Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Screaming deal on Size 28 Palau liners, used once, on SGSAF right now:

Name:  YqKpfmP.png
Views: 1163
Size:  328.0 KB

l'm trying to sell or trade my randonerd suit. Listed in GS here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rd-1piece-Suit

This might interest someone. 169 Alptracks 84 + skins for $550: https://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/d...410785468.html

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    This might interest someone. 169 Alptracks 84 + skins for $550: https://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/d...410785468.html
    I messaged that guy a few weeks ago asking for $450 but he said he was firm. Maybe he'll go down a bit more now.

I have some Mezzalama boots for sale.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...lama-boot-26-5

Does booster or anyone make a skinny, light strap? I'm looking to get rid of the shitty Velcro strap on the skorpius and would like something stretchy with a cam

No one else that I'm aware of makes a stretchy power strap except Atomic. There was a recent Blister podcast with onenerdykid and he said Booster had some kind of patent that just expired, so Atomic is just now releasing their stretchy strap, but its super bulky and not appropriate for touring.

These are what you want, not stretchy but really nice, thin material with a cam strap https://skimo.co/dynafit-power-straps

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    No one else that I'm aware of makes a stretchy power strap except Atomic. There was a recent Blister podcast with onenerdykid and he said Booster had some kind of patent that just expired, so Atomic is just now releasing their stretchy strap, but its super bulky and not appropriate for touring.

These are what you want, not stretchy but really nice, thin material with a cam strap https://skimo.co/dynafit-power-straps
    Voile strap for the win

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post

Thanks, i see someone has even asked about skorpius compatibility under

Just dipping my toes into counting grams and being a weight weenie after finally ditching my frame bindings last year. Can my fellow refugees provide some advice?

Current setup is the fischer hannibal 96 paired with fischer travers boots. Makes for an epic fitness/volcano/spring setup. After skiing heavy pnw powder with them last weekend I'm thinking of getting a "lean-beef" setup to complement it for deeper days.

Am I crazy for thinking of pairing a scarpa F1 with a 178 voile hypercharger (106 underfoot)? Will an F1 help a mediocre skiier drive them in heavy pow? Any other "light-beef" recs for a boot?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9496FADB-9BE5-4894-8DE6-D1786B0B484F.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	417.1 KB 
ID:	397415

I have a set of brand new, never mounted Plum 170’s with crampon holders that I’ll sell if anyones interested.

Name:	IMG_2150.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	397449

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Does booster or anyone make a skinny, light strap? I'm looking to get rid of the shitty Velcro strap on the skorpius and would like something stretchy with a cam
    I contacted booster and they sent me one with a plastic buckle rather than metal

That's great info, thanks!

These are stretchy but no cam:

I prefer the XL (wider) straps as they are a bit stiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    scarpa F1 with a 178 voile hypercharger (106 underfoot)? Will an F1 help a mediocre skiier drive them in heavy pow? Any other "light-beef" recs for a boot?
    I ski my Carbon Megawatts (120UF) with F1s. It's fine--it's not like I take those skis out when I expect to buy a bunch of high speed hardpack. The F1 is def a more forgiving boot than the RS. I suspect it would be a similar delta to a Travers, but the fit is supposed to be pretty different. Travers is known to be quite high volume.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Current setup is the fischer hannibal 96 paired with fischer travers boots. Makes for an epic fitness/volcano/spring setup. After skiing heavy pnw powder with them last weekend I'm thinking of getting a "lean-beef" setup to complement it for deeper days.

Am I crazy for thinking of pairing a scarpa F1 with a 178 voile hypercharger (106 underfoot)? Will an F1 help a mediocre skiier drive them in heavy pow? Any other "light-beef" recs for a boot?

I ski the hypercharger as my pow ski with F1 LTs. It's a really great ski - light but super easy to ski and lively. It might be a little narrow for you, though. At just 10mm wider, I'm not sure if it'd be "worth it" for you as the second in a two-ski quiver. Especially if you're on a 96 as your volcano ski with Ions. Maybe the Hyper V8 (110) would be a really good ski for you, or even the hyperdrifter (118).

The F1 will have no problem driving the ski, especially if you're skiing them in powder.

Thanks for the input yall.

Appreciate the comparison to the RS. I feel like I don’t want/need a boot as stiff as the RS.

I definitely want to avoid a ski that is too similar to what I have going on. That 176 (112 UF) V8 looks pretty sweet… that’d put me +16mm from my current setup.

Thanks for the input yall.

Appreciate the comparison to the RS. I feel like I don’t want/need a boot as stiff as the RS.

I definitely want to avoid a ski that is too similar to what I have going on. That 176 (112 UF) V8 looks pretty sweet… that’d put me +16mm from my current setup.
    FWIW I have a Wayback 96 for volcanoes etc which I ski with a light boot (Backland) and a Supercharger (soon to be replaced by the Hyper) that I ski with a pretty heavy boot (MTN Explore). I personally would feel overpowered trying to ski heavy PNW pow with a lightweight boot... it's just not enough power transfer between my leg/foot and the ski. The Voile Hypercharger geometry is pretty different from the Hannibal even though the waist width is only 1 cm off. You have a much bigger shovel and overall surface area to float with. The Supercharger is a great ski for PNW, I just don't like skiing it with a light boot. I have a feeling the significantly lighter Hyperchargers would be easier to ski with a light boot unless the snow is wet, but I'll probably use my heavier ones on them anyway most of the time.

