Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: New Nordica Ski

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    39

    New Nordica Ski

    Posted on their facebook and Instagram. Crossing fingers for something like an enforcer 104 tour... Anyone got more info?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 4.35.35 PM.png 
Views:	231 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	390687  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,007
    Has Nordica ever made a touring ski? My guess would be an Enforcer without metal in it that could be a heavy touring ski or light resort ski, 1700-1900g weight range

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Has Nordica ever made a touring ski? My guess would be an Enforcer without metal in it that could be a heavy touring ski or light resort ski, 1700-1900g weight range
    None that I know of. I think the enforcer shape would lend itself to a pretty versatile touring ski if they got it down to that weight range.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,007
    I doubt they will market it as a touring ski but they do need something without metal to compete with the QST, Ripstick, etc

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Has Nordica ever made a touring ski? My guess would be an Enforcer without metal in it that could be a heavy touring ski or light resort ski, 1700-1900g weight range
    The Hell & Back line from a decade ago was positioned as a “sidecountry” ski, but nothing truly positioned at touring

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    592
    It's a long shot, but if they made the Zero again I would buy that ski in a heartbeat - a ski well beyond its time imo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    3,550
    Hell and back with dynafit speed bindings was my touring ski for four years. Had the Enforcer as my main lift ski. Was nice to keep the same shape back and forth. Gotten older, gone lighter

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,298
    I predict like an Elan Ripstick Black Edition.

    Full of carbon instead of metal.
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    98
    its a carbon enforcer 104. No metal.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,222
    Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    its a carbon enforcer 104. No metal.
    That would be an awesome ski.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    2,752
    A friend has the Vagabond (I think that was the model) for his touring skis. I remember them being surprisingly light when I mounted his clamps for him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    39
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 1.33.32 PM.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	597.3 KB 
ID:	391012
    Looks like were on the right track.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,298
    Hope the lengths are 179, 186 and 191 like the 104 Free and not 177, 185 and 191 like the 110 Free.
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    39
    https://www.nordica.com/usa/en/unlimited

    Pretty cool line. Excited they came out with it in three widths. I wonder how much they will ski like the standard enforcers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    4,198
    The weight differential between the metal and unlimited versions is pretty significant. The SkiEssentials guys put up a video on YT that notes that the 179 104 Unlimited is 500-grams or roughly 20% lighter than a 179 104 Free. They call out a lighter core and a sturdier/stronger carbon used in the Unlimited. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwvVKYRsb9A)

    The 104 Unlimited sounds like a pretty interesting touring ski. I could see lighter-weight skiers liking it for a more playful all-mtn ski.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,298

    New Nordica Ski

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    The weight differential between the metal and unlimited versions is pretty significant. The SkiEssentials guys put up a video on YT that notes that the 179 104 Unlimited is 500-grams or roughly 20% lighter than a 179 104 Free. They call out a lighter core and a sturdier/stronger carbon used in the Unlimited. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwvVKYRsb9A)
    The 104 Unlimited sounds like a pretty interesting touring ski. I could see lighter-weight skiers liking it for a more playful all-mtn ski.
    Ya these (@ 1,650 gm per 179cm ski) might make me sell my Elan Ripstick 106 with Shifts (@ 1,810 gm per 178cm ski)........now on the radar for sure.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 11-06-2021 at 01:43 PM.
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,096
    Been looking for a reason to unload my QST 106 w Shifts. Here it is…

    I actually sold both my Enforcer 104 and 110 last year. I liked them fine but just preferred the Volkl M102 and K108 for the resort. I want to pair this new ski with a 300 g binding.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    1,891
    Enforcer 104 Unlimited is claiming to be coming in the same, or even slightly lighter, than a VWerks Mantra. Interesting.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Burly
    Posts
    37
    Really surprised they were able to get the weights as low as they did. IMO the 94 seems like it would great harder snow touring ski, a la midwinter Tuckerman Ravine, but I've really preferred the 104/110 shape over the 100 and below for more variable terrain, trees, etc

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,541

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    71
    The flex profile and how well it can resolve chatter will make or break the ski. The 179 94 @ 1.55? That's approaching skimo territory. I don't want Kores from any brand, and these are even lighter.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    98
    Imho I have zero interest in this ski. Nordica has dumbed down the enforcer line to mediocrity to market to the masses who are below average skiers and want one ski to “kind of do everything” for the two days a year they ski.

    The regular enforcer 104 is the only very good ski in that lineup. Rest are mediocre.

    The reason the 104 is a very good ski is because it’s a very well rounded ski with pretty good suspension and a nice balance in terms of weight and maneuverability. Decent to very solid across the board imo in other categors. Getting nitpicky, I would personally soften the tail just a tiny bit on that sk).

    So personally this is one of the last skis I would want 500 grams lighter. It throws off the most important attribute of that ski which is how the weight/suspension compliments and is very well balanced for the rest of the ski. Which is the most important piece of bringing the ski together.

    I’d rather stick to a much lighter ski than this or just lug my regular e104s or any other real ski uphill if I’m skiiing anything challenging.

    Disclaimer: Haven’t skid this yet so these are just initial reactions.

    There’s no replacement for displacement.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    1,891
    ^^^ Yes, I got rid of my Enforcer 100 and 110 because I kept bumping into the speed/stability limit on the top end. Not the first skis that I’d take a bunch of weight out of. However, Lots of people downshift when skiing side/backcountry to manage the inherent limitations of a lightweight ski.

    VWerks Mantra and Katana still surprise me with how hard you can still step on the gas. Hard in my mind to top those two but I’d love it if the Unlimited 104 could do it somehow with some voodoo.

    Either way, Nordica will sell a ton of these.

    I do wonder why no Santa Ana 104 for Women? My wife loves her Santa Ana 110’s and I’d consider getting her an Unlimited but not a 93 or 88.

    For that matter, why any Unlimited 88’s at all? Rather see 110’s.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,072

    New Nordica Ski

    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    why any Unlimited 88’s at all? Rather see 110’s.
    Probably because they’ll sell a ton of 88s in Yurp. And hell of a lot more 88s than 110s globally
    Last edited by dcpnz; 11-07-2021 at 09:15 AM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    2,151
    Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    Imho I have zero interest in this ski. Nordica has dumbed down the enforcer line to mediocrity to market to the masses who are below average skiers and want one ski to “kind of do everything” for the two days a year they ski.

    The regular enforcer 104 is the only very good ski in that lineup. Rest are mediocre.

    The reason the 104 is a very good ski is because it’s a very well rounded ski with pretty good suspension and a nice balance in terms of weight and maneuverability. Decent to very solid across the board imo in other categors. Getting nitpicky, I would personally soften the tail just a tiny bit on that sk).

    So personally this is one of the last skis I would want 500 grams lighter. It throws off the most important attribute of that ski which is how the weight/suspension compliments and is very well balanced for the rest of the ski. Which is the most important piece of bringing the ski together.

    I’d rather stick to a much lighter ski than this or just lug my regular e104s or any other real ski uphill if I’m skiiing anything challenging.

    Disclaimer: Haven’t skid this yet so these are just initial reactions.

    There’s no replacement for displacement.
    Agave you skied the 94? It’s very good. I owned 110’s, skied 100’s a few times. The 94 has a much higher top end and is a great ski.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •