Any chefs/cooks interested in moving to Weaverville, CA?

Decided to X-post this from the resignation thread:

I found out yesterday that this restaurant in my home town is closing permanently January 1: https://www.cafeonmainweaverville.com/

The food is outstanding and not just by small town standards; the chef spent decades at high-end restaurants all over the country and is legit. It's beloved by the community and does excellent business. But, the two sous chefs he's spent years training up have both decided they're done with the restaurant biz. They were nice enough to give him several months notice and he's been trying to find replacements but without luck so far. Given the time of year and the overall job market he's not optimistic he'll be able to replace them, so the most likely outcome is he just closes up shop and retires. It's the only "nice" place in town and will be a big loss to the community.

If anyone with culinary experience wants to move to a quaint Califoregon town with great mountains, rivers and other outdoor recreation opportunities, PM me.

That's a nice area. Have you skied Thompson Peak?
    off your knees Louie

Just wait for the guy to fold and buy the building and equipment. Jebus. Same as it ever was. Welcome to the biz.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    That's a nice area. Have you skied Thompson Peak?
    I haven't. I got into BC skiing after I moved away and haven't been back in the winter much. That would be a tough one, long approach any way you go.

Yeah, this is really to bad, a definite blow to the community as far as exceptional dining goes.
    For anyone interested that doesn’t know this area, it really is an outdoor paradise. Hiking, climbing, whitewater, fishing, hunting, waterskiing/boating, exceptional BC skiing that is untapped. I also grew up in this town. Still have family and many friends there.

Any chefs/cooks interested in moving to Weaverville, CA?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah, this is really to bad, a definite blow to the community as far as exceptional dining goes.
    For anyone interested that doesn’t know this area, it really is an outdoor paradise. Hiking, climbing, whitewater, fishing, hunting, waterskiing/boating, exceptional BC skiing that is untapped. I also grew up in this town. Still have family and many friends there.
    2funky outed as a Californian pps. Looks like a sweet place to grow up. Some nice looking north facing lines off of Thompson peak.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

exceptional BC skiing that is untapped.
    Shasta is also putting a lift up Gray Butte, but that may not be a good thing. My Dad lives there now and said he noticed a lot more people from Sac, Bay Area, etc. last winter who are fed up with Tahoe crowds. Another lift will only make it more attractive to those folks. OTOH, with MSSP's aspect and elevation it may not be a viable ski area in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Just wait for the guy to fold and buy the building and equipment. Jebus. Same as it ever was. Welcome to the biz.
    This mindset is why we have trash chains all over the country instead of generational locals serving quality, local food. Food as commodity rots the health a community. It's important to set a bar higher than corn fed beef and hydrogenated oil fries.

my sons tapped Thompson and Preston last spring said it wasn't crowded. Tough approaches.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    my sons tapped Thompson and Preston last spring said it wasn't crowded. Tough approaches.
    Nice. I'm sure things have changed a bit, but if they saw anyone up there I'd be surprised. The "short" approach is via China Gulch and that's 8 miles to Grizzly Lake where the skiing starts, plus it's a 3-hour drive to the TH. The other approaches from North Fork or Stewarts Fork require less driving but are considerably longer otherwise.