Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KETL MTN Apparel

Who's rockin' this stuff?

I'm in need of a few new pairs of cycling shorts and the 9" length is my preference. Anyone wearing KETL MTN Virtue shorts that can provide some feedback?

https://ketlmtn.com/

I'm not buying anything that doesn't have the appropriate number of vowels.

$90 for a fucking pair of shorts?!!!! Oh, hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    $90 for a fucking pair of shorts?!!!! Oh, hell no.
    They’ve got a sale going which bring them down to about $50, so suddenly I became interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Who's rockin' this stuff?

I'm in need of a few new pairs of cycling shorts and the 9" length is my preference. Anyone wearing KETL MTN Virtue shorts that can provide some feedback?

https://ketlmtn.com/
    Haven't worn their shorts, but I have a few of their L/S sun shirts and I'm a huge fan. High quality material and well constructed. I've worn them on a handful of long rides with a backpack and with a hip pack, and they're holding up nicely. It's a weird sensation, but having long sleeves when it's hot and not getting hot is pretty cool.

Thanks, smmokan.

It turns out that they have free shipping and free returns, so I ordered up a few pairs to try them on.

If anyone wants a 35% off code, HMU.

KETL MTN Apparel

Just following back up on these.

I ordered 2 pair of the 9” shorts. I’m a 34” waist and the XL fits but I have to pull in the built in “belt” most of the way. The legs are fitted and I like them for gravel riding although my compression shorts stick out the bottom and I might consider the 11” length in the future.

As for service, I pulled a button out of one pair. It’s not just threaded on but fabric is sewn through so I reached out on warranty. Ketl was quick to respond and provided a postage paid authorization. Just over a week later and my repaired shorts arrived. Yes, repaired. Not replaced and not a gift card for some random amount that was depreciated (I’m looking at you, Patagonia). I couldn’t be happier. Fine work, Ketl.

100% would recommend and I’ll be looking to Ketl as I replace other garments they have in their catalog.

I have one of their long sleeves sun shirts and it's quickly becoming my favorite riding shirt. Super light, good protection, and shockingly resilient to heinous bushwacks.
    Their pants are all on the super skinny side of things but I got over myself and don't mind wearing them.

Good stuff overall when they have stock
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I have one of their long sleeves sun shirts and it's quickly becoming my favorite riding shirt. Super light, good protection, and shockingly resilient to heinous bushwacks.
    Their pants are all on the super skinny side of things but I got over myself and don't mind wearing them.

Good stuff overall when they have stock
    I’m on the market for a sun shirt for sailing, cycling, etc. Does it really do a decent job of keeping you cool on sunny days? How true is the SPF rating?

I wasn't impressed with their gloves. Rode them once or twice then gave them away to the local HS team.

I’m on the market for a sun shirt for sailing, cycling, etc. Does it really do a decent job of keeping you cool on sunny days? How true is the SPF rating?
    I have found my ex officio long sleeve Sun shirts to do quite well on hikes, bikes and hike a bike. Little thicker, but I feel protection. Breathes well. Look to be discontinued

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1658409438.760572.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	422064

Just added this one and it fells thinner. Maybe will breathe better

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1658409258.008945.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	422063

Also have patagucci Sun hoodies which are super light but thinner

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Never heard of the Ketl but a friend of mine runs this fishing brand out of Portland, ME. https://twelveweight.com/

