Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Cool, thanks

thanks. Got a chance to ride the East Zion stuff near the end of my trip.
    Up little Dipper, out on the Canyon Connector, and then down into the next canyon and a bit up the other side. Will be fun as its better marked etc.

Back out the same way but rode Bison escape/chute. Maybe a bit above my XC single speed, but the rest was OK on SS. odds are more fun on a full sus.

Thanks for the good trail work

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    thanks. Got a chance to ride the East Zion stuff near the end of my trip.
    Up little Dipper, out on the Canyon Connector, and then down into the next canyon and a bit up the other side. Will be fun as its better marked etc.

Back out the same way but rode Bison escape/chute. Maybe a bit above my XC single speed, but the rest was OK on SS. odds are more fun on a full sus.

Thanks for the good trail work
    Yeah, it's mostly bike specific directional stuff and it's not obvious right now on how and where to ride the place. You basically hit all of the more xc stuff, there's SO much more out there but it's mostly designed for a FS bike, gravity riding and hitting jumps and features. There's a whole other system that goes 4-500 vertical above that canyon you were in and those trails are awesome. What you rode wouldn't have been my suggestion but being on a ss xc bike probably best anyways.

It's a session system. I'm not sure that everyone gets that yet or is their cup of tea. It's what I'm personally into. It's sort of a place where you can go on an xc ride but hit modern, directional trails the whole way and do repeats to dial in lines.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Yeah, it's mostly bike specific directional stuff and it's not obvious right now on how and where to ride the place. You basically hit all of the more xc stuff, there's SO much more out there but it's mostly designed for a FS bike, gravity riding and hitting jumps and features. There's a whole other system that goes 4-500 vertical above that canyon you were in and those trails are awesome. What you rode wouldn't have been my suggestion but being on a ss xc bike probably best anyways.

It's a session system. I'm not sure that everyone gets that yet or is their cup of tea. It's what I'm personally into. It's sort of a place where you can go on an xc ride but hit modern, directional trails the whole way and do repeats to dial in lines.
    yup. VERY cool feel to it. Is on the hit list for sure with a bigger bike.

When is the rest coming to trailforks/maps?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    yup. VERY cool feel to it. Is on the hit list for sure with a bigger bike.

When is the rest coming to trailforks/maps?
    Thanks mntlion.

Heck if I know. Hopefully by spring. They've got a lot going on with the park visitors center right there and developing the upper trailhead etc. I've been doing shuttle assisted rides there. You can park at the top of that canyon you were in, ride the upper stuff, cross NF Road and drop into that canyon, ride back up and out and down to Apple Cross at the bottom. Then I'll go get a couple laps on Radio Flyer, Bison Chute and Lunar Ride.

These new school trail systems make me really want an E-bike.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

RA, have you checked out new trails near Kanab, Tilted Mesa? Looks pretty cool.

"It feels like Wire Mesa and Grafton Mesa had a baby, and then let Richfield UT babysit it..." lol

https://www.utahmountainbiking.com/t...ilted-mesa.htm

well that looks like fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    RA, have you checked out new trails near Kanab, Tilted Mesa? Looks pretty cool.

"It feels like Wire Mesa and Grafton Mesa had a baby, and then let Richfield UT babysit it..." lol

https://www.utahmountainbiking.com/t...ilted-mesa.htm

I did but that was in the fall when there was only one or two loops. I'll be there this week and I'll report back.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Bumping this so it doesn't get buried before I grab those links.

Thanks for all your work, RA, looking forward to checking them out.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Bumping this so it doesn't get buried before I grab those links.

Thanks for all your work, RA, looking forward to checking them out.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk
    Awesome!

I just got back from Kanab and riding East Zion this past week and holy moly that place is getting to be so much fun! It's quickly becoming my favorite place to ride.

Apex Trails and Loam Improvement have been working on the upper system this past spring and all I can say is wow, those guys are good! That pod is much better and interesting to work with and ride. I'm definitely jealous but it was still a great opportunity for me to learn and gain experience in the more difficult geology. The place is almost completely machine built trail so if jumps and flow ain't your thing you may not love it but if you do enjoy that sort of experience look out, this place is fire!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

have been to Eat Zion twice now. First time in November and did not ride, mud and snow. Was there this past April and unfortunately did not ride any of the upper stuff. Started over on canyon connector and hit some wet and snow immediately so stopped. Trails are a couple of thousand feet higher than Gooseberry so keep that in mind if planning fall or spring. Went to Kanab and wind was whipping. Total dust bowl did not ride. Not much parking and no good camping at trailhead. Best is up Johnson Canyon but it is a ways up to public lands. Video makes Kanab look good the area needed something like that.
    off your knees Louie

anything new for maps for upper Applecross MTB Trail System, or Tilted Messa?