Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Well if there is anything I can do to help here in Kelowna, let me know. Very curious about this daughter!

Seems like a pretty slow start to the season here…Hopefully this weekend delivers some more accumulation

The accommodations at Big Red Cats, right at the base of Red, weren’t very expensive.

Does Tash still run the Red/Rossland shuttle?

Not bad some strong pointing action. Good first day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211111_111146.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	392403
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Well if there is anything I can do to help here in Kelowna, let me know. Very curious about this daughter!

Seems like a pretty slow start to the season here…Hopefully this weekend delivers some more accumulation
    All booked up. We'll be out Feb 10-16, skiing 5 days. Booked an AirB&B in Trail (best I could find) for 5 nights, and then a hotel room at the KLW airport the last night for an easy commute in the morning. Rental car was almost $700 for the week - insane. Been wanting to get to Rossland/Red for YEARS - looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    All booked up. We'll be out Feb 10-16, skiing 5 days. Booked an AirB&B in Trail (best I could find) for 5 nights, and then a hotel room at the KLW airport the last night for an easy commute in the morning. Rental car was almost $700 for the week - insane. Been wanting to get to Rossland/Red for YEARS - looking forward to it.
    You are going to have a blast, do the Mt Kirkup cat ski, some fun terrain over there

Name:	IMG_9068.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	393666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9078.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	800.7 KB 
ID:	393667

Some amazing, early-season conditions at big white.
    Firm, supportive base bottom of gem to the summit with 10 to 20 cm on top of that. Fun stretching the legs

This thread is getting me stoked. Popping my British Columbia cherry with a trip to Nelson Jan 21-30. Spending 7 nights in the Ymir hut for my level 2 with tgapp. And hopefully a day at Whitewater before/after.

Probably the least busy opening day at RMR for a decade. Not sure if that is due to highway closures or the vaccine policy.

Now waiting to see what tonight's warm up does to the good skiing.

"Due to extreme avalanche hazard, we have made the decision to keep the Resort closed today. This is a historic event and the safety of our staff and guests is our number one priority." Guess that answers what last nights warm up did.

It's good for the base...

Fuckin hell.....

Wasn't expecting much when I went up RMR today. Pleasantly surprised by great skiing above 2000m. Below that the buried crust became increasingly noticeable and the groomers down to the Stoke were rutted concrete. Never seen debris on SWF before!

15c in Vernon this morning. 16c. Salmon arm. Wtf? over....
    Last edited by el hefe; 12-01-2021 at 11:13 AM.

For the Celsius challenged

Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-01 123930.png
Views: 731
Size:  40.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Revelstoke didn't get as stupidly hot as Salmon Arm or Vernon, but Gnorm got a good wash overnight. Didn't get the skis out.

Name:	gnorm.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	628.4 KB 
ID:	394875

Was 20c today here. 22c in Penticton, that is stupid warm. Long range looking good fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Was 20c today here. 22c in Penticton, that is stupid warm. Long range looking good fingers crossed.
    Wow! Best we could manage in Wenatchee was 18 or 19. Beautiful day though

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

10 degrees this morning in cgy- now it’s a white Xmas....

Looks like east Rockies picked up a solid amount of Niege as well....

Crazy how those temps can vary so much Between the ranges in the area....

Hows it all shaping up out that way? It looks like we might have the highways open again so get prepared to get rolled by vancouverites and possibly me. Hoping to spend some days at Rogers Pass after the kids go back to school

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Hows it all shaping up out that way? It looks like we might have the highways open again so get prepared to get rolled by vancouverites and possibly me. Hoping to spend some days at Rogers Pass after the kids go back to school
    A. The Pass has record snow.

South Kootenays are lagging a bit but there's a massive change in snow depth between elevations

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Pipeliners with sleds are enjoying the N.Thompson https://www.facebook.com/ridevalemou...03610303001245
    My turn this weekend, with another 30cm forecast. Hope my new binders come in so I can mount up my new skis!

Never know to post this in the Northern, Southern or Rockies.

Revy area and Pass are skiing excellent. Heard the crust is still noticeable in the Malakwa area under 40 cm ish of fresh and lower then normal coverage. South facing no beuno.

Silver Star and Big White are a bit behind schedule but improving quickly. We got hit hard by the big warm in Nov.

Advice for a dry-climate guy (CO) headed your way -- when you're going for a week in a hut outside of Nelson -- what sort of outwear layers do you bring? Hardshell pants/jacket? Hardshell pants, softshell and hardshell jackets? All softshells?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Advice for a dry-climate guy (CO) headed your way -- when you're going for a week in a hut outside of Nelson -- what sort of outwear layers do you bring? Hardshell pants/jacket? Hardshell pants, softshell and hardshell jackets? All softshells?
    What time of the year? what hut? What elevation?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    What time of the year? what hut? What elevation?
    Mid Jan. Ymir hut. 1900m elevation.

Oh, and it's a heli drop in. So not overly concerned about an extra pair of pants or two shells.
    Last edited by doebedoe; 12-16-2021 at 06:55 PM.