Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    There is some insane skiing in this segment. Speed over exposure. Techy lines skied very fast.

Didn't she win skier (or line) of the year with that segment? What a crusher. Best of luck on your next adventure Angel and thanks for all the stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Didn't she win skier (or line) of the year with that segment?
    It certainly deserved to. Every few years there is a film segment that stands out from all the other great segments. This was one of them. It's humbling and inspiring to watch. It's so creative. It looks so smooth until you look closer and realize how textured the snow surfaces are, that she is seemingly gliding over, and how much work her legs are doing to keep it tight and tight and controlled. And that one spine where she holds the McConkey turn for soooooooo loooooooong. That one just makes you jealous.

Sounds like she's doing a Jim Brown style exit- leaving the sport before her body forces her to leave the sport, so she can still enjoy and excel at her other interests.

Best of luck to you, Angel....

Sounds like she's doing a Jim Brown style exit- leaving the sport before her body forces her to leave the sport, so she can still enjoy and excel at her other interests.

Best of luck to you, Angel....
    ^This.

Nothing but respect

Thanks OP for this mandatory tribute thread.

We live in Iowa, which is about as far from the Wasatch big mountain scene as you can get, but when we showed my 11 yo daughter Angel's retirement poem she put her head down and cried for 15 minutes. She touched and inspired people and the next generation far and wide and my daughter has basically grown up watching her rip. She is what Scott Schmidt was to me as a ski idol but much more than that. My daughter will never ski as good as Angel but I hope she becomes as good of a person.

I hope Angel finds happiness, direction, and full sails.

Also, I often have no idea who is who around here and this is one of those times where my jong clueless outsider status is obvious...and for some reason I rarely read the Wasatch thread. Well done dad.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

We live in Iowa, which is about as far from the Wasatch big mountain scene as you can get, but when we showed my 11 yo daughter Angel's retirement poem she put her head down and cried for 15 minutes. She touched and inspired people and the next generation far and wide and my daughter has basically grown up watching her rip. She is what Scott Schmidt was to me as a ski idol but much more than that. My daughter will never ski as good as Angel but I hope she becomes as good of a person.

Also, I often have no idea who is who around here and this is one of those times where my jong clueless outsider status is obvious...and for some reason I rarely read the Wasatch thread. Well done dad.
    Your daughter is lucky.
    And thank you.
    Bottom of my heart...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Oh my. That’s so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Hello Halsted,
    Those were days that are remembered years later eh?
    How about having to carry a rifle for the park guide permit?
    And that arctic corn?
    Jimmy
    Hi Jimmy,
    Yes those memories are still clear. I'd like to go to Greenland sometime. Meanwhile, I'm busy with A3.
    Cheers,
    Halsted
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

There is some insane skiing in this segment. Speed over exposure. Techy lines skied very fast.

Oh, I don't know. I didn't think her skis were close together enough.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yeah. She flailed her arms a little too. I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Huh, odd that she can rip the shit out of those lines with that technique
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    There's a lot of cool and different experiences we can have during this ride.

I know plenty of people that primarily focus on skiing every season. They do the same thing every year and are extremely happy doing that. In one way I envy them but in another way I kind of think it's unfortunate to not branch out of the regular routine to do different things. I struggle with this one myself. Skiing has been such a major part of my life and my identity it's hard to break away from it but I really desire to. At this point I've gotten everything I can out of skiing, I'm not going to push myself any further than I already have so there's a part of me that would like to take a break to explore new things.
    I still love skiing. Who knows around 1000+ days on snow. That said, I am so glad I re-discovered mountain biking again about 8 years ago. I just spent a week in southern MX riding some of the best trails on the planet. Literally every trail was like a waist deep pow run.

I know skiers who refuse to MTB and spend most of the summer miserable and then ski shitty rocks the moment there is 3 inches on the ground in October.

I used to be one of those people. It's straight up dumb in my opinion.

