Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    PSA: BD closing out Helio 200 LT for $300 https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...0-lt-bindings/
    Don't forget 8% from BD on activejunkey

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    PSA: BD closing out Helio 200 LT for $300 https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...0-lt-bindings/
    Very good deal, but I'd say the $380 Haute Route bindings from Oliunid are a better deal for most. If you ever plan on using ski crampons, the hooks cost $50 and they are not included with the Helio 200 LT while they are included with the Haute Route. The Haute Route also has the heel plate, leashes, and a magnetized heel riser.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Very good deal, but I'd say the $380 Haute Route bindings from Oliunid are a better deal for most. If you ever plan on using ski crampons, the hooks cost $50 and they are not included with the Helio 200 LT while they are included with the Haute Route. The Haute Route also has the heel plate, leashes, and a magnetized heel riser.
    Not to mention the BD ones use a heavier toe than the ATK version.
    I don't understand why they brand one LT and then sold it with heavier parts

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    Not to mention the BD ones use a heavier toe than the ATK version.
    I don't understand why they brand one LT and then sold it with heavier parts
    The toe only weighs like 7g more than the regular Haute Route/SL World Cup toe but it is definitely a bit less classy looking. They probably brand it LT because it can be mounted flat on the ski without a heel adjustment plate, which you can't do with the Haute Route.

The toe only weighs like 7g more than the regular Haute Route/SL World Cup toe but it is definitely a bit less classy looking. They probably brand it LT because it can be mounted flat on the ski without a heel adjustment plate, which you can't do with the Haute Route.
    why can’t you mount the haute route heel without a plate? it’s the same standard 4 hole pattern

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    why can’t you mount the haute route heel without a plate? it’s the same standard 4 hole pattern
    You can, but the jig set up that ATK sells is not equipped with the hole pattern for the heel gap offset. I truly don't understand why they made that decision, and you can still use their jig it just take some finagling.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    You can, but the jig set up that ATK sells is not equipped with the hole pattern for the heel gap offset. I truly don't understand why they made that decision, and you can still use their jig it just take some finagling.
    Fascinating, I didn't know that this heel piece has a different pin gap offset than other heel pieces. Whoops

I picked up a set of these of ebay awhile ago and am happy with the ~25$ spent. I put them on 90mm ski for resort laps and get great glide on firm days. I also started bringing them as a backup on tours. Just know they are the stickiest skins I've ever used...

Quote Originally Posted by metalltrilogy View Post
    I picked up a set of these of ebay awhile ago and am happy with the ~25$ spent. I put them on 90mm ski for resort laps and get great glide on firm days. I also started bringing them as a backup on tours. Just know they are the stickiest skins I've ever used...
    The original BD label as shown clearly states Nylon in the picture.
    But I thought back then that all the black BD skins were Mohair?
    (And do remember that sticky, but in an effective way, i.e., not impossible to pull apart.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Got a set for the GF Karhu touring skis, will not be wall to wall but should work fine for her needs. I am thinking of taking two sets and connecting them side by side with a strip of nylon similar to what G3 has used in the past.

I would just need to rig a tip and tail fixtures, maybe even just do the fold over method and might be a cheap set of fat ski skinz. At the least have back up spares for myself or friends.
    watch out for snakes

anyone know anything about the black crows vastus? can't really find much online of anyone actually skiing them.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Got a set for the GF Karhu touring skis [...]
    Are they really nylon and not mohair or even momix?
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

They are nylon as far as I can tell.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by s_squatch View Post
    anyone know anything about the black crows vastus? can't really find much online of anyone actually skiing them.
    My wife has skied the 171 with a Helio 180 for a few years and loves them, mostly resort laps but she's done a couple mellow tours with them. It sounds like the Mentis improved the overall capability and balance of the ski, with a bit more waist and tail, along with a longer radius, but I don't think they're that different.

Cool, good to hear. Kind of exactly what I'm looking for, mostly resort laps/skinning for no reason other than skinning. Decent price on them at corbetts ~330 usd shipped so just pulled the trigger.

https://www.corbetts.com/2018-black-...ird-mens-skis/

In case anyone else is looking for a similar ski.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    My wife has skied the 171 with a Helio 180 for a few years and loves them, mostly resort laps but she's done a couple mellow tours with them. It sounds like the Mentis improved the overall capability and balance of the ski, with a bit more waist and tail, along with a longer radius, but I don't think they're that different.

Quote Originally Posted by s_squatch View Post
    Cool, good to hear. Kind of exactly what I'm looking for, mostly resort laps/skinning for no reason other than skinning. Decent price on them at corbetts ~330 usd shipped so just pulled the trigger.

https://www.corbetts.com/2018-black-...ird-mens-skis/

In case anyone else is looking for a similar ski.
    Solid deal!

Anyone replaced the power strap on a Dynafit PDG2? The velcro delammed on mine and went through warranty and Dynafit sent me replacement straps but I cannot work out how the rivet things get fastened. Looks a bit like a double ended rivet but I cannot get the two pieces to fit together - I'm assuming there is a tool that makes this easy.

I've got some Pierre Gignoux boots I need to send back to France for repairs. I've never shipped anything to Europe before, what's the cheapest/best way to do it?

I've got some Pierre Gignoux boots I need to send back to France for repairs. I've never shipped anything to Europe before, what's the cheapest/best way to do it?
    Out of total armchair curiosity do you have any pics of the damage to the boots?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Out of total armchair curiosity do you have any pics of the damage to the boots?
    I broke the plastic front part of the cuff, I can put up pics later. I don't blame the boots at all, it was a very weird crash. Should be a straightforward fix

I have the following skinny skis for sale:

- Fischer Alpattack race skis w/ low techs and skins - Good used condition - $500
    - Movement Alp Tracks 85, 177 cmm w/ Superlite 150s and skins - Excellent condition - $710
    - Dynafit Superlite 150 brakes - Excellent condition - $30

Located in SLC. Brakes ship free, split shipping for skis (~$15). Venmo, PayPal, crypto.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221222_030144801.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	440203

Name:	PXL_20221222_030734739.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	440204

Name:	PXL_20221222_031115279.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1,007.0 KB 
ID:	440205

More Pics: https://imgur.com/a/4X0hpkb

Name:	88B124A2-4497-4884-84A4-20455E7FEE02.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	440206

Finally got out on my re purposed Hagans. Low tide but very good groomed condition for trail riding and abusing the GF on skis for her first time.

Green and later blue special wax was the bomb.

Praise be to Ullr
    watch out for snakes

Name:  1ZDnxlK.png
Views: 621
Size:  667.3 KB

quiver pic

Did you nab those Aski off KSL? Nice score if so!