Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    If any maggots happened to be in the Eastern Sierra this week, we have a super special concert on Wednesday night in June Lake

Attachment 413560
    Came here to post this!
    Yeah 4/20 at the T-Bar Social Club. Pato is a PHENOMENAL entertainer, you don't want to miss it.

This is gonna be the dance party of the year

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Good skiing this past weekend. got some great wind buff friday, but clipped another rock and have now destroyed 2 edges on my beloved Legend Pro 105's in the 184cm length

Saturday kinda sucked for us. Got stuck on ch1 for close to an hour nearly right out of the gate. Get to the top of ch1 and patrol says Mtn is shutting, do we know where we are going. Got 1 run down and then told ski team was cancelled, and we were a bit chilly after sitting on the chair in the slightly breezy conditions. Buddy said ch22 zone was $$$ though. We didn't nail the logistics on Saturday

Sunday was fun. Bombing around with Mini Comish and Mrs. Comish. The kid is now officially the fastest Comish in the family. We scored 4th gondi car to the top after some fresh on 3 and 5. A few Noid's laps which are the best filled in of the entire year, including 1st tracks in P1 although Mrs. Comish nailed 1st tracks in P2 apparently. The tail had gotten cooked by the time the rope dropped on Dave's. The roller derby out to Dave's was sorta comical. We nailed the rope drop, but glad we don't have that sorta deal very often. Finished with a parent / kid race on fat skis!

We should definitely make Memorial Day with this new snow, at least from mid up. Not ready for the season to end
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Great shot of Dropout Fofo!

It looks like this storm really helped fill things in.

One of my buddies headed up Saturday afternoon on a quick strike mission. He asked me but I just couldn't pull it off.

We will be up this week, Going up Thursday AM and skiing Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Let me know if any of you are going to be around, I'm hoping to finally meet up with some of you.

I do hope this next storm is nice and solid.

I'm curious to see the Snowman's weather update tomorrow.
    Thanks, LDD! Some really fun days of skiing, even if windy and lots of chairs were on wind hold through the weekend. We didn't get stuck for as long as Comish, only for about 10 minutes on chair 2, and in a spot kinda protected from the wind, but we were still swinging. The bar came down, for sure!

But the memorable moment of the last few days for me was on Cornice, one of those days when it's peppered with people sitting all over the slope trying to figure out how to make it down, I felt something that made me look upslope and I saw a boarder coming in my direction like a missile, sliding straight down, out of control. I was barely able to make it to the side! He eventually stopped and was OK.

Too bad you couldn't make it to this past storm, but you should have a good time with fresh snow this coming weekend. We already left town, but hopefully one day we'll get to meet and have a beer.

Just my luck. Doggie and kitty day care duties while Mrs L2S is out of town.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-04-21 070126.png
Views: 992
Size:  104.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^^^^ I thought you didn't like deep pow. Honestly, this looks more like a base rebuild than epic powder day. Warmer, wetter, better consolidating snow. I'm thinking it will be fine the first hours, and then a few days before the corn cycle sets in and it gets awesome.

Maybe I could handle a few feet of Sierra Cement??? It is when it is more like waist deep that I have given up on for now, down the road, who knows.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Mammoth 2021-2022 snow mandate thread.

Liv2ski, it sounds like it's road trip time with the doggie and kittie! 14-15 inches of snow:

https://www.mammothmountain.com/mountain/winter-weather

LDD, I'm sure you're having a blast!

We can't go in the next few days, but we'll be back as soon as we can, probably next weekend.

And it looks better and drier than I assumed. I have my fomo going. Will be out next Saturday for spring conditions if anyone is gonna be around and want to make turns. Stoked they opened Schoolyard today. Allows you to ski a whole bunch more of the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    Liv2ski, it sounds like it's road trip time with the doggie and kittie! 14-15 inches of snow:
    Have you ever driven 400 miles one way with two howling cats? Ya, me neither. It will never happen. One of the reasons I bought a Cayenne that can tow a camper is to put the cats in the camper, while we and the dogs are in the car for those long road trips.

Ha! Yeah, no. Only short trips to the vet, a few miles away, and it's been constant growling and howling and trying to get out of the carrier the whole time. I can't imagine having that the whole drive to Mammoth! The cats stay when we go, we make sure that the feeders are full.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Have you ever driven 400 miles one way with two howling cats? Ya, me neither. It will never happen. One of the reasons I bought a Cayenne that can tow a camper is to put the cats in the camper, while we and the dogs are in the car for those long road trips.
    Yup. We do it many weekends. Add 3 kids and a dog to the 2 cats and that is the Comish posse!

Umm, today didn't suck!!! 14 to 18" is about right. Remarkably light and, for Mammoth, not too wind effected! The start was a bit rough as ch2 opened 10 minutes late so didn't get much good right off the bat, but a couple lincoln hikes, followed by first chair on ch5, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220422_110943.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	725.6 KB 
ID:	414004 followed by something like 15th chair on 23 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220422_112745.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	414005 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220422_120415.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	414007with first tracks in the Noids twice made for a great day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220422_121357.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	904.1 KB 
ID:	414006 Snow was pretty dang good. Way better than last weekend. It got pretty chilly last night so it was lighter than expected. Almost forgot what face shots were

Parking was down to the Earthquake fault when I left around 1. Somehow they are going to try and run 230 kids down a super G course tomorrow It's gonna be tough as it's really soft now and warming up fast. Beautiful day

Dang, the one time I try picts my jong ass can't get it right. How do I rotate the picts w/in TGR? In my Photo's album it auto rotates and I just attach the downloaded fine?

