Name:	6A74AFCA-7FE6-4D38-A64C-2658EC7AFE39.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	590.0 KB 
ID:	409761

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Sorcerer Lodge

Iconoclast

1st sled ski assisted descent
    Nice. We did that same N face then continued to Benedict Creek in the background

Did you sled to Sorcerer and then stay there? Do they have a water pump yet, or so you still need to haul? A cook told me their kitchen is/was the worst of all the huts, but hopefully that has changed.

Sorcerer Lodge

Iconoclast

1st sled ski assisted descent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FB619CA-0467-4DC4-87DE-17FCA5BD6804.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	477.4 KB 
ID:	409760

Name:	6A74AFCA-7FE6-4D38-A64C-2658EC7AFE39.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	590.0 KB 
ID:	409761
    Nicely done, sleds are pushing in farther every year.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Name:	sled rescue.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	576.4 KB 
ID:	409879
    Relatively low post count.

Hey. I found the right thread! Anybody skiing Revy tomorrow (Friday) or sunpeaks on the weekend want to hook up for a lap or 2?

Sleds can go far these days but the mind and body must get them there. That was a trip from 2018 on G4’s

Iconoclast is a combination of multi day sled tour/ road building and rope rigging....

A good portion of Golden and Revy want and try every year to replicate that adventure but as far as I know nobody else has got there. For the most part I keep these and several other adventures close to the heart as we don’t need sleds going to sacred far off ski touring zones!!!!

Sleds can go far these days but the mind and body must get them there. That was a trip from 2018 on G4’s

Iconoclast is a combination of multi day sled tour/ road building and rope rigging....

A good portion of Golden and Revy want and try every year to replicate that adventure but as far as I know nobody else has got there. For the most part I keep these and several other adventures close to the heart as we don’t need sleds going to sacred far off ski touring zones!!!!
    But wait…. didn’t you take your sled to said zone? It’s impressive in any case.

FWIW, I once toured to the basic of Iconoclast on a Sorcerer trip. Our guide assessed it as worst wind board over facets he had ever seen, so we turned around promptly

I had no idea you could get back there on a sled, that must have been an exciting journey considering the length of the flight to get into Sorcerer and the slog it takes to get to Iconoclast on top of that. Bet there are some shenanigans with creeks and glacier crossings all the way!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

2021/22 BC Southern Interior

Sledded into the Gold Range south of Revelstoke with a buddy for 4 days/3 nights. Toured up Kelly Creek in a raging blizzard, and camped at the base of Kelly Peak.

Name:	IMG_0459.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	601.1 KB 
ID:	412626

Lapped the north face of Kelly Peak in idyllic,cold, bluebird, boot-deep conditions.

Name:	IMG_0457.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	303.2 KB 
ID:	412621

Name:	IMG_0458.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	391.3 KB 
ID:	412622

https://youtu.be/chdK3s-Uokk

Toured over a high pass, spotted and followed a Wolverine, and skied the north face of Gates Peak, as temperatures spiked to 3000m.

Name:	IMG_0460.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	412627

Grovelled out Gates creek in rain/sleet, still following the Wolverine tracks.

Name:	20220408_145942905_iOS.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	412623

Sweet pictures of several fine days out! Nice to have that kind of terrain available to explore and enjoy with only fuzzy locals.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Sweet pictures of several fine days out! Nice to have that kind of terrain available to explore and enjoy with only fuzzy locals.
    Incredible how fast and purposefully they move through the terrain, we’re such bumbling amateurs in comparison. A reminder to post any sightings to:
    https://www.wolverinewatch.org/

Nice, thinking about Gates for this weekend. Was just up at Mona pow and it was awesome skiing.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Red Mountain's remote weather plot reporting 2 m finally - as deep as it got all season.

Name:	20220508_184618740_iOS.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	389.5 KB 
ID:	415842
    40cm of mid winter powder at Kootenay Pass on Sunday.

Not sure if this is allowed/the place, but looking to spend the winter in the Revy area this season, and finding housing has been challenging so far. If anyone has any tips or general info, would love to hear from someone who has pulled this off. Feel free to PM.

Hi BC mags! My GF and I will be making a pilgrimage to the Battle Abbey Lodge this coming January.

We're driving from the Tetons to Golden, which means we'll driving up the Columbia Valley. We're thinking we may want to add on some resort days.

Wondering about whether you'd recommend Panorama or Fernie or Kicking Horse or maybe a couple days at each?

Also, are there any options for discounted passes? Our home resort is a Mountain Collective resort which doesn't seem to do anything for us in interior BC.

Are there any equivalent passes to be aware of or perhaps discount cards? For example, our local ski team sells a $20 card that gets you discounts on day tickets.

Thanks everyone.

Yea, it’s kind of silly to be on the sticks this time of year, but nice to get out of town and enjoy some turns and solitude…

Name:	IMG_2382.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	424769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2439.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	424770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2485.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	424771

noice! sweet pics
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Hi BC mags! My GF and I will be making a pilgrimage to the Battle Abbey Lodge this coming January.

We're driving from the Tetons to Golden, which means we'll driving up the Columbia Valley. We're thinking we may want to add on some resort days.

Wondering about whether you'd recommend Panorama or Fernie or Kicking Horse or maybe a couple days at each?

Also, are there any options for discounted passes? Our home resort is a Mountain Collective resort which doesn't seem to do anything for us in interior BC.

Are there any equivalent passes to be aware of or perhaps discount cards? For example, our local ski team sells a $20 card that gets you discounts on day tickets.

Thanks everyone.
    PM me if you’re interested in a cheap place to stay for a few days near Fernie…. At a smaller ski hill but only an hour from the bigger RCR hill.

Thanks everyone.
    Panorama is groomer heaven if you like that sort of thing. It gets less snow than Fernie or Kicking Horse so personally I'd give it a pass.
    Your USD will give you an excellent exchange rate for purchasing lift tickets if you can't find a discount option.
    Don't forget you need to do the ArriveCAN app to cross into Canada.
    https://www.canada.ca/en/border-serv...arrivecan.html

Thanks everyone.
    Panorama, Revelstoke, and Sun Peaks are B.C. resorts on the Mountain Collective Pass, and Lake Louise and Banff/Sunshine are the Alberta resorts on the Mountain Collective.

Thanks everyone.
    Good choice on the Abbey - incredible spot.

I believe someone with a season pass can still get you a slightly discounted ticket at KH - I don't know of any other deals out there off the top of my head. I may have a ticket or 2 I could give you if the timing works out, feel free to message me when it gets closer.

If it were me - I'd monitor conditions at Fernie and see how things are looking and decide as late as possible. KH seems to have more dependable conditions, and you're coming up here anyway to fly into the Abbey - so could spend more time in Golden if conditions dictate. Like others said, I'd skip Pano personally...
    Drive slow, homie.

As stated, conditions can vary greatly.
    Screw the discounts, go wherever it’s good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    As stated, conditions can vary greatly.
    Screw the discounts, go wherever it’s good.
    ^^^This. Lift tickets in Alberta and the B.C. Interior are usually just over $100Cdn, which it about $75USd, meaning you get some of the best value for your skiing dollar compared to anywhere in North America.