Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    No, but getting warmer. You staying at Garmish Resort ? We have their restaurant reserved a couple weeks earlier for my mom’s 95th b-day.

Give me a shout and we can link up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No we’re at Lakewoods - long time family thing, like 1920s or before long time!!! We go every 3 years, other side of the family owns Paine Island, looks kinda like your place!!!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    what’s yer dogs name?

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    No we’re at Lakewoods - long time family thing, like 1920s or before long time!!! We go every 3 years, other side of the family owns Paine Island, looks kinda like your place!!!
    I know that place. Give me a shout when you are in the area.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Harry’s Island

A cool event is happening on my island this weekend.

I was contacted by my old Boy Scout troop about a camping trip on my island. Of course I said yes.

This evening the adult leaders arrived and set up their camp. Tomorrow the Scouts themselves arrive.

I offered to shuttle everyone out there via motorboat, but the Scoutmaster wants them to canoe to the island. I like that Scoutmasters attitude.

One of the adult leaders is someone I have known since kindergarten. He has a grandson in the troop now.

I went out there for a couple hours this evening and sat around the campfire with them. Very enjoyable.

Pic I took departing at dusk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1658459514.154855.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	422132

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I was contacted by my old Boy Scout troop about a camping trip on my island. Of course I said yes.

This evening the adult leaders arrived and set up their camp. Tomorrow the Scouts themselves arrive.

I offered to shuttle everyone out there via motorboat, but the Scoutmaster wants them to canoe to the island. I like that Scoutmasters attitude.

One of the adult leaders is someone I have known since kindergarten. He has a grandson in the troop now.

I went out there for a couple hours this evening and sat around the campfire with them. Very enjoyable.

FKNA!! Brush up on your knots and set up an ax throwing range!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

That is a cool event to host!

So maybe sneak back out there in the middle of the night…

https://www.shopmascot.com/Realistic...oaAnL4EALw_wcB

A gorilla costume would bring more laughs and be less likely to get you shot. Or a chicken suit.

When I was active we had a troop alum with nice property on the edge of town. They hosted an event there for the troop every fall. We used it as an opportunity to invite kids from the local cub scout packs, especially with older Weblos for recruiting. It was by far the most effective recruiting tool to keep the troop strong..

That is awesome.

Before my canoe trip I listened to a bunch of the WTIP Boundary Waters podcasts. One of the things that struck me is how kid oriented canoe camping can be, and is. In comparison to backpacking out west which tends to be dominated by childless couples and groups or if there are families they have college age kids.

Now that I am couple months out I find myself listening to the old episodes at work. https://wtip.org/podcasts/boundary-waters-podcast/

My guess is a couple of those kids become canoe and wilderness explorers for life because of your thoughtful generosity.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    That is awesome.

Before my canoe trip I listened to a bunch of the WTIP Boundary Waters podcasts. One of the things that struck me is how kid oriented canoe camping can be, and is. In comparison to backpacking out west which tends to be dominated by childless couples and groups or if there are families they have college age kids.

Now that I am couple months out I find myself listening to the old episodes at work. https://wtip.org/podcasts/boundary-waters-podcast/

My guess is a couple of those kids become canoe and wilderness explorers for life because of your thoughtful generosity.
    And hopefully steers them away from the #vanlife

If only you could conjure up some Eagle Scout projects there... for the good of the "community" of course hahaha.. NO, just no LOL..

Harry's Island being shared with Scouts is awesome. Nice of Harry to share his little slice of the world with those who are coming up in the world and willing to paddle canoes with their gear to camp. Any pictures of the axe and hatchet throwing range?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    . Any pictures of the axe and hatchet throwing range?
    Here's how we did ours..

Tack a playing card to the middle of the center log as the bonus points stick..

Do you have a mailbox, Harry?

I did a round on another mailboat a few years ago. Fun way to spend an afternoon.

Harry’s Island

I have owned this island for 11 months now, and I have not spent a night on it. My older brother is in town for his 50th HS reunion, so he is watching my Mom tonight. So I motored out here and set up camp.

Very cool out here. Dead silent except for frogs croaking. Moon not full, but very bright. Supposed to be Aurora Borealis ?? If so, I will see them.

Name:	Image1662513247.596987.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	425706

This is outstanding Harry.

I have owned this island for 11 months now, and I have not spent a night on it. My older brother is in town for his 50th HS reunion, so he is watching my Mom tonight. So I motored out here and set up camp.

Very cool out here. Dead silent except for frogs croaking. Moon not full, but very bright. Supposed to be Aurora Borealis ?? If so, I will see them.

Name:	Image1662513247.596987.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	425706

Well that looks about perfect.
    I still call it The Jake.

+2. ' hope you see Aurora borealis, Harry ! !!

skiJ

Harry, not sure where you’re at in relation to Isle Royale latitude wise, but my girlfriend is on a backpacking trip up there and took this last night.

Hope you catch it tonight!

Name:  Image1662515552.657884.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  58.5 KB

Harry, watch out for Cricket Boy.

Where's Harry? Anyone? Bueller?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I’m not on my island right now, ice is too thin to walk or XC ski out there, and I failed to take that one maggots advice upthread to buy a hovercraft.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums

I’m not on my island right now, ice is too thin to walk or XC ski out there, and I failed to take that one maggots advice upthread to buy a hovercraft.

❤️Merry Christmas!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    hey, KQ - see the Midwest stoke thread.

at least to my reading,
    Harry has found a pretty-Beautiful Life in the upper midwest, where the former "mayor of BigSky" presides over a couple of (low) hills and continues to live a Big adventure !

( correct any of it, Harry ! great Respect ! )

Thank you for bumping this thread -
    I have wondered about :'Harry's Island!

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    hey, KQ - see the Midwest stoke thread.

at least to my reading,
    Harry has found a pretty-Beautiful Life in the upper midwest, where the former "mayor of BigSky" presides over a couple of (low) hills and continues to live a Big adventure !

( correct any of it, Harry ! great Respect ! )

Thank you for bumping this thread -
    I have wondered about :'Harry's Island!

skiJ
    Thanks! We connected.