Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Er, panorama is on the mountain collective. So you have two days there, sunshine and Louise. January should be good for all of them tbh. Fernie may or may not be a little icey but like the above posters said, monitor. Lmk what you decide, I’m down to get some runs with mags.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey Mags,
    I'm in the Vernon/Kamloops area for the next 2 days. Would love a place to crash or someone to feed me beers. Even just a safe place to park for the night and crash in the back of my truck and not worry about my gear being stolen. Shoot me a msg if you have a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Panorama is groomer heaven if you like that sort of thing. It gets less snow than Fernie or Kicking Horse so personally I'd give it a pass.
    Your USD will give you an excellent exchange rate for purchasing lift tickets if you can't find a discount option.
    Don't forget you need to do the ArriveCAN app to cross into Canada.
    https://www.canada.ca/en/border-serv...arrivecan.html
    Curious when the last time you skied Panorama? Yes the grooming is exceptional, and while it doesn’t get the massive Fernie dumps, it also avoids the 4-5x a season Pineapple expresses that can wreck that mountain. Several times I have been to Fernie and had great powder one day and rain wipes it out the next.

In the last 15 years, under the post-Intrawest ownership, in the summers, crews are sent into Taynton Bowl and frontside summit areas (Extreme Dream zone, not insane, but largely awesome terrain) where the crews cut out underbrush and glade it for awesome tree skiing. Taynton Bowl has also been expanded on the far ridge, which you can access via a snow cat at the summit for a fee, or hike 30 minutes to thousands of acres of new terrain. All of it awesome and challenging.

I can find stashes of turns five + days after a dump. Not shabby at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, everyone! I'll loop back around once we figure out what we're doing. I'm so stoked to ski BC. It's been almost 5 years for me and my GF has never skied in BC.

would also recommend Panorama if skiing on a weekend powder day. Less crowds.

We are in Pano Dec 18th - 23rd if anyone is around.

Anyone got any intel on the Super 8 vs the Sandman in Castlegar? Would you stay at 1 over the other? Any suggestions on decent hotel/motel in Castlegar?

Stayed in Rossland last year and it sounded like Castlegar had more food, grocery and breakfast options then Rossland.

I wouldn't stay in a super 8 in Canada if you paid me. I'd pick the sandman every time.

Those are both in strip mall hell. They are both walking distance from Tailout Brewing though, so that's nice?

Where are you trying to play? Red? WW? One night prior to a lodge transfer?

If you're on a resort, there are way better options than those two in Castlegar. If you're heading to Baldface or something then I would use whatever they recommend in Nelson/wherever the pickup is.

Neslon airport is pick up for BF, and a great town to stay at. Headed to Big Red Cats this trip. Sounds like strip mall hell in Castlegar will work nicely. Breakfast options in Rossland were brutal.

I have had good experiences at the Super 8s in Fernie, Golden and Revy, but going to go with the Sandman this time.

Thanks.

Sandman Hotels are owned by the same guy that owns Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Selkirk-Tangiers Heli Skiing and the NHL's Dallas Stars. He is a reported dick head.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    I wouldn't stay in a super 8 in Canada if you paid me. I'd pick the sandman every time.
    Super 8 in Revy is fine.

Buddy and I show up there a couple years ago. Chick at the counter is grumpy AF, totally mad more customers have shown up. While I'm sorting out the details and paying for the room, my buddy grabs one of those hotel carts with the brass rails and meticulously loads ALL of our shit on it. Like this was a mark of Tetris wizardry - beer on the bottom, bags of gear, and the skis and everything all balanced just perfectly.
    Buddy wheels this thing in to the Super 8 'lobby' and asks "so which way's the room?" "All the rooms are up those stairs there" says Grumpy Counter Chick. "Okay, well where's an elevator for this thing?" my buddy asks, gesturing to the cart. "We don't have an elevator."

