Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angel C.....Good luck in your future

I know I said i wouldnt post anymore, but this wasn't here and I couldnt pass it up since her father is a great contributor not only to the board but to the Wasatch in general.

Good for you Angel......Best of luck... and Dad...what a great fucking job you did with both kids...

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/s...keCJkViUj8I6cc

There's a lot of cool and different experiences we can have during this ride.

I know plenty of people that primarily focus on skiing every season. They do the same thing every year and are extremely happy doing that. In one way I envy them but in another way I kind of think it's unfortunate to not branch out of the regular routine to do different things. I struggle with this one myself. Skiing has been such a major part of my life and my identity it's hard to break away from it but I really desire to. At this point I've gotten everything I can out of skiing, I'm not going to push myself any further than I already have so there's a part of me that would like to take a break to explore new things.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Well put and spot on. I can feel exactly what she is saying.

Not surprising, all class that one.

My son has one ski poster on his wall, one autographed poster of anything....
    its Angel

All it says is
    "Colin,
    Believe in yourself.
    Angel"

I hope he never takes it down

Skiing is in her DNA. I hope to see her making turns with her dad and friends at Alta.
    I wonder whether she will have to find something that makes her go big and push the envelope. That is also in her DNA. you know, "to boldly go where no man [woman] has gone before".
    Whatever, and good luck. Thanks for the stoke.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1710.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	686.3 KB 
ID:	391265
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and Dad...what a great fucking job you did with both kids...
    I heard Johnny is a total poser...
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Best wishes!

Do we know what she's going to get up to next?

Looks like she couldn't take the crowds in LCC either and called it quits. I get it.

I'm glad she had the strength to follow through on the plans she had made. Never underestimate how hard it is to turn away from the track you've been on your whole life.

Very cool. What a great role model.

Bummer for us. Good for her, hopefully. But bummer for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    There's a lot of cool and different experiences we can have during this ride.

I know plenty of people that primarily focus on skiing every season. They do the same thing every year and are extremely happy doing that. In one way I envy them but in another way I kind of think it's unfortunate to not branch out of the regular routine to do different things. I struggle with this one myself. Skiing has been such a major part of my life and my identity it's hard to break away from it but I really desire to. At this point I've gotten everything I can out of skiing, I'm not going to push myself any further than I already have so there's a part of me that would like to take a break to explore new things.
    You nailed my feelings on this matter.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    I heard Johnny is a total poser...
    Like sister, like brother.
    Coupla posers.
    Don't know where they got it. Not from us.
    I've never bothered to talk much about them.
    Their actions speak for themselves.
    Always have.
    Outta the womb.
    Blows us away.
    As parents we want to help set goals, not limits.
    Angel is one of the braver, talented, and calculated skiers of her generation.
    Psyched to have been a part of that.
    Looking forward to her future, and her happiness...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Angel is a kind, deep, spiritual and very sweet person who also happens to be an inspiringly talented ripper. After interacting with her on multiple occasions, I am always struck by her preternatural insight and vision. Class A human right there. She’s got my support in whatever she finds is her path.

Well said, telefreewasatch. 🤙🏼
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

As far as I can tell... she was driven from skiing because... a beautiful woman, kicking ass on the slope, was a threat to large male egos. "She is riding on her looks and can't ski" was the battle cry. Meanwhile, Angle just kept knocking off one monster peak after another. .......NOT the best way to grow the sport of back country skiing. Time to grow up boys and realize the best skiers in the world are now women! Get over it.

I hope the sailing community has more sense than we did and embraces eager talent instead of trying to shame them off the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    .. and Dad...what a great fucking job you did with both kids...

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/s...keCJkViUj8I6cc
    I skied with Jimmy Collinson on Baffin Island. It was great to hear all the stories about his kids.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    Best wishes!

Do we know what she's going to get up to next?
    Boat life. Sailboat life. Hope it's a great next adventure; she's earned it.

"Angel and Pete are on a multi year sustainable adventure around the world. This channel will feature our adventures along the way, Boat projects, our sh***y mechanic skills, people, organizations and movements that fire us up, general ocean beauty, offshore passage making magic, the wildlife we encounter along the way. Not to mention lots of shenanigans, wigs and accents. " - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxy...m1M6S6w/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    I skied with Jimmy Collinson on Baffin Island. It was great to hear all the stories about his kids.
    He's good peeps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    As far as I can tell... she was driven from skiing because... a beautiful woman, kicking ass on the slope, was a threat to large male egos. "She is riding on her looks and can't ski" was the battle cry. Meanwhile, Angle just kept knocking off one monster peak after another. .......NOT the best way to grow the sport of back country skiing. Time to grow up boys and realize the best skiers in the world are now women! Get over it.

I hope the sailing community has more sense than we did and embraces eager talent instead of trying to shame them off the stage.
    I thought she was tired of the injury treadmill. I never heard one person ever say that her ski career was based on looks rather than her absolutely crushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I thought she was tired of the injury treadmill. I never heard one person ever say that her ski career was based on looks rather than her absolutely crushing it.
    That is good to hear as I would have been really bummed if snojones comments had any merit. Sailing as in out in the ocean? I surf and the open ocean scares the fuck out of me. No way would I be doing any around the world kind of shit unless they are on Bezo's yacht. Go get em Angel.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I think he is thinking of Caroline Gleich.

Aint nobody talked down about Angel's skiing ability. Put her on a number of other film crews roster and she becomes the #1 AK big mountain ripper on the roster. period. Her Paradise Waits seggy is outlandishly good. I can understand if the injury cycle (cheat death but blow a knee in AK, rehab all summer and most of winter, go back to AK to cheat death in a crash and blow another knee, repeat), both hers and her brothers, started weighing on her and making her reevaluate the direction she wants to go in her life moving forward. Ill miss watching her ski.

There is some insane skiing in this segment. Speed over exposure. Techy lines skied very fast.

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/s...on-from-skiing

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Like sister, like brother.
    Coupla posers.
    Don't know where they got it. Not from us.
    I've never bothered to talk much about them.
    Their actions speak for themselves.
    Always have.
    Outta the womb.
    Blows us away.
    As parents we want to help set goals, not limits.
    Angel is one of the braver, talented, and calculated skiers of her generation.
    Psyched to have been a part of that.
    Looking forward to her future, and her happiness...
    saving this Beautiful tribute for posterity...

well said. Thank you.

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I think he is thinking of Caroline Gleich.
    That would make a lot of sense, actually. Johnny's last knee injury was horrific, full knee dislocation with blown ACL, PCL, MCL, patellar tendon and lateral meniscus. In almost anyone else that isn't a young pro athlete they don't even try to fix that, just go straight to a TKR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    Hello Halsted,
    Those were days that are remembered years later eh?
    How about having to carry a rifle for the park guide permit?
    And that arctic corn?
    Jimmy
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    There is some insane skiing in this segment. Speed over exposure. Techy lines skied very fast.

Holy shit, that is some of the most impressive skiing I have ever seen. TFW, you should be proud.

Like others have said, I'll miss seeing Angel ski, but I'm excited to follow along on this new sailing adventure. I know next to nothing about sailing (other than a short lived relationship with a Force 5 in college), but I love Angel's passion. Good for her for being true to herself.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

^^^ that’s segment’s amazing. So are these:

https://youtu.be/kQBW0RD86js

https://youtu.be/4mQcOzKPLWE