Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    There are no more levels after this level. You have done all the levels.

Boss moves

Absolutely nuts - the craziest part to me was that in the first 3 minutes I didn't see any other tracks anywhere - nailed it on the first take.

Probably the most impressive and creative 10 minutes of skiing I've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    keen
    the zermatt sections are unreal.

I liked the "behind the scenes" reel:

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/episod...mate-run-s1-e2

Yeah, watch this. The effort involved for 10 minutes of footage is ridiculous, but utterly successful. Totally loved every second!

That was incredible.

Pretty cool and a lot of flow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That was completely and utterly ridiculous. Most well-rounded skier ever?
    When you add this to his MSP segments and then consider how well he has done on the FWT.......He definitely has a seat at the table.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

He was too busy crushing the FWT so he decided to move on and do this. What a bad ass. So much style too. Maybe the best skier on the planet right now - we need a Markus vs. Candide ski off.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

meh ... TL-DR ... back seat action

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    meh ... TL-DR ... back seat action
    at least he doesn't waggle his poles

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    When you add this to his MSP segments and then consider how well he has done on the FWT.......He definitely has a seat at the table.
    I still remember the first time i heard of the guy. The second(?) Nine Knights contest held a video qualifier for a wildcard spot to invite a final rider. they listed the 9 best tricks from the previous year the skier had to check them all off with their own style in their video contest entry. This was back when double flips where just getting started. All the big names who hadnt been invited put together a quick 60s segment for it. Then this unknown kid from Italy came out of nowhere and totally stole the show, wont the video contest and got invited. And that kind of kicked off his carreer. I still remember opening my laptop in a shitty S. Lake Tahoe motel after a day of skiing, seeing this video entry on Newschoolers and rewatching it like 10 time just thinking that this dude was the next big thing. Turns out he was, and he knows how to ski a little bit outside the park too.

Check out the Wallisch-like afterbang landings:

Richard Permin is kind of in the same mold IMO. Guy came onto the scene through park, and won many a park/slope contest. Turns out, when you put him in a Heli the guy was a top 5 big mountain skier for a number of years. He was more techinically profficient, stompy, old school style though. Eder is on that Candide style where everything is a playground, everything is styley, and he is very cat like in his movements while going waaaaay larger than youd ever expect.

Very clever segment. To me, the drone cinematography was possibly even more impressive than the skiing!
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Starting watching and then saw him using pole straps, immediately stopped watching.

Well, that was 10 minutes I'll never get back. And I'm very OK with that. Damn, that kid can ski. Some awfully creative segments in that little vid! I loved the ice sheet in the opening couple of minutes.

that was stellar
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What an awesome video!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Starting watching and then saw him using pole straps, immediately stopped watching.

Start a 1000 Dollar challenge
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

The kiddo enjoyed it very much, especially the castle urban and ice tunnel.

The 3 off the giant serac was huge!

He really moves like a big cat, doesn't he. Candide more of a coiled little spring/ball of muscle. Both incredible.

10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

You didn’t miss much. Not a single dolphin turn anywhere in the ten minutes, seems like he should get some lessons.

Agree with the the frush. Filming itself was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I still remember the first time i heard of the guy. The second(?) Nine Knights contest held a video qualifier for a wildcard spot to invite a final rider. they listed the 9 best tricks from the previous year the skier had to check them all off with their own style in their video contest entry. This was back when double flips where just getting started. All the big names who hadnt been invited put together a quick 60s segment for it. Then this unknown kid from Italy came out of nowhere and totally stole the show, wont the video contest and got invited. And that kind of kicked off his carreer. I still remember opening my laptop in a shitty S. Lake Tahoe motel after a day of skiing, seeing this video entry on Newschoolers and rewatching it like 10 time just thinking that this dude was the next big thing. Turns out he was, and he knows how to ski a little bit outside the park too.

Check out the Wallisch-like afterbang landings:

Richard Permin is kind of in the same mold IMO. Guy came onto the scene through park, and won many a park/slope contest. Turns out, when you put him in a Heli the guy was a top 5 big mountain skier for a number of years. He was more techinically profficient, stompy, old school style though. Eder is on that Candide style where everything is a playground, everything is styley, and he is very cat like in his movements while going waaaaay larger than youd ever expect.
    That is pretty nuts.

Permin was what I was thinking too.

If any of you guys have not seen Sweet N Sour, definitely check it out. Red Bull put it out a few years ago and it is insane. It climaxes with Permin and Victor De Le Rue skiing Hotel Room, which is the line Sage and Seth Morrison ski in the opening of Under The Influence. It is one of the nuttier spine walls you will ever see. Permin had been injured, so this movie was about him coming back.

Here is a link to Sweet & Sour:

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/films/sweet-and-sour
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Un-fucking-real
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Goodness. I lost like 90 minutes of productive time to this thread today. Unreal. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    He was too busy crushing the FWT so he decided to move on and do this. What a bad ass. So much style too. Maybe the best skier on the planet right now - we need a Markus vs. Candide ski off.
    Yep. A big mtn SLVSH game between the two would be amazing