Get an MTB. Get a surfboard. Branch out.

Glad Angel is continuing the journey in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I still love skiing. Who knows around 1000+ days on snow. That said, I am so glad I re-discovered mountain biking again about 8 years ago. I just spent a week in southern MX riding some of the best trails on the planet. Literally every trail was like a waist deep pow run.

I know skiers who refuse to MTB and spend most of the summer miserable and then ski shitty rocks the moment there is 3 inches on the ground in October.

I used to be one of those people. It's straight up dumb in my opinion.

Get an MTB. Get a surfboard. Branch out.
    Here here. When I moved back to Oregon, I had to branch out. Not just for summer, but for when the crowds or snow sucks here. Having another way to recreate that scratches the same itch as skiing is huge. For me, that's been motorcycles. Though mountain bikes are starting to creep back in to my interest...

I sure hope some of these posts are sarcasm. Best of luck to Angel on her new chapter.

yes, they are. …. I started following Angel’s social media stuff even more during covid cause she’s just so authentic and real and inspiring. Have loved seeing her progress with Sea Bear. Only the best to her on her new journey. Definitely looking forward to her updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

timeless

Always a worthy segment to watch

Angel C.....Good luck in your future

It certainly deserved to. Every few years there is a film segment that stands out from all the other great segments. This was one of them. It's humbling and inspiring to watch. It's so creative. It looks so smooth until you look closer and realize how textured the snow surfaces are, that she is seemingly gliding over, and how much work her legs are doing to keep it tight and tight and controlled. And that one spine where she holds the McConkey turn for soooooooo loooooooong. That one just makes you jealous.
    I have friends that never skied that posted the segment to their social media timeline around the time it was released. Go Angel.

Like sister, like brother.
    Coupla posers.
    Don't know where they got it. Not from us.
    I've never bothered to talk much about them.
    Their actions speak for themselves.
    Always have.
    Outta the womb.
    Blows us away.
    As parents we want to help set goals, not limits.
    Angel is one of the braver, talented, and calculated skiers of her generation.
    Psyched to have been a part of that.
    Looking forward to her future, and her happiness...
    Quoting this because I think people are missing it.

Humility at its finest right there.

I've been a huge fan of Angel's ever since she showed up on the comp scene and just started destroying the field at every event. Didn't she win almost every Freeskiing World Tour event for like two years straight?

I vividly remember seeing Paradise Waits at the Denver premiere. I don't remember the first 75% of the film at all. I do remember the entire crowd walking out completely slack jawed after Angel's segment at the end. So good.

That youtube clip is ridonkulous. Skiing that shit at that speed is insane.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

nothing left to prove.. no limits.... expand your horizons... savor life.. rock on...

Happy she is leaving on her own terms. Always nice to be able to pick when, why and how you leave something.

As a father of a young girl, Angel is such an amazing roll model and person for her to look up to. Endless talent and an incredibly caring and open soul. Her personality is refreshing in this world.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

My son has one ski poster on his wall, one autographed poster of anything....
    its Angel

All it says is
    "Colin,
    Believe in yourself.
    Angel"

I hope he never takes it down
    Met her and Ian Mac signing posters at one of the TGR movies years ago while I was still in college, Mac made a comment and I replied 'don't tempt me with a good time' and they both laughed

She handed me the poster she was signing and it said:
    "Boosh,
    Don't Tempt Me With A Good Time,
    Angel"

it's still hanging on my wall to this day
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Blister just dropped a new podcast with Angel [from the Canary Islands] talking about her announcement and future:

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/a...ge-more-ep-189

Hello Halsted,
    Those were days that are remembered years later eh?
    How about having to carry a rifle for the park guide permit?
    And that arctic corn?
    Jimmy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00425_s_r21atnf4eq60425.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	394410

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00415_s_r21atnf4eq60415.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	394411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00415_s_r21atnf4eq60415.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	394411