So I start pissing myself laughing because the look on this dude's face after he so perfectly stacked up all this shit just to wheel it 15 feet and have to take it all apart was priceless. Why do they even have these cart things?? So he starts grabbing a ski bag and just then the case of beer splits open and cans just roll in every direction, as everything on top starts to fall off now that the main beer case foundation has been compromised. I'm dying - this is comedy gold happening. Haven't laughed this hard not on shrooms ever I don't think.

Not even a sniff of a smile from GCC. I've always wondered what makes her laugh.

Motel was fine. Clean, bug free, and people were partying but I didn't hear them at night. Very popular with snowmobilers, who I like to talk to because their stories are a little different than the usual "you should've been here yesterday" schtick from us lame resort skiers. But am I staying there again? No, so I guess that says something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    We are in Pano Dec 18th - 23rd if anyone is around.
    Potentially there then as well. PM me. Happy to show you around if I am there. Still working out holidays/time off with kids schedules.
    Using Tapatalk

Just had to log in to see if the stoke was still being shared on this dark , dank corner of the internet. fkn awesome.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Nice photos and great effort skiing so late in the season!

Hopefully correct place to ask...
    I am looking for a cheap motel or hostel type place to stay in Revelstoke in February. Ideally a place I can take the bus to ski and not drive around.
    Is there a reasonable way to get from Calgary to Revelstoke with a bus or shuttle or something?
    I'm trying to ski a week in Revelstoke and a week in big3 without getting a car. On a budget. Any suggestions appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I am looking for a cheap motel or hostel type place to stay in Revelstoke in February. Ideally a place I can take the bus to ski and not drive around.
    Is there a reasonable way to get from Calgary to Revelstoke with a bus or shuttle or something?
    I'm trying to ski a week in Revelstoke and a week in big3 without getting a car. On a budget. Any suggestions appreciated!

I can't really answer your question other than to suggest contacting Revelstoke Mtn Resort Guest Services for info on getting there and transportation to and from town..I think there is a shuttle. And there is a Hostel in town but I don't recall the name.

Because there are frequent Highway 1 shutdowns thru Rogers Pass, I recommend starting your trip in Revy so if there is a shutdown when you want to head back, a lost day stuck in Revy might only cost you a lost ski day in Banff rather than missing a flight out of Calgary.

Ok thanks

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post

I've looked in to this. Everywhere in Revy will be $150-ish a night. Just make sure the place includes a breakfast, and check that they're close to the shuttle route here: https://www.revelstokemountainresort...esort-shuttle/ Each ride is $4.

Of course, if I were eating breakfast at the motel one day and someone asked me for a lift to the mountain, I'd be happy to provide it. I'm sure many others would as well.

Hey BC mags, circling back to say that my BC ski trip is now all booked. My GF and I are headed up for two weeks.

Jan 5- Drive from the Tetons to Kalispell, stay for a night.
    Jan 6th- drive to Golden BC, hope to stop at a hot springs along the way.
    Jan 7th-14th Battle Abbey
    Jan 14th-17th Stay in Golden and ski Kicking Horse
    Jan 17th-20th Fernie
    Jan 21st Home

If you only had two chances at hitting hot springs in the Columbia Valley (once on the way up from Kalispell to Golden, once on the way down from Golden to Fernie), what would you recommend? PM's ok if you'd rather not post publicly.

Thanks again for helping us iron out details!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Hey BC mags, circling back to say that my BC ski trip is now all booked. My GF and I are headed up for two weeks.

Jan 5- Drive from the Tetons to Kalispell, stay for a night.
    Jan 6th- drive to Golden BC, hope to stop at a hot springs along the way.
    Jan 7th-14th Battle Abbey
    Jan 14th-17th Stay in Golden and ski Kicking Horse
    Jan 17th-20th Fernie
    Jan 21st Home

If you only had two chances at hitting hot springs in the Columbia Valley (once on the way up from Kalispell to Golden, once on the way down from Golden to Fernie), what would you recommend? PM's ok if you'd rather not post publicly.

Thanks again for helping us iron out details!
    White Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    White Swan.
    loggers enjoy dealing with vehicles that don't carry radios.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Why do locals sell out there only heritage left…lol

Ask ur self that in 10 years

Your answer should strictly be radium/ fairmont…