I read someone said to crop them and then post. Beats me as mine always just work.

Mammoth 2021-2022 snow mandate thread.

I’ll be heading to Mammoth May 15-23
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

My wife and I have been out the last two days. Yesterday was insane, by far the best top day I have had this year. I got about 4 noids laps in, first time I have been over there since around December 22. I meant to post some footage, but felll asleep too early. We will be out today, red arctyrex, ble pants, 4frnt ehps. Wife maroon pants, champagne jacket, might be with a couple of snowboarders if we can meet up. Give me a shout if you see me.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Yup. We do it many weekends. Add 3 kids and a dog to the 2 cats and that is the Comish posse!
    That's pretty cool Comish, you must be in a huge Suburban with that crew.

Mammoth is skiing well right now! And Major Tom is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A852C99B-C01D-4353-83FA-63AE505741BA.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	579.3 KB 
ID:	414202
    Enjoying my $19 round with my kid on the ML deck.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That's pretty cool Comish, you must be in a huge Suburban with that crew.
    Nope. VW Atlas. The thing is the perfect size for our posse as we prefer smaller vehicles. For example, I'm up here with my Golf R. Don't love the Atlas, but they did a great job with the packaging and making it big on the inside while not enormous on the outside. Now if I could just put R engine, brakes, suspension, and transmission (manual) in the Atlas it would be perfect. I can only dream.

Finished ski team season today with Super G. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220425_090300.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	414362 Pretty cool with D$ is your forerunner! US Ski Team is training GS and slalom. Perfect snow Cornice to Ralphies this morning around 11am!

Tough weekend for Team Comish. While Mrs. Comish and I were getting freshies Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220423_093719.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	414363 Saturday morning we get a call after our 2nd pow run that one of the Comish Twins hurt her leg. They were worried she dislocated her knee, but turns out it was only the patella that was dislocated. After a few hours, some drugs, they popped it back in place. Fingers crossed nothing was torn. She wasn't really even skiing so good news is I don't think she will worry about making turns again. She will think twice before sliding slowly backwards into pow/tree wells...
    Last edited by comish; 04-25-2022 at 06:01 PM.

bummer
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Yup, really sorry to hear that Comish. Good news is kids normally heal up fast and well.

Here is a quick clip from Friday of a line down P1. I'll post a longer video later. It was cutup by this point, but still REALLY fun. It was both soft and solid, if that is possible.

Last edited by Long duc dong; 01-19-2023 at 07:51 PM.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post

Name:	A852C99B-C01D-4353-83FA-63AE505741BA.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	579.3 KB 
ID:	414202
    Enjoying my $19 round with my kid on the ML deck.
    Seems entirely reasonable!

Comish, hope the knee turns out okay.

This really was the best skiing of the year for me. When the Paranoids are deep and stable, but still pretty soft and not all that wind affected....Well that is a recipe for insane.

One of the best parts of Friday was that after the upper gondi opened I was able to get laps in the noids with no lines on 23. It was cutup, but still a blast.

There were some guys crushing Hangman's on Friday afternoon. A couple of turn, then airing the rocky throat and just blasting out the bottom. I don't think it was open on Saturday, I skied by the entrance and didn't see the hole in the gate. I couldn't tell if people were just skiing it normally, i.e. skiing down and picking their way through the throat. The the throat looked pretty rocky from below, I'm not sure hoe well it went.

I didn't see if anyone skied Philippe's, and I also didn't ski over beneath it to see if it went.

What a storm. I won't be back up for at least two weeks, probably mid-May for one last trip, but that was by far the best skiing I have had this year.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I was out looking for a few last pow lines in the tree’s on Sunday and I think I stumbled across Mammoth’s new employee housing!

Name:	7BB752CF-0C52-4A42-A710-4EDD07687015.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	669.7 KB 
ID:	414561
    It’s ski in, ski out with an easy traverse to South Park and ch 4.

Name:	6F09D7FB-7101-439F-9DA9-F44510736CA6.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	895.9 KB 
ID:	414563
    The West wing looks well fortified.

Name:	AE7F67B5-EFB8-4622-95E1-0BD56F24A8E6.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	771.1 KB 
ID:	414565
    View out the front door, lots of natural lighting. This won’t last long so get on waiting list soon.

I bet it’s on Hipcamp. “Bring your own trowel.”

"Cozy cottage. Mountain views. Ski in, ski out. Sleeps 3. $1500/month"

ESS, cool find!

LDD, sounds like you had a blast, that's great. I wonder if they'll extend the season?

Comish, so sorry to hear about little Comish, as Liv2ski said, the good thing is that kids recover quickly. (I do miss that!).