Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What the fuck is going on?

This is insane. Is it some sort of zombie like behavior connected to Covid? How does this continue happening?

Flight attendant suffers broken bones in ‘one of the worst displays of unruly behavior’ in the skies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trans...endant-attack/

A flight attendant for American Airlines suffered broken bones in her face and had to be hospitalized after a passenger allegedly attacked her Wednesday in an incident the company’s chief executive called “one of the worst displays of unruly behavior we’ve ever witnessed.”
    The incident occurred on a flight from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, Calif. It prompted the pilots to divert the flight to Denver, where the passenger was detained.
    The flight attendant apparently bumped the passenger while moving through the first-class cabin, according to Julie Hedrick, president of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, which represents those who fly for American Airlines. The flight attendant apologized, but the passenger left his seat, confronted her as she stood in the aircraft’s galley, then punched her in the face, Hedrick said.
    [Unruly passengers are straining the system for keeping passengers safe in the sky]
    Hedrick said the flight attendant was taken to a hospital for treatment of broken bones in her face. She was later released.
    The incident echoed one from earlier this year in which a Southwest Airlines flight attendant lost several teeth after a passenger allegedly punched her in the face. The attacks come on the heels of an increase in incidents in which passengers have shouted obscenities, pushed and shoved flight attendants, harassed other passengers or even attempted to open the cockpit door.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Fuck all of this. It’s ruining the whole experience for us normal people. It’s like the assholes who show up at school board meetings. It’s almost like it’s planned behavior to get us to lose our ability to fly as easily as we do now.
    Fuck all these fascist Nazi jack ass dip shits.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Dude we are fucked. Have you driven around any sized metropolitan area lately? Just a tad under Mad Max levels of aggro….. It’s insane. Here in Burque, we’re at eight (8) road rage homicides and counting for the year, in addition to the eighty 80) plus non motorized murders….As to that article, throw that fucker in gen pop and let it ride….

ETA- What Plugboots said.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

The implosion of a dominant world power has people on edge. Change isn’t going to be pretty.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

What the fuck is going on?

Somebody bumps you and you punch them in the face? In first class? A female flight attendant? What in the actual fuckity-fuck?
    I usually say: “Oops, sorry!”
    Two things I just can’t stand are hypocrisy and bullying. How do you punch a woman?
    Last edited by plugboots; 10-28-2021 at 11:33 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Is there a national do not fly list for these fucksticks? In addition to jail you should loose flying privileges for ALL airlines not just the carrier you happen to be flying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There are more undiagnosed mental health problems in this country than we would like to admit.

And many millions of diagnosed people that continue to act out or go unmedicated, for whatever reasons. Alcohol often plays a role.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Just bring back the America Burning thread so we don’t have to rehash it all.
    What’s been going on in there anyway?

Rasputin is offline Полые тростник на ветру
    I'd say that those who have made their way through life suppressing their emotions, have been time bombs waiting for a significant stressor to trigger their fight or flight survival instincts. The pandemic was for many the beginning of the realization of how powerless they really are, and this awareness is triggering their primal survival instincts in situations where they don't feel they can escape, so instead they attack the one triggering them, or anyone who is readily available.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Is there a national do not fly list for these fucksticks? In addition to jail you should loose flying privileges for ALL airlines not just the carrier you happen to be flying

Not that I know of...the airlines would have to collaborate. And they should.

Next Thursday, I’m flying from PHL to ORD (and back Monday). I think I’ll keep my mask on and my head drown….unless some guy assaults a woman…then I am beating that guy senseless.

Seriously: WHAT.IN.THE.ACTUAL.FUCK?!?!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Next Thursday, I’m flying from PHL to ORD (and back Monday). I think I’ll keep my mask on and my head drown….unless some guy assaults a woman…then I am beating that guy senseless.

Seriously: WHAT.IN.THE.ACTUAL.FUCK?!?!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I keep waiting to see this outrageous behavior you hear about on the internet and mostly it’s just people putting their headphones on a sitting like normal people. The most annoying thing that happens is the person next to you wants to have a conversation about some inane topic instead of letting me have 2 hours of sleep or reading time, etc.

If my vacation got delayed because some asshole caused the plane to be re-routed, I'd strongly consider beating the shit out of them.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I keep waiting to see this outrageous behavior you hear about on the internet and mostly it’s just people putting their headphones on a sitting like normal people. The most annoying thing that happens is the person next to you wants to have a conversation about some inane topic instead of letting me have 2 hours of sleep or reading time, etc.
    Errr...the outrageous behavior is in the link kindly provided by Benny. Of all the inter-personal interactions that occur through day, sure it's a miniscule minority...but, if it did occur in my vicinity, it would be difficult to idly stand by and watch a man punch a woman.

And certainly an internet search will show you that this isn't the first time this has ever happened...esp to flight attendants.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Sure but what he's saying is don't get carried away with the hype. It happened and it's bananas and wrong but also a couple of million people fly every day. The internet makes things seem worse than they are, which is bad enough without hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post

Right? It's fine to have the TSA maintain a do not fly list, the criteria for which are opaque, and for which there's no recourse when you're added for no good reason, but people who actually assault airline employees aren't added to it. Makes sense, right?

I haven’t flown in 3yrs (used to fly fairly frequently growing up & the experience has degraded so much that I avoid it now if at all possible) — headed to see my folks at thanksgiving & dreading the whole travel experience

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Errr...the outrageous behavior is in the link kindly provided by Benny. Of all the inter-personal interactions that occur through day, sure it's a miniscule minority...but, if it did occur in my vicinity, it would be difficult to idly stand by and watch a man punch a woman.

And certainly an internet search will show you that this isn't the first time this has ever happened...esp to flight attendants.
    Errr… I mean I haven’t seen it in person on a flight.

Thanks for assuming I can’t read the link I guess?

Whatever happened to the Air Marshall program post-09/11? Do they still exist? Seems like there is a need for them right about now……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Sure but what he's saying is don't get carried away with the hype. It happened and it's bananas and wrong but also a couple of million people fly every day. The internet makes things seem worse than they are, which is bad enough without hysteria.
    Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No details on the other passenger’s getting up and pounding the guy? That’s telling. Things are different
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

All of these fucks deserve to be on the no-fly list. Hopefully this guy does some time.

I'm shocked you're all so shocked. Most domestic airline travel has been the equivalent of a flying greyhound bus for quite some time. There are just more cell phone cameras now to catch the few random assholes who can't behave themselves.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."