the file pretty well, it would work if we could get a direct path to the .gif file.

After right clicking on the image in the page above, I got the path to the gif:
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/4SQMq...=200w.gif&ct=g

and chopped off the "&ct=g"

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Cops don't care about rich guys losing their new set of ping clubs. Nothing happened.

I knew nobody would ever guess a sharpened bicycle rim or golf clubs but I thought some entertaining guesses might occur.

Ray lived with his mother and brother in a house that stood on the empty lot(we bought it from his friend and scraped it). In the late 80's Ray's brother came racing down the street parked on his lawn and ran into the house. The cops promptly pulled him out never to be seen again. Ray's mother passed a few years later. Ray used the block building to do small technical metal work at very reasonable prices. He did a lot of stuff for me and was very professional.

He was know for doing custom work on rc planes, bikes and odd motorcycles. Bikers were not uncommon customers.

Summer 2005, I was locking the front door while Ray had a customer roll up in a red jeep with his girlfriend. The guy wanted to negotiate a price after Ray had completed the work. Ray had one sign "Prices are not negotiable." The guy wanted a better deal and pulled a small pistol. Ray was an avid collector of low end shotguns. He had about 2 dozen loaded shotguns around his place and managed to pull one from thin air somehow. I could hear the yelling from across the street.

The biker thought firing some warning shots would work in his favor. I decided a retreat back into my office made sense.

The girlfriend thought she could defuse the situation and got in the middle. Ray tagged her in the chest and the gunfire escalated.

The 2 fell back to their jeep and drove to just passed where hatchet man waited for his ambulance. She died there before her ambulance made it.

The cops show up and Ray is freaked. He pulls a Sanford and shouts about it being the "big one"/faked a heart attack and stated he going to see his mom again when he dies.

They take Ray to the hospital and confirm he didn't have a heart attack but his colon cancer is so bad he will be dead in 6 months.

The cops decide Ray will be dead before the trial and let him go. Ray sells the family home for $80k to his friend on the condition he can live there until he dies.

He spends $50k on an engine he puts in a chevy s10 mini truck and drag raced every kid he could find around town. I have no idea how he never twisted the frame.

The biker brings his gang in on the revenge plan. They fire bomb his home weekly, at one point fire bombing it while the street was lined with cars on a wednesday morning at 10am. I assume more shots are fired at night and weekends. Ray moved into the basement and fortified the house.

Ray put up a second sign "$1000 reward for the return of my dog and the names of the bastards that stole him."

Ray passed 5 months after the shoot out.

The dog was never found.

The bikers were never prosecuted.

It's a shame about Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    While we wait for the story of Ray 2.1 does anyone know what true story 1.0 is?
    That was the nazi midget story.

I feel like I'm watching some bizarre show that just happens to be on, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    It's a shame about Ray
    *slow clap*
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How did you find out they were golf clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    How did you find out they were golf clubs?
    He bought a few sets.