Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    I don’t want to take support away from NOAA/NWS. That’s my beef with weather apps

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wait wait wait...you guys don't like spoon feeding? Rather go out and hunt down those boars yerselves, eh?

I just don't get the Open Snow vitriol. You guys know the Weather Channel and weather.com are billion dollar companies doing much worse than Open Snow, and are actively trying to privatize weather forecasting and bury your beloved NWS?

Do you get your panties in a twist about them too? https://time.com/5615625/private-com...asting-threat/

Oh, and OTT, thank you for recognizing my subhumanity -- I'm sure glad somebody sees me for who I really am!

I'll stop thrunting up this thread now. Back to your regularly-scheduled programming...
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    Oh, man, I could post a video of me skiing bumps and then there would be no doubt about it...
    No worries 'bout that.
    MikeyB? He don't ski no bumps for fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

naw hell no
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Good article MM and worth pointing out. OS is not the WC or any of the big industry types.

FWIW I dislike Surfline even more. Those bastards killed the scoring it days. Or at least really limited them. I don't pay for any forecasting sites, mostly because I predate forecasting sites and the internet in general. Still have my weather radio handy as that was is what I used growing up.

And of course a 10 day is just wishful thinking. Tho, over the decades I have noticed you are less likely to go from completely dry to quite wet, but the wet scenarios often do dry up a bit to completely once you get inside of 3 days. Outside of 72 hours this time of year is really hard to forecast. Spring and Autumn are trickier than Winter to forecast. Summer is the easiest.

Home today as my kid is under the weather. Stirring up shit I guess. Apologies. Hoping this current system pans out, as we really need that water. And hoping that first week of April is cold and snowy or warm and sunny.

You guys should go skiing!

W. US Regionals happening at MM now. It froze solid last night so was firm this morning and a touch cooler initially. Mini Comish wasn't quite prepared for the firm this morning. It still got to 60ish at the Village when I went to pick him up. Skiing is still great, even if it hasn't snowed a ton this year. It's typical Mammoth spring. Follow the sun and you will have some fun.

It's kinda nuts to me to have my kid competing against the kids of Moe, Schlopy, Rearick, Swanwick. Skied w/ one who was digging our fall line runs off 23 and is still super stoked.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Mammoth 2021-2022 snow mandate thread.

yeah go skiing
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    Alpenhof
    Funky, walking distance to village and gondola
    Pre Covid had a nice euro breakfast
    Quite cheap and will give you a pass discount after a few nights

https://www.alpenhof-lodge.com/rooms...fireplace-room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had two excellent happy hour/dinners there.

Pretty sure I'll be in mammoth second half of April. Quiet time I'm assuming.

Midweek will be very quiet. Weekends quiet, but with the lower mountain closed, it won't feel empty. If they keep 4 running, it helps spread out the crowds a bit more. Even better if they keep Schoolyard going to get you up the hill, but imagine the bottom will be burnt out before then, and then you gotta ask if it is worth moving the snow for them. Possible on weekends, to help with parking.

They think they will make Memorial Day at Main which was good to hear. Closing day for Eagle is gonna be tighter, but should make it.

It was warm today!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    He who has the most fun wins!

Name:  Screenshot 2022-03-27 082706.png
Views: 592
Size:  663.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Damn ..... not even close. Thank Dog for Miracle December.

Right? I need to be prepared to travel in the upcoming years. Thanks Ikon.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-03-27 082706.png
Views: 592
Size:  663.7 KB
    Mammoth has gotten 14” since the New Year??!!

^that is insane. Wow

Mammoth 2021-2022 snow mandate thread.

Wow, that's awful. There's a storm tomorrow so the March number should go up a little bit, but even including that one, the difference between this year and the second worst year is huuuge.

And, as usual, the forecast for tomorrow's storm went down from 10 inches to 3-5 inches.

Mammoth couldn't dig up a photo from somewhere local to pair with the dismal news?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Mammoth didn't print that, it came from a weather forecaster up there. But really, who gives 2 fucks?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Mammoth couldn't dig up a photo from somewhere local to pair with the dismal news?
    It's Mammoth Lakes. That must be one of the illustrious lakes... probably located out on the scenic loop.

Mrs C and I are currently in Mammoth, courtesy of liv2ski's very generous offer of his rental condo for a couple of days. Woke up to a dusting of snow, wind, and a forecast that includes thunderstorms... NOAA Reno office discussion says storm is moving in slower and more during the day, so I think we may wait and ski later in the day if lightning doesn't develope. Early morning looks like it'll be dust on ice and a shit ton of wind.

Yesterday was my first visit to June Lake ski area. Snow conditions were spring firm to slush, and getting thin. But that place has fantastic views and a great old style lodge. Fun day for cruising around.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

That's funny, we decided to go to June yesterday since we had not been there in a couple years and their closing date is coming soon.

Beautiful views. We got to the parking lot around 9:30 am and we still parked close to the ticket office. And we often had the runs for ourselves. Fun day! If I had known you were there too we could have offered a beer back at the car.

We'll be in Mammoth today. Fofette wants to do a demo day since she's looking for new skis so I guess it'll be a day of stopping by the main Lodge to switch skis. But if you want to meet for a couple laps or a beer after skiing let me know. 831-776-5385.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It's Mammoth Lakes. That must be one of the illustrious lakes... probably located out on the scenic loop.
    Nope, about 150 miles away. Doesn't matter a bit, just find it amusing.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Got out for an hour this morning... was too early. A decent amount of snow had already fallen but the bulletproof below was very not enjoyable. Couldn't find anything that exceeded only partial enjoyment on Chairs 3, 5, or 22.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

The crowds today are unbearable!

The upper mountain and the back bowl off chair 3 are closed due to several small slides. We just counted 8.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Nope, about 150 miles away. Doesn't matter a bit, just find it amusing.
    I was just trying to get someone to go look for a lake on the scenic loop...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.