Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    ^^^ Good to know, thank ya! Yes, we'll see how the CD's do. I'd really like to try a pair of the Down LD's... but alas those are quite hard to find

Figured this is as good a place as any here to ask where folks are having luck finding replacement U springs for ATK Trofeo/ (BD 145) bindings. Looking for a steel 10 din spring. Hoping to find some state side and not have to order from Snowinn or TP. Not seeing them listed at Skimo, but I’ll give them a call also.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Snowinn and TP are great retailers. No sales tax and they usually ship very fast.

And as others have said as well, the ATK Trofeo heel lateral release # is whatever is stamped on the flap, U spring # is just vertical release.

Agree on Telemark Pyrenees. Real skiers, ship fast.
    Not so sure on Trekinn. Have read several hoort stories about stuff not shipping or shipping wrong, and then no, or poor, response from customer service.

Still, a U spring seems low risk.

Ok, I’ll give TP or Snowinn a try. Thanks for the feedback!

Did you try Black Diamond?
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Did you try Black Diamond?
    Didn’t call just checked on pro form and they’re website and they weren’t showing any. I’ll give them a call.

The complete spare parts list is far more extensive than any order forms.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Figured this is as good a place as any here to ask where folks are having luck finding replacement U springs for ATK Trofeo/ (BD 145) bindings. Looking for a steel 10 din spring. Hoping to find some state side and not have to order from Snowinn or TP. Not seeing them listed at Skimo, but I’ll give them a call also.

spyderjon.

I was able to remount Dynafit Blacklight 88 (172) and Movement Alp Tracks 89 (169) for my boots today. Both are mounted +1 due to hole conflicts/resale considerations. Will be able to test them in the next few weeks, and I'm very excited. Comparison of their shape and mounts; the arrow on the Alp Tracks is the boot center.

Name:  926uPGi.png
Views: 660
Size:  536.0 KBName:  KYPM8sv.png
Views: 663
Size:  439.4 KB

Blacklights with Hagan Ultra WC (ATK SL World Cup) from stuntedalbatross (thank u!!) weigh 1319g
    Alp Tracks with Helio 110 (ATK SL Lightweight World Cup) weigh 1230g

Not quite sure how to orient my quiver. The Voile Hyperchargers have been fantastic for tight trees and open faces both. Previously I had sort of oriented my quiver as race/spring/"daily driver"/powder, but I'm not sure what "daily driver" would entail. I was kicking around the idea of separating a quiver into (For Utah): race, spring, steep/stable powder, and low-angle powder.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Blacklights with Hagan Ultra WC (ATK SL World Cup) from stuntedalbatross (thank u!!) weigh 1319g
    Alp Tracks with Helio 110 (ATK SL Lightweight World Cup) weigh 1230g
    FYI I don't think you are correct about those being SL Lightweight. The Lightweight version have a milled down U spring to get a lighter release value and I don't know any companies rebranding those particular versions. Also the picture seems to show a full strength U spring

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    FYI I don't think you are correct about those being SL Lightweight. The Lightweight version have a milled down U spring to get a lighter release value and I don't know any companies rebranding those particular versions. Also the picture seems to show a full strength U spring
    Hmmm, that's interesting. I was just going off the pics on the ATK website and could only discern the rolling u-spring vs. a non-rolling u-spring. Do you have any pics of the SL Lightweight? I just have the bog standard Helio 110s.

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    Hmmm, that's interesting. I was just going off the pics on the ATK website and could only discern the rolling u-spring vs. a non-rolling u-spring. Do you have any pics of the SL Lightweight? I just have the bog standard Helio 110s.
    The current version of the SL Lightweight has the rolling-in springs. Aside from the graphics and the lower-release/retention heel springs, exactly the same as the regular SL World Cup.

Agreed on the lack of any rebranding of that model variation.
    But if looking to buy new or retrofit an older binding, can achieve the same combo on your own:
    https://www.haganskimountaineering.c...o-race-binding
    https://www.haganskimountaineering.c...ling-in-system
    (The retrofitting is not technically demanding, yet is a little annoying. To provide a little bit of "encouragement" for the new springs, I used my grandfather's upholstery hammer, which also sees a lot of duty to leverage -- but not whack! -- binding toe pieces that might be a little skewed before the final torqueing.)

Not to abuse the ‘cross post’ but I posted a pair of k2 Wayback 88’s with skins in gear swap that only have a handful of days from when I purchased them last April. Asking $375 plus shipping for the skis and K2 Branded Pomocas. Might be a good setup for someone following this thread or a friend who only has wide get you’re trying to push toward a skinny setup.

They show as 1340 on my scale which is pretty solid for a 181cm that skis well.

Does anyone know what type of Pomoca skins those K2 skins are? I just got a set and am idly curious.

It’s a 70-30 blend. I’m not sure of the exact coatings but something like the climb pro-s but likely missing some of the ‘super’ coatings. So maybe just the climb pro?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Does anyone know what type of Pomoca skins those K2 skins are? I just got a set and am idly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    It’s a 70-30 blend. I’m not sure of the exact coatings but something like the climb pro-s but likely missing some of the ‘super’ coatings. So maybe just the climb pro?
    Skimoco Q&A seems to indicate they are the climb pro 2.0. For what it's worth, they look exactly like the Voile skins, and neither company is particularly associated with that green color, so they could be the same. Skimoco Q&A on the Voile skins says they're most similar to the free pro 1.0 or the same "like s-glide but without the glide coating." Seems that the glide coating is a bit overblown. I had a day on like new s-glides last night. Grip well, I think better than old climb pro 2.0s I use on other skis. Both have comparable glide, although I could see the s-glides new being a bit better.

I really find the Pomoca skin lineup very confusing.

Skimoco Q&A seems to indicate they are the climb pro 2.0. For what it's worth, they look exactly like the Voile skins, and neither company is particularly associated with that green color, so they could be the same. Skimoco Q&A on the Voile skins says they're most similar to the free pro 1.0 or the same "like s-glide but without the glide coating." Seems that the glide coating is a bit overblown. I had a day on like new s-glides last night. Grip well, I think better than old climb pro 2.0s I use on other skis. Both have comparable glide, although I could see the s-glides new being a bit better.

I really find the Pomoca skin lineup very confusing.
    Thanks for the explanation. That was a headache trying to figure out the Pomoca versions.

I'm in! Span both sides from heavy af inbounds to skimo toothpicks. Don't worry the frame bindings on enforcers was not something I put on there and only ever gone uphill with them once about 10 years ago.

TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I'm in. Span both sides from heavy af inbounds to skimo toothpicks.

I should take a quiver pic but that's my attitude as well. Everything from heavy AF rigs to (not-quite-skimo) 1kg setups.

I find that in perfect snow, light skis are a blast. But I also find that in perfect snow, wider skis are a mega blast.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I'm in! Span both sides from heavy af inbounds to skimo toothpicks. Don't worry the frame bindings on enforcers was not something I put on there and only ever gone uphill with them once about 10 years ago.

Are those WOVN skis?

You guys like Wovns? Here's my new pair Name:  wovn.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  57.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Are those WOVN skis?
    Yup, two pairs! Got them last season from Peter selling off some blems/ protos pre them setting up the WOVN name. The skimo race skis are awesome, and fell way more confidence inspiring (much larger "sweet spot" for moving your weight fore-aft) on the way down than my old s-labs did.
    Last edited by NorCalNomad; 01-11-2022 at 11:33 AM.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Double wovn guy goddamn found the new thread chad-in-chief.