Sun protection is their game

It certainly feels more breathable than the other sun shirts I own which are meant for water sports and are a bit thicker. I haven't been out in direct sun for hours with the KETL but I've spent a fair bit of time with the sleeves down and no sunscreen and haven't had any sign of redness there. That's riding above 9000 in UT in July fwiw. No idea how real the SPF rating is honestly. I still sunscreen anything that is going to be exposed and hide from the sun as much as possible.
    The only sunshirt I trust 100% is an ExOfficio, similar to the one whyturn posted below but with a hood you can zip all the way up to your nose. I had that thing on for a 14 hour hike in the Uintas a few summers ago, at least 8 hours were spent above 12k and above treeline, no sunscreen on, and I came out of that looking as white as ever. The KETL isn't the same quality as that but I wouldn't want to wear the ExOfficio biking, it's lighter but the tighter weave makes it less breathable.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    It certainly feels more breathable than the other sun shirts I own which are meant for water sports and are a bit thicker. I haven't been out in direct sun for hours with the KETL but I've spent a fair bit of time with the sleeves down and no sunscreen and haven't had any sign of redness there. That's riding above 9000 in UT in July fwiw. No idea how real the SPF rating is honestly. I still sunscreen anything that is going to be exposed and hide from the sun as much as possible.
    The only sunshirt I trust 100% is an ExOfficio, similar to the one whyturn posted below but with a hood you can zip all the way up to your nose. I had that thing on for a 14 hour hike in the Uintas a few summers ago, at least 8 hours were spent above 12k and above treeline, no sunscreen on, and I came out of that looking as white as ever. The KETL isn't the same quality as that but I wouldn't want to wear the ExOfficio biking, it's lighter but the tighter weave makes it less breathable.
    Thanks for all the replies. I got a $10 coupon so I ordered the KETL shirt. I like their shorts enough and they have free shipping and returns so it's no risk if I try it on and don't like the material.

Re: sun shirts. I only wear button-up anymore. These were primarily branded as fishing shirts until recently. They dry fast, provide good protection, are easy to get on/off when wet, generally vent better, and last longer, IME. Fit has gotten much better with these, but is highly brand dependent (I’ve never met a Columbia fishing shirt that didn’t fit like a sail).
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Re: sun shirts. I only wear button-up anymore. These were primarily branded as fishing shirts until recently. They dry fast, provide good protection, are easy to get on/off when wet, generally vent better, and last longer, IME. Fit has gotten much better with these, but is highly brand dependent (I’ve never met a Columbia fishing shirt that didn’t fit like a sail).
    Yeah I like the button up ones as well but the problem is that there is no hood. Hoodie is a key tool in a quiver of sun protection.

Fair, I just can’t stand wearing a hood in the heat. I have a bunch of douchey hats I wear instead.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I just got my KETL sunshirt. I am 6'1", 185 with long arms. The shirt has a nice slim fit and the arms are just long enough to reach my wrists. The hood is too small and pulls the shoulders up when I'm wearing it, but since I have a full head of hair, it's more for neck protection and I suspect I won't wear it often anyway as it would be too warm for me. I though about going XL, but the large will be fine and I like how it fits through the body.

KETL MTN Apparel

I got the Virtue Hybrid 9” short. I’m usually a 33-34 waist or Large but got the XL. Even sizing up, they’re a little trimmer fit than I’m used to but biked in them today and they were awesome.

Then I went out river paddling on my SUP and they’re better than my swim trunks for not bunching up around the crotch and the belt cinch is awesome keeping them up when wet. Super worth the money especially since they’re on sale and offering $10 off for new customers

After trying on the sun hoodie again, I decided to exchange it for an XL. The hood seems like an important feature and hopefully the XL has enough fabric that it fits properly. Fit report to follow.

After trying on the sun hoodie again, I decided to exchange it for an XL. The hood seems like an important feature and hopefully the XL has enough fabric that it fits properly. Fit report to follow.
    There's just no reason not to make the hood length spacious on garment like that imo. I don't even know what brand I have because my bud in UT had some made for his company and gave me one. It's awesome. Light, breathable and the hood is perfect. I mostly wear it post rides drinking beers to keep the sun or bugs off my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    There's just no reason not to make the hood length spacious on garment like that imo.
    And yet, many companies do it the same. Sun hoodys from BD and Arcteryx both have this issue. I prefer a loose hood, but the argument against it is that they don't stay up in the wind, which I'm not sure is solved with a more form fitting one either.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    And yet, many companies do it the same. Sun hoodys from BD and Arcteryx both have this issue. I prefer a loose hood, but the argument against it is that they don't stay up in the wind, which I'm not sure is solved with a more form fitting one either.
    Yeah, I can see that thought process, but I don't really agree with it. Often I'll have a baseball hat on as well, so the extra room is necessary. If it's windy you could possibly reverse that and it would stay put I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Well, the Ketl XL hood is too short for me as well. It just pulls up the shoulders which isn’t comfortable. Back it goes. I guess BD and Arct are out too.

I have some Patty cash so maybe I’ll check to see what they offer.

I have some Patty cash so maybe I’ll check to see what they offer.
    Patty hoodies are plenty big for my giant melon