That said I certainly could ski my lightweight setup all the time. I do take them out on big missions in winter. I just have more fun riding the heavier setup in most midwinter PNW conditions. But it's probably a personal preference thing.

buying new boots tomorrow. Thinking TLT8 need the width. Is the Custom Light enough liner? Thinking SW CO winter. Spring AK expeditions. Skimo mentions liner often gets exchanged for Palau. Seems like if so should get the expedition and eat the 100 grams.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    FWIW I have a Wayback 96 for volcanoes etc which I ski with a light boot (Backland) and a Supercharger (soon to be replaced by the Hyper) that I ski with a pretty heavy boot (MTN Explore). I personally would feel overpowered trying to ski heavy PNW pow with a lightweight boot... it's just not enough power transfer between my leg/foot and the ski. The Voile Hypercharger geometry is pretty different from the Hannibal even though the waist width is only 1 cm off. You have a much bigger shovel and overall surface area to float with. The Supercharger is a great ski for PNW, I just don't like skiing it with a light boot. I have a feeling the significantly lighter Hyperchargers would be easier to ski with a light boot unless the snow is wet, but I'll probably use my heavier ones on them anyway most of the time.

That said I certainly could ski my lightweight setup all the time. I do take them out on big missions in winter. I just have more fun riding the heavier setup in most midwinter PNW conditions. But it's probably a personal preference thing.
    Good points. I ski in the Wasatch and have never skied PNW snow.

Name:	9496FADB-9BE5-4894-8DE6-D1786B0B484F.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	417.1 KB 
ID:	397415
    I have skied many days on F1s with ultra light skis but also 182 UL GPOs, Zero G 108s and Zero G 105s. Great boot. They don't have that on/off feeling that most light boots have and the range of motion is far better than all the heavier boots I've skied. It's a tweener boot that just works and is extremely durable. They handle sturdier touring skis fine if you're a solid skier and the snow is ok.

But if you want to enjoy skiing bad snow go with something like the Zero G Tour Pro or Hawx XTD. You lose a significant range of motion compared to the F1, but they don't weight much more. And they are much, much more supportive. Some people have a maximum weight or width they're willing to entertain with touring gear. That's fine. I certainly understand the pleasure of moving efficiently uphill. But weight weenies (I count myself as a part time weight weenie) have a tendency to overstate small differences in performance between similar products because they don't consider gear beyond a certain size or weight. If you want more control going downhill you can get a small boost buy getting F1s or you can get near-alpine performance from a different class of boot.

That said, it seems like the light-but-stiff boot everyone is praising right now is the La Sportiva Skorpius. I haven't skied them and likely never will (like most La Sportiva boots the fit is... particular) but they are quite stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I have skied many days on F1s with ultra light skis but also 182 UL GPOs, Zero G 108s and Zero G 105s. Great boot. They don't have that on/off feeling that most light boots have and the range of motion is far better than all the heavier boots I've skied. It's a tweener boot that just works and is extremely durable. They handle sturdier touring skis fine if you're a solid skier and the snow is ok.

But if you want to enjoy skiing bad snow go with something like the Zero G Tour Pro or Hawx XTD. You lose a significant range of motion compared to the F1, but they don't weight much more. And they are much, much more supportive. Some people have a maximum weight or width they're willing to entertain with touring gear. That's fine. I certainly understand the pleasure of moving efficiently uphill. But weight weenies (I count myself as a part time weight weenie) have a tendency to overstate small differences in performance between similar products because they don't consider gear beyond a certain size or weight. If you want more control going downhill you can get a small boost buy getting F1s or you can get near-alpine performance from a different class of boot.

That said, it seems like the light-but-stiff boot everyone is praising right now is the La Sportiva Skorpius. I haven't skied them and likely never will (like most La Sportiva boots the fit is... particular) but they are quite stiff.

The Scorpius looks interesting. I'll have to see if I can try it on somewhere

People have also been saying that the Dynafit Radical might be a ZeroG or Hawx-type boot that walks like a 1kg boot. And not a LS-type fit boot.

After some feedback from this thread, I tracked down a pair of La Sportiva Skorpius' to slip on. Really excited about the fit and flex, I have a super low instep so these felt like game changers. The range of motion is 'very good' but not as smooth as the F1 LT or Alien RS (I compared the three) at the end of the day, they fit me best so I'll be trying to free up some money for a pair.

I have a pair of Alien RS's that I'll be tossing up on Gearswap if anyone is interested. Size 28. Low days (like 9-10) some scuffing on the plastic but minimal. No hiking on rock or anything of the sort. I wish I had a higher instep because these would be golden if I did.

Also... if anyone has a lightly used 27.5 Skorpius I'd be interested.

I'll take those RS just to have as a spare. PM incoming.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.